Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Are you a planner?

• 3016 posts
    May 25, 2018 12:42 PM PDT

I tend to go with the flow,  sometimes depends what my guild is doing..or if I have harvesting to do,  for a crafting session, other than that,  I'm up for whatever happens. :)

• 432 posts
    May 25, 2018 12:50 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Do you plan out your gaming sessions in advance or do you just log in and go with whatever you feel like at the time? #PRF #MMORPG #MMO #communitymatters

Nice I have some time to visit the forums today. Rare indeed. In regards to gaming sessions it goes back and forth. Sometimes at work or while driving home I think of things I want to do in the game and it will make me log in with purpose. Other times I log in just to see what will happen. Even if that something turns out to be running in circles while chatting.

-Todd

• 294 posts
    May 25, 2018 1:32 PM PDT

I love to be a planner, if the game dynamics promote the idea.

To sit and stew over thoughts and strategies makes me tick. 

One thought will boil in my head all day sometimes. It makes the work day either go by like lightning or draaag like heck antcipating the moment when I get home, crack the circuit on, fire up the computer and go live to try out my grand, or ill concieved idea.

Thats gaming !!!

• 752 posts
    May 25, 2018 2:09 PM PDT

It kinda depends on the previous gaming session. So i guess if i ended with nothing going on i will go with the flow, but if i ended in the middle of a quest i am going to want to finish that up. But i have been known to delay quests if a really good group is available, or if it is raid night. 

• 1303 posts
    May 25, 2018 2:51 PM PDT

I almost always plan things. I set goals, I research areas/items/spells/quests that I want to pursue, and I plot out a course around the world that will give me the highest probability of accomplishing more than one thing at a time. It's one of the things I miss most about MMO's these days that require you to follow a prescribed path. What's the point in researching or planning when the game guides you thru everything? 

• 76 posts
    May 25, 2018 8:19 PM PDT

Im typically someone that plans my sessions in advance, if one plan doesn’t work though I always have a plan b or c. Such as log in to get a few exp or a kill. If I can’t do that I will craft, and lastly Ill just listen to music and talk to my guild.

• 168 posts
    May 25, 2018 8:31 PM PDT

Plan it out. Such as gathering raw materials and craft potions for the next days raid. Someone asks for some help aquiring pelts (or whatever) so I plan on helping the guildy (sometimes not a guildy) with farming them up because I can. I plan on organizing my bank or farming enough coin to buy the next furnishing for the house. Previous games that had dailies; do the dailies (which gets old and caused me to leave more than a few games). Even in exploration I plan on exposing 50% of a zone or doing a dungeon run.

I do the planning a few hours to a day before. Doesn't mean I stick to the plan though, ... stuff sometimes comes up. Requests for help etc or being on a PvP server and a glass cannon means you suffer annoying 1 shotting stealthers that can ruin the best laid plans.