Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Human Nature, Economics, and Game Design

• 2055 posts
    May 25, 2018 10:57 AM PDT

Dubah said:

1) What is vox pupuli? Can we stop using these big words that the general population doesn't understand? Is this a video game forum or a rocket science forum? 

2) Game developers listening to their consumers, and governemnt listening to their population, same exact thing, different levels.

1)

When sitting at a computer with an internet connection and encountering a word or phrase you don't understand,

[phrase I don't understand] + Google search = Now I understand the phrase

and it takes less time than it took to post a complaint about not understanding the phrase.

Google is your friend.

(also, just because you don't understand it doesn't mean the general population doesn't understand it)

2)

Assuming you live in a western, democratic nation, the difference between a government's relationship to it's citizens and the relationship between a for-profit corporation and it's potential customers is vast. Your claim is fundamentally mistaken. I'm not going to take the time it would require to even begin to address the differences, but if you don't believe me then find the wisest person you know & trust and ask them about it.

• 3016 posts
    May 25, 2018 12:19 PM PDT

Luckily we aren't all clones or joined at the hip..that would be pretty boring.

Hence we have a variety of opinions,  and attitudes towards things.  If anyone is in doubt about how Pantheon would be,  I would suggest..that the FAQ that the developers took some time to provide us,  will clue us all in as to how Pantheon will be.  The Devs read our comments from time to time,  and they take new ideas under consideration,   but please remember ..they do have an overall picture of how Pantheon will be at release.  :)         https://www.pantheonmmo.com/game/faqs/ 

Also :    What is vox pupuli? Can we stop using these big words that the general population doesn't understand? Is this a video game forum or a rocket science forum? - end quote      I do believe Vox populi means  "voice of the people".   Think its a latin term.  But just to be sure I'll look it up.  :)       

Vox populi (/ˈvɒks ˈpɒpjuːli/, /-laɪ/ VOKS POP-ew-lee, -lye) is a Latin phrase that literally means "voice of the people". It is used in English in the meaning "the opinion of the majority of the people". In journalism, a vox pop, an abbreviation of "vox populi", is an interview with members of the public.

Cana

This post was edited by CanadinaXegony at May 25, 2018 12:25 PM PDT
    • 151 posts
    May 25, 2018 12:51 PM PDT
    I deleted the words I was gonna post because they came out uncivilized for this companies forum.