Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Free Months With Pledge

• 844 posts
    April 25, 2017 3:40 PM PDT

Ok we all know those 2nd accounts are for all us many-boxing players that have to have more storage, all the crafters, buffbots, etc. 

• 2752 posts
    April 25, 2017 3:57 PM PDT

If they sell the game then I'd put money on there being a free month with purchase of the game. The sheer amount of negative publicity and backlash should they decide not to have that month would be brutal as it has basically been a standard at least as far back as EQ. It would be seen as trying to double dip on the consumer.

If they give the game out for free and you just have to pay for each month, then sure, no first month free. 

• 3852 posts
    April 26, 2017 9:06 AM PDT

A month play time with purchase is almost a given, assuming that they follow the standard model of selling the game.

I have never used 2 accounts with any game, I don't multibox and am not a packrat or a truly dedicated crafter/house furnisher. I could try and talk spouse into playing but spouse is ((blush)) a philistine. Hates to group - really wants to be able to get up and do other things whenever the urge strikes and groups don't take well to "It is a nice day and I'd like to take another look at the pond - back in 15 minutes".

One reason I push for solo content is so that we can get revenue from people like spouse, while maintaining core principles by keeping it less than half the game, lower xp than group content and inferior rewards than group play. I doubt if I can convince VR or most fellow pledges it is a good idea - I fully expect to lose on this issue - but after almost 50 years of marraige I KNOW I can't convince spouse to group so better the low percentage effort than the zero percentage effort.