Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Collectibles

• 107 posts
    May 19, 2018 7:04 PM PDT
    Hey I know these are usually things that come out later in MMOs but I was wondering if there would be any plans for some sort of collectibles games. I know most here will say they don't care but when I think back to WoW the only thing that really brought me back was my massive battle pet collection.

If nothing is in the works I would actually love to see it happen and would love to propose a type of collectible I would find interesting.

WoW did the Pokemon knockoff battle pets and card games have been done before. Wildstar dropped housing items for their housing plots. I however would like to see a very new one. Miniatures collections.

I'm an avid wargamer and skirmish player and I play things like Kings of War. I think collecting miniatures is great for a mini game and you could even put the tables you play on in inns where the inn will hold a tournament once a month with some miniatures prizes. There is nothing like a good reason to be in the inn and I know a lot of people like collecting like I do. Plus they are excellent gold sinks to stabilize the economy of a game.

Is anyone else interested in this like me?
    • 93 posts
    May 19, 2018 8:40 PM PDT

I sure hope there will be "shinies" (i.e. collectibles) in Pantheon.  I am always gung-ho about completing them all.  I find it to be a fun mini-game within the real game and a great way to pass the time when you can't get a group or don't feel like crafting, etc.

• 67 posts
    May 20, 2018 12:07 AM PDT

There is already an existing thread. I know, stupid search function :P

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/4654/shiny-collections/view/page/2

• 107 posts
    May 20, 2018 5:20 AM PDT

That thread it about collecting things like books. Im talking about collectible items for a minigame.

• 1785 posts
    May 20, 2018 6:34 AM PDT

I think it falls into the same vein.  That said, I'm all for collectibles, whether for housing, minigame, or otherwise :)

• 3852 posts
    May 20, 2018 7:20 AM PDT

It has been mentioned in many threads but I haven't looked to see if any are devoted especially to shinies. A ...certain poster ...might go after me for camp stealing.

Collectibles might have been my favorite part of EQ2 and I hope we get them. But without the large xp bonuses that let you skip level after level by turning in sets of collectibles.

Titles are fine. Bonuses to the chance of spotting collectibles based on success with other collectibles. fine. Bonuses to perception (if Pantheon provides for such bonuses) fine. But not significant xp please.

• 107 posts
    May 20, 2018 8:56 AM PDT
    I like the idea of these things being separate in that they don't give you exp. The cool thing about collectable miniature games is that you can collect multiple of the same mini and it is still significant. It makes for excellent gold sinks when the amount of gold in the game starts to get out of control. The miniature games can also be very balanced as each unit of models has a point cost and you play a game of say1,000 points. Sure you could take a high cost dragon but the enemy could take 5 small units for that price. I think it would bean excellent mini game that hasn't been done before.
    • 21 posts
    May 21, 2018 3:55 PM PDT

I don't think I want a collectibles mini game like EQ2 had where it was it's own minigame, but rather quests where collecting is an aspect (or the sole aspect) and have story content that makes sense and feels rewarding. I remember in EQ1 there was the collection quest for the Coral Ring. I did it about 100 times with my druid to make money back when I was low level and poor. lol 

They could do something a lot more "epic" than that and I'd love it. A worldwide collecting quest for a travel-effect item, like Jboots (run speed enhancing boots). Maybe even time lock parts of it so you have to be fast and possibly enlist the help of transport classes (if you aren't one).

Holiday events are great for this stuff, too. 

This post was edited by Dunlen at May 21, 2018 3:56 PM PDT