Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Setting up the in game economy for success.

• 338 posts
    February 5, 2018 5:14 AM PST

What if a maximum amount of Plat was set at the moment the servers went live ?

Half of this Plat would be initially generated and spread out to the in game vendors and banks.

The other half would be minted by the banks in waves over the course of time.

Only humanoid mobs that have had access to the economy in some way could drop the Plat that they have acquired. This way if you are farming only humanoids for cash drops at least you are taking faction hits along the way.

All other mobs would just drop crafting mats and value items that could be exchanged for Plat at vendors and banks based on how much they have in reserves.

As a store of wealth players may migrate to rare gems and items creating a peer to peer system of bartering.

In order to combat people just hoarding Plat; cash sinks like necessary vendor items, repairs, gambling, interest on credit, and taxes could be used.

I really don't like the idea of a near infinite amount of Plat that gets continually added to the server over time like games of the past.

Does in game economy really matter to you or is it a part of the game that you don't really pay much attention to ?

Thanks in advance,

Kiz~

• 2886 posts
    February 5, 2018 5:51 AM PST

I can tell this is an important topic to you because you actually started a very similar thread to this way back in 2015: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/1900/economy-keeping-plat-valuable and there was some good discussion there.

This post was edited by Bazgrim at February 5, 2018 5:51 AM PST
    • 557 posts
    February 5, 2018 7:16 AM PST

Thanks, Baz.

In that thread is something which has been bugging me for a long time.  This needs to be explicitly stated in the forum policy thread.  It may make Kilsin's life easier.

From Kilsin:

I prefer older threads being necroed/revived than having new ones started and information spread out across the forums as I am the one who collects it all and passes the important stuff onto the devs. If these were normal game forums I would implement a no necro rule and probably archive/remove a lot of old stuff but being development forums, I use a lot of this information to discuss the games development with the devs.

This post was edited by Celandor at February 5, 2018 7:19 AM PST