Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What frivolous animation do you hope to see some day?

• 2138 posts
    June 2, 2022 12:53 PM PDT

Counterfleche said:

I would like to see the following emotes:

/cleanweapon - unsheathes sword and wipes it, before putting it back

[...]

Jobeson said:

Sarim said:

[...]

[...]

[...]

refinement: So as the same armor piece would look different when worn by different races like a robe on a human would appear to have a different cut than the same robe on an elf which would appear to have upturned lapels, or a helm that looks like....a teapot...only on dwarven races; *inhales*  then so would a katana be the only weapon with a different "cleaning" animation in that it would mimic the classic Samurai drag and sheath. And perhaps, that animation available only after "attack" is executed by the player against a valid target. Like, you could not arbitrarily clean off your katana- just for Katana's. 

• 200 posts
    June 2, 2022 11:48 PM PDT

Hi,

i would like to see many dance emotes, /headbang and FF14's /dote emote.

This is the /dote emote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq_-_mEMggE

Cheers

• 256 posts
    June 3, 2022 8:39 AM PDT

There are four animations that I typically use across all games. Those animations are:

/lol
    /cheer
    /clap
    /dance

So, I hope that all of those are in the game. As for one that I would like to see added, I would like to see an eyebrow raise. Even if this animation couldn't be shown on a character because of limitations, It would be cool to see something in chat saying "(player character name) raises their eyebrow in a questioning manner."

• 220 posts
    June 4, 2022 6:29 AM PDT
    I would like to see spinning a weapon before sheathing it after battle.
    • 2756 posts
    June 6, 2022 1:06 PM PDT

Please nothing from pop 'earth' culture.

Yeah, call me a killjoy stick-in-the-mud if you like, but /dance being a Michael Jackson routine including signature moonwalk or some such is just so cringey. Or whatever the TikTok dance is this week. Please no.

• 1287 posts
    June 6, 2022 2:45 PM PDT

disposalist said:

Yeah, call me a killjoy stick-in-the-mud if you like, but /dance being a Michael Jackson routine including signature moonwalk or some such is just so cringey. Or whatever the TikTok dance is this week. Please no.

Lol good idea...how bout playing with a stick in the mud?  (grab a nearby stick, start doodling on the ground with it)

This post was edited by Ranarius at June 6, 2022 2:46 PM PDT
    • 74 posts
    June 6, 2022 2:56 PM PDT
    @Ranarius honestly I love the idea of doodling on the ground. Even just going through the motions, it's a perfect amount for laying out a plan.
    I don't know about anybody else, but in my various and sundry activities, I have sketched out plans many times using such complicated instruments as nearby rocks and twigs and soil. Leaves too, if we're getting fancy!
    • 888 posts
    June 6, 2022 10:18 PM PDT

disposalist said:

VR could make a /curmudgeon emote, complete with a sign you hammer into the ground that says "you kids get off my lawn".  (Kidding, of course).  In all seriousness,  your dislike of pop culture references doesn't make you a stick in the mud, it just makes you someone who doesn't like them.

Personally,  I enjoy whimsical elements,  even some from pop culture,  but I don't want them to be too obvious or obnoxious. I'd rather see a Marx Brothers mirror routine emote than a Michael Jackson dance.

This post was edited by Counterfleche at June 6, 2022 11:12 PM PDT
    • 122 posts
    June 6, 2022 11:48 PM PDT

I would choose to add in anything racially unique, whether that's racially unqiue idle stances, dancing, swimming.  Cloaks and hair blowing in the breeze too.  Also, anyone remember in eq1 where if you got drunk then you would kind of zigzag in 1st person view?  I would have it to where others could tell you were drunk and stumbling about ;)

• 810 posts
    June 6, 2022 11:51 PM PDT

Counterfleche said:

I'd rather see a Marx Brothers mirror routine emote than a Michael Jackson dance.

I would rather see in game celeb level bards/performers the players would mimic.  Make the world feel real.  Make people IRL look silly mimicing it.  This is a win win.  The rude gesture could be an angry queen wave.  Add literal magic to contact juggling and see what animations pop out.   

Yes, almost everything will have some sort of roots in the real world, but the Vulcan hand gesture, the Wakanda gesture, firefly swears, the 3 finger salute from hunger games, etc have all become cultural memes in their own right.  Aim for greatness VR. 

• 888 posts
    June 7, 2022 9:08 AM PDT

Jobeson said:

Counterfleche said:

I'd rather see a Marx Brothers mirror routine emote than a Michael Jackson dance.

I would rather see in game celeb level bards/performers the players would mimic.  Make the world feel real.  Make people IRL look silly mimicing it.  This is a win win.  The rude gesture could be an angry queen wave.  Add literal magic to contact juggling and see what animations pop out.   

Yes, almost everything will have some sort of roots in the real world, but the Vulcan hand gesture, the Wakanda gesture, firefly swears, the 3 finger salute from hunger games, etc have all become cultural memes in their own right.  Aim for greatness VR. 

Having our own iconic emotes is absolutely better that pop-culture parodies. I'd love for something akin to the Hunger Games Mocking Jay salute but it should be unique to Pantheon.  I'm fine with some pop-culture, especially if it's either an homage or something we don't see all the time, but we need our own iconic symbols / gestures. I don't want to see Skar twerking but I wouldn't mind a dance emote that's inspired by swing dancing. 

• 417 posts
    June 8, 2022 12:00 PM PDT

@Counterfleche I wish you hadn't put the image of a twerking Skar in my head.

Maybe the emote of a skar trying to whistle.

• 888 posts
    June 9, 2022 10:07 AM PDT

Thorndeep said:

@Counterfleche I wish you hadn't put the image of a twerking Skar in my head. 

My first MMO was Anarchy-Online. That had lots of social clothing options, including bikinis. Some Atrox players would wear them (Atrox being a massive, hypermasculine-looking race that was actually neuter). That was a sight I can never unsee.

Maybe the emote of a skar trying to whistle.

That would be quite amusing. Two fingers in mouth and a wet "pfhhhhhh" sound.  Perhaps Skar are also into garish make-up, but terrible at applying it. We could have an emote for applying make-up and when used by a Skar, it looks like a 6 year old applied a hooker clown aestetic.

In all seriousness, some /makeup emotes would be fun. Character makeup shouldn't be an immutable feature chosen on character creation.  Let us create a few different makeup looks and set them to /makeup1. /makeup2, etc (as well as a /makeup0 which is no makeup).  This would also work for war paint and other race-appropriate cosmetic options.

• 101 posts
    July 4, 2022 1:31 PM PDT

100% the ability to roll all the way down a hill instead of walking.