Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What do you prefer?

• 1785 posts
    June 6, 2018 12:01 AM PDT

Kalok said:

Venjenz said:

muscoby said:

My instinct is that everyone I see playing a game is a guy in real life. Unless I know that person in real life as a girl I assume everyone is a guy.

MMORPG = Many Men Online Role Playing Girls.

Welcome to the Internet.....  Where the men are men....  And so are the women.  heheheheh

I always laugh when I hear that.

BUT I don't think it's true anymore.

Over 50% of my FFXIV guild are RL women.  Seriously, they outnumber the guys.  And while the bulk of the ladies are playing with their boyfriends/husbands (who are also in the guild), there are several that play on their own - either they're single, or their boyfriends don't play this game with them.

To be honest, I really hope Pantheon can be successful with female MMORPG gamers.  Because they're out there.  And there are a LOT more of them than us guys tend to realize.

• 346 posts
    June 6, 2018 6:29 AM PDT

I'm the guy that not only plays a male character in game but I also do my best to make the character look as close to me as possible in body and in face. That and there's the stigma that most in-game females were played by guys as a means to win favor with the poor saps. Wood Elf Druid females were renown for that in EQ1.

Then there's a subconscious chauvinism with me and others that I myself only noticed later. If playing a female character, the character itself just feels less impressive.

This post was edited by Janus at June 6, 2018 6:30 AM PDT
    • 2138 posts
    June 6, 2018 6:56 AM PDT

I stick to my gender. I like the aspect of having an idealized self and the things I am putting her/it through. Kind of like an interactive or advanced form of "arm-chair travelling".

• 432 posts
    June 6, 2018 9:05 AM PDT

My main and most alts are and have always been male .

However if I have several alts I sometimes try out a female character mainly for the change of looks or to try out a race I have never played .

For instance in EQ I had a Troll Shaman female and a Dark Elf SK female . I think they never got above 30 but on occasion it was fun to role play them especially the Troll female .

• 111 posts
    June 6, 2018 9:22 AM PDT

i stick to my gender too.

• 13 posts
    June 6, 2018 1:28 PM PDT

I am Male but enjoy playing both or even nonsex toons and I love to RP so I will take on the personality of the race and sex of my toon my wife plays with me and there are just time we get a good laugh of how we play our toons of the opposite sex and races and even better when I get in game marriage proposals 

Tamayona

• 769 posts
    June 6, 2018 3:43 PM PDT

Deadshade said:

For instance in EQ I had a Troll Shaman female and a Dark Elf SK female . I think they never got above 30 but on occasion it was fun to role play them especially the Troll female .

Y'know, I forgot that I did this same thing. There was just something fun about roleplaying as a Troll woman and winking at everybody. 

• 52 posts
    June 10, 2018 10:14 AM PDT

Primary character is always a female elf (Dark Elves are the master race FYI) and alts of other races/classes are always female too. Yes I am one of those men who always play female toons in MMO's (or any game given the chance). Rationale: If I am going to drop a good chunk of my time into playing a game, I want a pleasing avatar/character to look at (always play 3rd person in MMO's).  :)  <3