Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Community: get out there!

• 1479 posts
    April 3, 2018 11:54 PM PDT

Naim said:

i tell everyone that will listen, but then i say: "pre-alpha" and "likely 1.5 - 2 years away" and they are like: "hell, tell me about it in 2 years then, i'll forget all about it by then" 

so, you got me and maybe my brother that will play. i can't convince the young ones to care... all the young ones i talk to are like: WoW Vanilla will be out by then. won't have time for Pantheon

they want wow/Wilstar type action combat and instances because they need instant gratification and personal "Me" loot. 

"participation trophy or i'm not playing" ....sigh

Heh, and they will realize that like P99, Vanilla wow with no surprise is just an old schemed farm :/ with most spec non viable (BC era was really better on class/spec balance, withouth beeing nullifying).

I got on pantheon by some absurd chance, roaming on Woody hern's forum to check if he was allright during a long unwarned one year comic pause, I just never go to his forums usually. And bam, I'm here.

Now I feel like one of Jehova's witnesses, going door to door "Do you know about Pantheon the savior ?". But clearly people are unreceptive to a far scheduled game, non friendly to complete newbies (I know people that are newbies after 2 years straight over a MMO, I don't know what they are doing...) and non translated with french exclusive servers. For some odd reason, most french I know are extremely reclusive in language and prefer to miss a great game than kick their own butt learning/speaking english. Fortunately, that never stopped me playing EQ1 when I was 15 and now my english is fluent, even if sometimes inequal depending on my tiredness.

• 257 posts
    April 4, 2018 7:53 AM PDT

In this stage of the game I think it really depends on their performance at gaming events (like PAX East). If they like what they see you might see some major coverage (like Rooster Teeth). Get on Glitch Please and the hype will be unreal.

• 613 posts
    April 4, 2018 9:55 AM PDT

Naim said:

they want wow/Wilstar type action combat and instances because they need instant gratification and personal "Me" loot. 

Theme Park games....  shallow and perfect for the Ritalin Gamers out there.  There are many...sad to say.   I also think word of mouth is starting to gain more and more ground.  Its' now an open discussion in other games like P99 and EQ circles I am part of.

We just need to keep talking and supporting the VR team as much as we can.

Ox 

• 109 posts
    April 4, 2018 10:35 PM PDT

Oxillion said:

Naim said:

Theme Park games....  shallow and perfect for the Ritalin Gamers out there.  There are many...sad to say.   I also think word of mouth is starting to gain more and more ground.  Its' now an open discussion in other games like P99 and EQ circles I am part of.

Ox 

You should see my Facebook and twitter feeds, I have posted a million VR, Pantheon things.  Every person i know, knows all other games are dead to me the day i get to log into Pantheon.

• 257 posts
    April 6, 2018 3:31 PM PDT

Naim said:

Oxillion said:

Naim said:

Ox 

You should see my Facebook and twitter feeds, I have posted a million VR, Pantheon things.  Every person i know, knows all other games are dead to me the day i get to log into Pantheon.

I understand you are excited for Pantheon... but Red Dead Redemption and Super Smash Bros are on the horizon. I would put an asterik on that last statement lol.

• 441 posts
    April 6, 2018 6:06 PM PDT
    It VR needs to open a swag shop. YouTubers do it to make a tone of cash and I would love to buy a hat, shirt, coffee mug etc.
    • 139 posts
    April 7, 2018 7:55 AM PDT

I have a blog  I recently started. It's all about mmorpgs. I'll post more Pantheon info over time. I'll try and do my part for the community.

https://www.mmoregen.com/

This post was edited by Doford at April 7, 2018 7:56 AM PDT
    • 2886 posts
    April 8, 2018 3:58 PM PDT

Nanfoodle said: It VR needs to open a swag shop. YouTubers do it to make a tone of cash and I would love to buy a hat, shirt, coffee mug etc.

They've said they'll do that when it makes sense to. Developing the game is more important of course. :)

• 801 posts
    April 9, 2018 5:53 AM PDT

vjek said:

Sorte said:

I too have no idea what an EA statement is.
    Anyone care to explain? :)

From the context, I would say Early Access.  It's how some of the public perceives this "pre-alpha".. stuff, if reddit is any indication.

I mean, I don't blame them.  People paid, they're testing / playing.  To some, that's the Early Access deal, regardless of the intent.

Thanks Bud for clearing that up. Yes Early Access, EA electronic arts isnt a thing now, many people use EA as the Early Access term these days. I pulled myself into it too.

Early Access has been turning into a Cash Cow for some years. The same can be said about Kickstarter to a degree. Yes you invest in the hopes it goes to light, but the way steam has been handling it, so many have just walked away only to cash in first. Steam states you should have enough funding before going to Early Access. Yet some of the smaller indie devs just hash out something but never really update much. Some even to the degree, stating out of cash...

This is off topic, but it is clearly a reason why i wont hype people up. I do mention it all the time, for people to check out but never will i hype up games again... Especially at this Sea of Thieves issue.... Gawd help us in this new generation..... Glad VR is moving to something better.

• 151 posts
    April 9, 2018 8:09 AM PDT
    I stopped talking about the game because of not even a vague timeline is hinted about. Its fine if preA3 goes into 2019 but I live in the real world where schedules, effort, and money do matter.
    • 2886 posts
    April 9, 2018 8:28 AM PDT

Hyperium said: I stopped talking about the game because of not even a vague timeline is hinted about. Its fine if preA3 goes into 2019 but I live in the real world where schedules, effort, and money do matter.

As of PAX, the vague timeline is that it should be in Alpha by the end of 2018 and Beta in 2019, provided it's ready.

This post was edited by Bazgrim at April 9, 2018 8:30 AM PDT
    • 151 posts
    April 9, 2018 8:38 AM PDT
    Thx Baz, vague or not, it's something to work with.