Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Mobile Features?

• 1281 posts
    October 16, 2019 1:45 PM PDT

Porygon said:

Discord pretty much makes chat apps obsolete.

Pretty much everyone uses discord now.

Not a fan of Discord for actual in-game stuff....  Too many petty wanna-be dictators run Discord servers/channels.

• 223 posts
    October 16, 2019 6:07 PM PDT

It should be something nice for the future, personally I like to do my stuff while im playing and engaged.

• 239 posts
    October 17, 2019 9:25 AM PDT
    I'm not a big tech guy, but I would assume this chat would still go through VRs database for logging chat and text?
    I could see where you want to stay informed with your character with bank items, gear..etc. I have even previously posted would love if you could see up to date equipment and stats, show off to friend outside of the game.
    Chatting in game i would be on the fence about. As mentioned before there are many 3rd party platforms that accommodate that for players.
    • 74 posts
    October 17, 2019 10:40 AM PDT

No. Absolutely not.

We've been asking for a throwback MMO that harkens back to the golden age of MMO's, and people want to poison it before it's even born with modern features that kill the RPG experience. Disgraceful.

No!

• 107 posts
    October 18, 2019 7:37 AM PDT

I can take it or leave it, really. I don't feel that having an app is absolutely necessary, but I can also appreciate the use of it. It could make for an interesting way of communicating with guildies and friends who are in game while I'm at work. Could be useful for guild leaders in that respect. Maybe add some guild managing tools and what not.

This post was edited by Aanwenae at October 18, 2019 7:43 AM PDT
    • 5 posts
    November 6, 2019 6:53 PM PST
    I would love to see mobile features. I think it is something that could be a nice evolutionnal step. I have no interest in playing strictly mobile mmorpg, but I think there is no reason mobile can not be incorporated to enhance the PC mmorpg. Some features I would like to see are:

1. Guild features - chat, DKP, etc.
    2. Crafting
    3. Harvesting

1.Guild features would be nice to see who is online and to communicate occasionally while offline. I know most people use discord and other sites, but it would be nice to have an official way to communicate and do a few other guild features offline.

2.Crafting. I always have had a hard time balancing the use of my ingame play time. I often neglected crafting because there was always a group to join, quest to do, or raid that took up a majority of my playtime. Having the ability to craft while I have a few spare moments throughout the day would be actually very convenient. It would also add to the inherently addictive nature of the game, by allowing you to stay connected while away from keyboard so ro speak.

3.Harvesting would be a bit more controversial and most likely not be something that would be easy to implement and balanced. I would imagine it to be like a mini game where you have rare chance to get rare material, but quite often just get common.