Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

May Newsletter Convo.

• 202 posts
    May 17, 2018 8:54 PM PDT

So here I am posting Pics of things I like from the description and some questionable... questions??? on the others. Ill try my best to keep everything sorted by class. I will not be covering the Monk as the skills seem pretty straight forward but anyone else is welcomed to adding the monk in; in the post.

So I am going to start with the Rogue.

WAIT WUUT? Soooooo I am guessing there is going to be terrain of which only smaller characters or specialized classes such as the rogue can climb? Also how will this work? Will this be just a walk to the edge of the cliff and press the button or do you need to find a nearby boulder to support the rope? How long is the rope? Does length / distance matter? will encoumbered players be able to climb or will they just try to climb but fail to do so?

I aboslutely love the Idea of a rogue being able to sneak around and get ontop of a ledge and just drop down onto a boss as long as he/she is not noticed even if the rest of the party is pre-ocupied with the creature.

How will this work? Some sort of Aiming reticule will show up?

So now off to the Ranger, and its adorable creatures and awesome arrow stuff.

THIS SOUNDS SOOO ADORABLLLEEEEEE!!!!

So does these creatures just magically appear out of thin air? Are they summoned? or are they limited to outdoors such as the Lay of the Land Hawk Scout?

Once again, is this limited to outdoors? How far will they carry you? What happens when you for instace is shot by an arrow for flying over an enemy encampment?

I feel like these will come in handy QUITE often.... 

This post was edited by Tootiredtocare at May 17, 2018 8:54 PM PDT
    • 390 posts
    May 17, 2018 10:50 PM PDT

Will Flare pull mobs or can we use it to show a group of mobs more clearly before pulling? 

glass arrow sounds awesome. !!!!

Can I re tame my pet over and over and keep it for long periods of time?!? 

i wish Ranger would have been The PET class in pantheon instead a caster like EQ Mage.  oh well. all good. I am still making a ranger! 

This post was edited by Flapp at May 17, 2018 11:42 PM PDT
    • 67 posts
    May 17, 2018 10:59 PM PDT

Be patient and let you surprise, if u wanna discover Pantheon. :)

• 839 posts
    May 17, 2018 11:39 PM PDT

Silent Arrow!! Nice little bit of FPSish added game play! love it

• 2886 posts
    May 18, 2018 3:07 AM PDT

LeonSanborn said:

WAIT WUUT? Soooooo I am guessing there is going to be terrain of which only smaller characters or specialized classes such as the rogue can climb? Also how will this work? Will this be just a walk to the edge of the cliff and press the button or do you need to find a nearby boulder to support the rope? How long is the rope? Does length / distance matter? will encoumbered players be able to climb or will they just try to climb but fail to do so?

I suggest you go back and watching the climbing segment of the Dec 2016 stream: 02:54:14 The climbing skill

Climbing is a skill that everyone has, but must be leveled up, as some rock faces will require a higher climbing skill to ascend. They mentioned that there would be some abilities (such as rope) that allow players to help other players climb. That way, if the Rogue in your group has a higher Climbing skill level than the rest of the group, they can still stick together. More details to come with testing I'm sure.

• 2886 posts
    May 18, 2018 3:12 AM PDT

Flapp said:

Will Flare pull mobs or can we use it to show a group of mobs more clearly before pulling? 

This is a good question. I'd like to think that intelligent mobs would investigate the flare if they see it, but might not necessarily know where it came from and therefore not aggro. But it could be used to illuminate and almost act as a lure for nearby mobs that are curious.

What I'm wondering is whether or not other mobs will be able to hear that the Warning Shot has been triggered.

Flapp said:

Can I re tame my pet over and over and keep it for long periods of time?!? 

Which ability are you talking about? It's important to note that for Kaylen's Command, you do not actually gain control of the animal. It just ends combat and makes it non-aggressive toward you for a short period of time.

This post was edited by Bazgrim at May 18, 2018 3:14 AM PDT
    • 25 posts
    May 18, 2018 4:07 AM PDT

I saw Flare as more of a 'as you engage combat' skill that lets your team avoid the need for someone to stand around with a torch. 

From what I read of the skills it indicates there is no persistent pet at all, simply abilities that call upon your friends in the wild to aid you briefly and disappear.

• 9 posts
    May 18, 2018 9:30 AM PDT

I can't wait to see what the older class reveals look like with the new format.  Getting to see multiple abilities and what they do.  Losing the "Iconic Ability" listing and seeing the races that can go with each class.  (Yes I know they have the graph set up but seeing it on the class pages looks nice).  

These class pages look awesome, and it helps make the game seem one step closer to release.  I can't wait to hear/see more about each and every class.  

• 595 posts
    May 18, 2018 10:00 AM PDT

Bazgrim said:

LeonSanborn said:

I suggest you go back and watching the climbing segment of the Dec 2016 stream: 02:54:14 The climbing skill

Climbing is a skill that everyone has, but must be leveled up, as some rock faces will require a higher climbing skill to ascend. They mentioned that there would be some abilities (such as rope) that allow players to help other players climb. That way, if the Rogue in your group has a higher Climbing skill level than the rest of the group, they can still stick together. More details to come with testing I'm sure.

The first thing that came to mind for me was the /rope command from Vanguard.  This was a command which everyone had access to and would essentially simulate you lowering a rope to another player by teleporting you up to their location.  I can't remember the range, but it was very small - not meant to circumvent content but rather as a "oops" fix in the event a party member backed off a ledge, fell into some water, or (as happened quite often ><) they ended up stuck in the world somewhere.

I can't speak to whether the /rope feature was always intended to be in the game or if it was added in the late stages because the devs were aware of issue that could arise due to the game being rushed.  In either case, I found it extremely useful and loved the feature.  Pretty excited to see it return, even if it's limited to the Rogue.

• 1404 posts
    May 18, 2018 1:08 PM PDT

Hokanu said:

Silent Arrow!! Nice little bit of FPSish added game play! love it

Yes, that caught my eye as well.

[Blockquote](Manually Aimed. If in 3rd person view, activating this ability will move the camera into an over-the-shoulder perspective. 1st person view will not be affected.)[/Blockquote]

I hope to see a lot more of this used. At least one for each class, if not several for each class.

This post was edited by Zorkon at May 18, 2018 1:09 PM PDT
    • 752 posts
    May 18, 2018 4:13 PM PDT

I never liked FPS so i am weary of this. But i do appreciate being granted a bonus for accuracy. And i would like to be able to place/shoot my stuff where i want it to go even if i have to look straight down or it takes me 2 years. I am really curious how this will develop.

• 1860 posts
    May 18, 2018 4:58 PM PDT
    I expected questions directed at Convo. But these aren't wizard questions. Is it strange that I don't think of "Convo" as an abbreviation for conversation anymore?