Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Broke my F5 key

• 441 posts
    May 9, 2018 6:16 AM PDT

(((looks up from slamming his haed on his F5 key))) Anyone got some Pantheon news (((scratches his arms))) I need it bad? Did you hear class info maybe coming soon. (((looks twitchy))) I will take fake news at this point.

QUESTION: What do you hope will be in the May news letter?

• 2886 posts
    May 9, 2018 6:39 AM PDT

FYI, for the sake of your keyboard, last I heard, they're shooting to release the May newsletter on the 16th. It should be a good one :)

• 441 posts
    May 9, 2018 6:46 AM PDT

Thanks for saving my keyboard. I really hope there is some Bard info =-)

• 3852 posts
    May 9, 2018 6:49 AM PDT

Rumor has it that only animal races can be bards. 

The head of development was a huge fan of Bard's Tail.

• 441 posts
    May 9, 2018 6:50 AM PDT

dorotea said:

I also hear they are taking Ogers in a new direction, they will be updated to be shorter then Gnomes. 

• 346 posts
    May 9, 2018 6:53 AM PDT

dorotea said:

Humans is a stretch but I can see Halflings, and Dwarves being animals

This post was edited by Janus at May 9, 2018 6:56 AM PDT
    • 319 posts
    May 9, 2018 7:45 AM PDT

I am really looking for some info on the remaining classes that have not been given any description on the class page. I have stopped getting excited about alpha starting and will settle for some info on classes etc. Wen alpha starts it starts. looks like all the "experts" who predicted a 3 month pre-alpha were a bit off. I cannot see alpha starting without a full compliment of classes to test. So my hopes for may newsletter is info based and not more twitches that only get me upset that I could not afford pre-alpha access.

• 1479 posts
    May 9, 2018 8:19 AM PDT

Dang, I was so sure it would be out the second wednesday of the month.

I shouldn't call myself nostradamus.

• 3016 posts
    May 9, 2018 9:15 AM PDT

dorotea said:

Bards have tails or The Bard's Tale? :P

he Bard's Tale (1985 video game)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Bard's Tale Bard's Tale Box Cover.jpg
    Cover art
    Developer(s) Interplay Productions Publisher(s) Electronic ArtsAriolasoft(Europe) Designer(s) Michael Cranford Series The Bard's Tale Platform(s) AmigaAmstrad CPCApple IIApple IIGSMacintoshAtari STCommodore 64MS-DOSNESZX SpectrumNEC PC-9801 Release 1985 - 1991 Genre(s) Role-playing Mode(s) Single-player

Tales of the Unknown: Volume I, better known by its subtitle The Bard's Tale, is a fantasy role-playing video game designed and programmed by Michael Cranford, produced by Interplay Productions in 1985 and distributed by Electronic Arts.[1] It spawned "The Bard's Tale" series of games and books.

The Bard's Tale was noteworthy among other role-playing computer games at the time for its unprecedented 3D graphics and partly animated character portraits. The concept of the Bard was also an innovation: "The Bard was author Michael Cranford's contribution to the genre, a character who casts spells by singing one of six tunes."[2]

It was originally released for the Apple II, and was also ported to the Commodore 64Apple IIgsZX SpectrumAmstrad CPCAmigaAtari STMS-DOSMacintosh, and NES platforms.

This post was edited by CanadinaXegony at May 9, 2018 9:17 AM PDT
    • 441 posts
    May 9, 2018 9:18 AM PDT

CanadinaXegony said:

dorotea said:

Bards have tails or The Bard's Tale? :P

he Bard's Tale (1985 video game)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Bard's Tale Bard's Tale Box Cover.jpg
    Cover art
    Developer(s) Interplay Productions Publisher(s) Electronic ArtsAriolasoft(Europe) Designer(s) Michael Cranford Series The Bard's Tale Platform(s) AmigaAmstrad CPCApple IIApple IIGSMacintoshAtari STCommodore 64MS-DOSNESZX SpectrumNEC PC-9801 Release 1985 - 1991 Genre(s) Role-playing Mode(s) Single-player

Tales of the Unknown: Volume I, better known by its subtitle The Bard's Tale, is a fantasy role-playing video game designed and programmed by Michael Cranford, produced by Interplay Productions in 1985 and distributed by Electronic Arts.[1] It spawned "The Bard's Tale" series of games and books.

The Bard's Tale was noteworthy among other role-playing computer games at the time for its unprecedented 3D graphics and partly animated character portraits. The concept of the Bard was also an innovation: "The Bard was author Michael Cranford's contribution to the genre, a character who casts spells by singing one of six tunes."[2]

It was originally released for the Apple II, and was also ported to the Commodore 64Apple IIgsZX SpectrumAmstrad CPCAmigaAtari STMS-DOSMacintosh, and NES platforms.

