Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What frivolous animation do you hope to see some day?

• 810 posts
    May 29, 2022 8:46 PM PDT
    The artists have their work cut out for them with all of the animations for abilities, spells, swimming, climbing, across all races, weapons, and creature types... BUT if you could add one animation onto that pile, with no impact to the game, what would it be?

I hope we have the ability to pet our pets/mounts/familiars
    • 1287 posts
    May 29, 2022 11:05 PM PDT

I actually always like /rude   heh...it's even surprising to me that that one stands out to me.  I never used it against players, but I often used it against npcs, haha...I kinda hope there is something like that.

• 223 posts
    May 30, 2022 1:11 AM PDT

That dwarf roll.

• 810 posts
    May 30, 2022 4:31 AM PDT
    Rude is often fitting for NPCs to use. Would be nice to sometimes see when your faction is just before KOS.
    • 2756 posts
    May 30, 2022 5:52 AM PDT

Ogres that scratch their arse crack on their idle animation?

I like a quite gritty, serious fantasy feel, but some races just suit subtle little light-hearted touches.

• 17 posts
    May 30, 2022 6:30 AM PDT

Jobeson said:  I hope we have the ability to pet our pets/mounts/familiars

Hah absolutely, as a druid if I could give Hirode chin tickles and ear scritches that would boost Pantheon to an 11/10.

But if something could be added without any impact to the development at all, I'd say an equip/unequip animation. You know, like a bracers fastening anim, or buckling a belt, placing a helmet on etc.

In reality completely impractical and a needless drain on resources, but if it was done, would looks pretty good I reckon.

• 724 posts
    May 30, 2022 6:45 AM PDT

I would hope that animations to draw/put away weapons are standard. That's actually one thing that regularly irks me when watching the streams, and I see characters running/standing around with their weapons drawn all the time!

But if we talk about frivolous, fun stuff: IMO Take a good look at FFXIV. Tons of facial expressions, different salutations, dances, poses, ...

• 810 posts
    May 30, 2022 9:08 AM PDT

Sarim said:

I would hope that animations to draw/put away weapons are standard. That's actually one thing that regularly irks me when watching the streams, and I see characters running/standing around with their weapons drawn all the time!

That is one of those things I wish MMOs would enforce.  Running with stowed weapons should be a bit faster than running with weapons out.  It should take a small animation to draw weapons, none of that silly instant shield equip nonsense.  Catching players off guard should be a mechanic to add risk.

• 2 posts
    May 30, 2022 10:15 AM PDT

Halfings getting the `/breakdance` emote.

• 888 posts
    May 31, 2022 2:19 AM PDT

I would like to see the following emotes:

/cleanweapon - unsheathes sword and wipes it, before putting it back

/dramaticdeath - overly dramatic fake death (think Paul Reubens in the Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie)

/lost - holds map upside down and looks confused

/hairshake - removes helmet and shakes hair in a slow twist, like a shampoo commercial

/wipesweat - removes helmet and wipes sweat from brow

/battleplan - draws a map in the dirt and points at group mates then points at spots on the dirt map

/tempertantrum - think Yosemite Sam

Jobeson said:

Sarim said:

That is one of those things I wish MMOs would enforce.  Running with stowed weapons should be a bit faster than running with weapons out.  It should take a small animation to draw weapons, none of that silly instant shield equip nonsense.  Catching players off guard should be a mechanic to add risk.

I really like this idea.  And it can even be expanded upon.  Having weapons out makes you more likely to draw aggro from inteliggent NPCs since they see you as more of a threat.  It should also make you louder, which will make stealthing harder.  And drawing your weapon should definately get attention.

• 727 posts
    May 31, 2022 8:13 AM PDT

A hug

• 1287 posts
    May 31, 2022 8:38 AM PDT

A hug

And then the other person has to /accept hug  ?  Hehe

• 2138 posts
    May 31, 2022 11:47 AM PDT

I'm trying to think of universally known gestures that have not been seen in MMO's but convey much IRL- without stepping into sign language.

Shh!: index finger perpendicular to lips, lips pursed slightly showing teeth.

kill it/stop it: index or all four fingers pointing straight at throat, pivoting on a fixed and stable wrist moving in a curve side to side.

peevish/annoyed (might be eurocentric)/ wotsa matta yoo! : palm up, thumb and fingertips touching straight up, fingers straight, rocked forward and back, squinched face.

crazy: index finger pointing to ear, making circles in air.

if there is money and resources, class specific: IF there are bards, bards are the only ones that can click heels in air and there is a cool down. 

• 888 posts
    May 31, 2022 11:59 AM PDT

I want to see hair and fabric blow with the wind and move fairly realistically when the character moves.

I would love to also see various long hair styles be changeable with emotes like /brushStyleX, /brushStyleY, /ponytail, etc.

• 724 posts
    May 31, 2022 1:10 PM PDT

Counterfleche said:

I would love to also see various long hair styles be changeable with emotes like /brushStyleX, /brushStyleY, /ponytail, etc.

Wow, that's actually a great idea!

• 888 posts
    May 31, 2022 1:21 PM PDT

Sarim said:

Counterfleche said:

Wow, that's actually a great idea!

To clarify,  the hair shouldn't need to be long. We should be able to change the style via an emote, but not the color or length.  So if you have short hair, you can also  /brush it into any style that matches the length.  It would be fun to be able to switch based on mood or for RP reasons. 

• 810 posts
    May 31, 2022 10:43 PM PDT

I can't help but think a PC will take off their helmet after weeks of adventuring only to find some horrific hair model. 

• 223 posts
    June 1, 2022 12:27 AM PDT

Nice post of CF; some roleplaying emotes would be welcomed!

• 1287 posts
    June 1, 2022 1:19 PM PDT

I can't help but think a PC will take off their helmet after weeks of adventuring only to find some horrific hair model. 

Helmet hair!!  

• 2886 posts
    June 1, 2022 2:38 PM PDT

Petting a dog.

• 417 posts
    June 1, 2022 4:48 PM PDT

How about eating animations? It would be cool to have different animations for different kinds of food like sipping on stew, biting an apple, or smacking ones lips after a good meal.

• 9115 posts
    June 2, 2022 3:48 AM PDT

This topic has been promoted for my CM content, please continue the discussion and have fun! :)

"Community Opinion - Animations - If you could add one animation into Pantheon that has no impact on game development, what would it be and why? https://bit.ly/3zgXP3l #MMORPG #CommunityMatters #games"

• 74 posts
    June 2, 2022 8:29 AM PDT

Honestly? If there was no impact whatsoever, if these animations just magically appeared ready for every race? Fabric animations. Give me fluttering cloaks, waving scarfs, layered tunics, etc. I want majesty and style. I want to strut into a throne room, lightning enchanted guitar in hand, and strike such a pose that the entire royal court is speechless, before laying into a sick-ass guitar solo.

• VR Staff
    • 353 posts
    June 2, 2022 8:38 AM PDT

Counterfleche said:

I would like to see the following emotes:

/cleanweapon - unsheathes sword and wipes it, before putting it back

/dramaticdeath - overly dramatic fake death (think Paul Reubens in the Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie)

/lost - holds map upside down and looks confused

/hairshake - removes helmet and shakes hair in a slow twist, like a shampoo commercial

/wipesweat - removes helmet and wipes sweat from brow

/battleplan - draws a map in the dirt and points at group mates then points at spots on the dirt map

/tempertantrum - think Yosemite Sam

I love so many of these

• 2419 posts
    June 2, 2022 9:16 AM PDT

When you type to the group 'AFK BIO' your character walks to the nearest tree or corner and, well, does their business until you get back to the keyboard.