Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Scenario - You just feel like chilling with a beer

• 9115 posts
    November 8, 2018 3:56 AM PST

Scenario - You just feel like chilling with a beer and fishing or crafting in Pantheon and someone asks you for help, what do you do? #PRF #MMORPG #MMO #communitymatters

• 8 posts
    November 8, 2018 4:17 AM PST

I'd help them. Besides, I don't drink and we all know that fishing without beer just doesn't happen :)

• 438 posts
    November 8, 2018 4:18 AM PST
    Depends on how drunk I am in all honesty. I’d like to say I’d help, but there have been times...
    • 633 posts
    November 8, 2018 4:50 AM PST

Sounds to me like it's gone from drinking and fishing to drinking and helping.

• 624 posts
    November 8, 2018 5:15 AM PST

Fire up run speed song and go assist - make a new friend, and perhaps gain an entertaining tale of derring-do! There will always be time for drinking, crafting and fishing.

• 107 posts
    November 8, 2018 6:12 AM PST
    Is this someone a friend? Guildie? Stranger? Or some combination of the 3? And what sort of help is required? Ultimately, I would lend a hand because that may be me asking for help one day and it would be nice if my efforts were remembered.
    • 3852 posts
    November 8, 2018 7:23 AM PST

I don't drink beer. Never have enjoyed it.

I don't fish - I don't find it as unpleasant as the fish find it but even so.

Probably help - if it is someone I don't much want to help say I cannot because I am in the middle of constant interruptions. Family aggro.

• 153 posts
    November 8, 2018 7:41 AM PST

i wonder how many beers kilsin was in, when he decided to make this post -_-.

• 646 posts
    November 8, 2018 7:47 AM PST

Well, I don't drink, period.

But besides that! I guess it depends on the person and how much I really need "me" time. If it's a friend and I was just doing "me" time for lack of better options, then I'd jump at the chance to help them. Probably for a random person, too. But if I'm feeling burned out on social interaction, I'd just say, "I'm sorry, but I'm busy doing other things at the moment."

• 61 posts
    November 8, 2018 8:22 AM PST

Record the distress and put it up on youtube?

• 1921 posts
    November 8, 2018 8:47 AM PST

If the someone is on my /friends list or in my guild or an ally guild?

I would help them immediately.

If they're a random stranger, I would offer to help them later.

• 19 posts
    November 8, 2018 9:10 AM PST

Check my list to see if they're a griefer or from a greifing guild. If so, crack open another beer and keep doing my thing. New player / random player, if I'm not busy help out. If a guildie, make fun of them in /gchat for all to see, then help out!

• 37 posts
    November 8, 2018 9:10 AM PST

I'd help them out, always up for an adventure with someone... but I'd keep drinking that beer though. :D

• 2419 posts
    November 8, 2018 9:45 AM PST

Kilsin said:

Scenario - You just feel like chilling with a beer and fishing or crafting in Pantheon and someone asks you for help, what do you do? #PRF #MMORPG #MMO #communitymatters

You know, nearly all the answers to your questions start with "It depends", because it really does depend upon who is asking me to do something, how are they asking me to do it and what are they asking me to do.  If all those line up then I'm more than willing to bend over backwards to help out that person.  I really do like helping as it introduces me to, possibly, a new friend/acquaintenance or even a future guildmate.

• 239 posts
    November 8, 2018 9:58 AM PST
    Are you talking about in game or RL? Cause that is the only time I help is when my character is working on his alchohol tolerance. Makes it the.most fun to show up and chug 10 beers and ask what he needs you to do.
    • 153 posts
    November 8, 2018 10:26 AM PST

SoWplz said: Are you talking about in game or RL? Cause that is the only time I help is when my character is working on his alchohol tolerance. Makes it the.most fun to show up and chug 10 beers and ask what he needs you to do.

really dude he said in pantheon XD haha crack me up

• 627 posts
    November 8, 2018 10:28 AM PST
    Shhh you are scaring ma fishes..
    • 1404 posts
    November 8, 2018 10:58 AM PST

Kilsin said:

Help

• 200 posts
    November 8, 2018 1:34 PM PST
    Help. While drinking my beer.
    • 470 posts
    November 8, 2018 2:18 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Most of the time I'll usually help. But life is weird and sometimes I may have had a bad day, something may have just put me in a rare foul mood, or something might be bugging me and I just want to chill in my favorite MMO and do a little crafting or something. At this point I will probably hop on an alt that I make solely for that purpose. Those alts (or more specifically a single alt) are usually not guilded and I use them for chilling, crafting, and maybe just casual grouping. These alts are also a good way to meet prospected guild apps to see how they behave in a group without knowing who is there from the guild. ;) This is why I vehemently dislike account names over character names. It makes that absolutely impossible, even with the "Appear Invisible" option.

All in all, I will help folks out if they ask. But sometimes, ya just want to log on and have some quiet time. 

This post was edited by Kratuk at November 8, 2018 2:20 PM PST
    • 363 posts
    November 8, 2018 3:21 PM PST

I rarely drink, but I do parttake in other forms of relaxation. I just don't do either when playing videos games. 

• 1281 posts
    November 8, 2018 4:21 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Depends on who it is and how I am feeling. If it's a friend or a guildie, I'm in. If it's some random stranger, it will depend.

• 752 posts
    November 8, 2018 6:23 PM PST

I would totally drop what im doing and attempt to help. Depending on my characters AT and my own personal AT. But ya helping others is more fun than fishing.

• 644 posts
    November 8, 2018 7:19 PM PST

Help them.

They are probably better company than the fishes

• 107 posts
    November 8, 2018 7:27 PM PST

Riqq said:

i wonder how many beers kilsin was in, when he decided to fish for responses -_-.

Fixed :)

P.S. If they need help carrying a keg of brew, I could certainly help lighten the load.