Bards Tale is one of my fav series =-) Just proves all things Bard are awesome =-)

• 595 posts
    May 9, 2018 9:22 AM PDT

Isaya said:

Well I'm hoping for the start of cycle of character reveals with additional class information (even for the classes which have been revealed).  I think Dread Lord is probably the class I would most like revealed, with Druid a close second.  There are also a number of game mechanics and systems which we've not heard anything about for a while, such as mana color.  And I'm always excited to see new zones.

But if I were to make a guess, I would say that we're going to get the Ranger reveal this month (May 2018).  Joppa has made a few comments in the recent streams alluding to the Ranger, so it seems he maybe be on the verge of dropping some beans.

• 3852 posts
    May 9, 2018 10:32 AM PDT

Bard's Tale was a definite favorite when it came out. The sequel ....less so.

What I would like to see in the newsletter is an announcement of alpha testing or some other progress - I care more about the timing of the eventual release than the details since I trust VR for the details. Plus any details may change perhaps dramatically in the course of alpha and beta. Announcement of progress, of course, is exceedingly unlikely so my breath I am not holding. For the record I agree that premature announcements are *not* good for the game so my comments are neither a request nor a complaint but if I did find a lamp with a genie in it and my wish was limited to Pantheon .....

Out of the classes shown on the chart there are only 14 that I would be eager to play. And most are likely to work in fairly obvious ways although some nice clever variations on the traditional use of warrior, cleric, wizard etc. are likely. I will go with druid as my preference for a reveal, mostly because there are so many different ways to position a druid. 

• 1404 posts
    May 9, 2018 11:29 AM PDT

Off topic:

Are you all aware there is a Bard's Tale Android Game?

• 441 posts
    May 9, 2018 11:31 AM PDT

Zorkon said:

Off topic:

It didnt start there but I do play it on my Android phone now =-)

• 3016 posts
    May 9, 2018 5:36 PM PDT

Zorkon said:

Off topic:

Really?  I have an android tablet..is it on the Google Play store?   I'll take a look. :) @ Dorotea,  I am hoping they take us on a journey underwater,  I am dying to see Dark Myr (any class) in action. :)  I have already chosen which class ..enchanter.   Will be a learning curve, have never played enchanter before.    Gnome wizard as main of course. :)

This post was edited by CanadinaXegony at May 9, 2018 5:40 PM PDT
    • 752 posts
    May 10, 2018 2:38 PM PDT

I hope they have class descriptions ready. I feel incomplete only having rogue, cleric, and shammy. 

• 9115 posts
    May 10, 2018 5:01 PM PDT

kreed99 said:

I hope they have class descriptions ready. I feel incomplete only having rogue, cleric, and shammy. 

;)

• 839 posts
    May 10, 2018 5:29 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

kreed99 said:

;)

That looks like a good wink!

• 2886 posts
    May 11, 2018 3:15 AM PDT

Hokanu said:

Kilsin said:

kreed99 said:

;)

Maybe he was just winking because kreed forgot to include Monk lol :P

This post was edited by Bazgrim at May 11, 2018 3:15 AM PDT
    • 839 posts
    May 11, 2018 3:56 AM PDT

Bazgrim said:

Hokanu said:

Kilsin said:

kreed99 said:

;)

Maybe he was just winking because kreed forgot to include Monk lol :P

Haha! Vying for the crusher of our hopes and dreams title aren't you Baz! :)

This post was edited by Hokanu at May 11, 2018 3:59 AM PDT
    • 1019 posts
    May 11, 2018 10:13 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

kreed99 said:

;)

Bard class confirmed!!!

• 441 posts
    May 16, 2018 12:19 PM PDT

Bazgrim said:

FYI, for the sake of your keyboard, last I heard, they're shooting to release the May newsletter on the 16th. It should be a good one :)

(((goes back to spamming F5)))

• 1479 posts
    May 16, 2018 12:26 PM PDT
    • 441 posts
    May 16, 2018 1:00 PM PDT

MauvaisOeil said:

Please nanfoodle, spare your F5 key : http://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/8586/delayed-may-newsletter

Thanks =-)

• 2138 posts
    May 16, 2018 1:43 PM PDT

Nanfoodle said:

I liked the format of the last newsletter, where they went into detail of a race, with all the racial art and "look" the bonus was the ratkin monster overview.

I hope we see a new race or two. I would save the classes for other newletters, that way we can pour over the race/class chart and discuss and get into more detail like how support classes should have some CC or the like, non-standard groups, why do rogues get all the love , sort of thing.