Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

How competitive are you?

• 258 posts
    February 26, 2018 2:18 PM PST

I'm competitive but I won't step on other people just to get ahead. I like a fast-paced grind and enjoying the fruits of hard work and dedication.

This post was edited by Kaen at February 27, 2018 6:40 PM PST
    • 2 posts
    February 27, 2018 4:41 PM PST

Flossie said:

I'm so competitive with video games that it's probably a borderline medical condition. When I played a Ranger on EQ2, nearly everyone knew me as the "best ranger on the server" I would join a group and people would be like "Oh good, we got all the DPS we need now" or "Good luck holding agro *insert tank's name here*" - I even had someone tell me that I should write a book on the class because when they were making a new ranger alt, they asked about the class in global chat, and got bombarded with "Go ask Flossie." replies. When I played a Brigand it was even worse, I had people sending me tells from different servers asking me about my spec, AA's, rotation, etc. This was also because I was in a Top 3 WW raiding guild when I played a Brigand. We won't even get started on PvP or FPS games, that's a whole 'nother realm of competition.

First off, it's such a treat to see and recognize people's names in a smaller community like this vs. WoW--I LOVE IT and can't wait!!!!

Secondly--I am definitely competitive when it comes to MMO's for sure--I love having fun and beating other guilds/people and that's easily my number one reason for playing MMOs--competing for first/fastest kills, most damage, best gear, etc, etc.  So, I actually fell out of my chair when I read this post today from Flossie.  Feels like Curious George has 100% convinced himself that he's King Kong.  I love your attitude Flossie, for real--I'm not attacking you at all--I'm just really confused at how your head got so far into the clouds?  I like you, again, I'm just really confused because this was you as "Ranger on EQ2" less then nine months ago doing less zonewide damage then tanks and utility classes...hardly godlike or worthy of you "writing a book on ranger dps" LOL as your posts would lead people to believe...

Calling you out here in love because that was one the most exaggerated posts I've read in a long time, but it was great for many laughs.  I truly hope we can play on the same server in Pantheon and that your bite is as strong as your bark in the post above.  CHEERS FOR COMPETITION in Pantheon!!  I can't wait to see how things unfold!

Mod Edit: Removed images based on another game.

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at February 28, 2018 6:18 PM PST
    • 363 posts
    February 28, 2018 10:15 AM PST

LMAO. Wow Ish, a year later and you still can't let it go. Way to take data out of context yet again, stay triggered my friend. Also, these are development forums, yet I hear you spent $5 just to get forum access and post that same old parse on here. Hope it made you feel better.

This post was edited by Flossie at February 28, 2018 10:16 AM PST
    • 2 posts
    February 28, 2018 3:28 PM PST

Flossie said:

LMAO. Wow Ish, a year later and you still can't let it go. Way to take data out of context yet again, stay triggered my friend. 

Why would I be triggered that you can't deliver on your boasts?  I'm not the one with egg all over my face touting that I'm God's gift to Terminus when that couldn't be further from the truth.

Flossie said:

Also, these are development forums, yet I hear you spent $5 just to get forum access and post that same old parse on here. Hope it made you feel better.

These are indeed development forums--and the OP is about "how competitive are you?" ---not "how big is your ego and how braggadocious can you possibly be?".  If you read my post, I posted about the things I'm competitive about.  You, on other hand just, just went on and on about how much a demigod you were.  I absolutely loved it, and it was the first post that stuck out to me that warranted a comment although I didn't pay $5 to do that--you heard wrong.  You look foolish and are already dragging 's name through the dirt-- I hope some of the other players in the guild can back up their bark with a decent bite, unlike you.  Looking forward to seeing y'all though!!!  Cheers =)

• 9115 posts
    February 28, 2018 3:38 PM PST

Let's keep it civil please folks, stay on topic or risk your posts being removed, there is no need to make it personal.

• 1 posts
    February 28, 2018 4:04 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Let's keep it civil please folks, stay on topic or risk your posts being removed, there is no need to make it personal.

You do realize that making the competition personal is what will make the competition meaningful in this game, right? 

• 9115 posts
    February 28, 2018 6:18 PM PST

Onra said:

Kilsin said:

You do realize that making the competition personal is what will make the competition meaningful in this game, right? 

In-game, for some guilds, yes, on the development forums, no. These are not your typical game forums, so the guidelines must be respected at all times and a general understanding that these forums are a tool for us to collect data, information, feedback, not for people to compete or have epeen matches via past gaming experiences.

• 2886 posts
    March 1, 2018 3:16 AM PST

Onra said:

Kilsin said:

Yes, but the thing to do in that case is to just take it to PMs. No need to air out dirty laundry. No one wants to see that.

• 690 posts
    March 1, 2018 6:19 AM PST

I usually aim to be the best at whatever parts of the game I personally consider balanced/fun.

If the pvp sucks, I couldn't care less if I'm bad at it. If it rocks, Then I definately want to get very good at it. 

In addition, if RL friends/family are playing a game with me, I have noticed that I tend to try and get powerful enough to help them out/show off a little bit=p

This post was edited by BeaverBiscuit at March 1, 2018 6:21 AM PST
    • 17 posts
    March 1, 2018 4:40 PM PST

I'm definitely a racer, hopped on newly released EQ servers with a buddy just to try that out. Also raced in WoW during new xpac release....Unfortunately I'm too old to stay awake for so many hours anymore and with kids now, it's just not possible...but if the opportunity knocked, I'll probably try haha. I also try to learn about and perfect every class, knowing about all the other classes are fun and can help me improve my own class as well, like how well they all synergize together.

• 2419 posts
    March 1, 2018 6:46 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Do you race to be the first at something, the best at your class or crafting profession or do you just enjoy games like Pantheon at your own leisurely pace? #PRF #MMORPG #MMO #communitymatters

I do not need to be first, but I do enjoy being near the front edge of experiencing content. Going places and facing off against the unknown (or the unknown to the overwhelming majority of the playerbase) is quite exciting and very rewarding.

• 44 posts
    March 1, 2018 7:58 PM PST

I find that I am much more competitive with my class then any other thing in a game. I have to be number one in healing or im not happy. Everything else is a distant second place.

• 137 posts
    March 2, 2018 2:54 PM PST
    Competition keeps the game interesting. I wouldn’t mind rolling on a pvp server, however, the tweaks they will make to each class to help “balance” them for this pvp server I’m not too fond of. Only due to the fact that the pve could possibly suffer by doing so.
    • 9115 posts
    March 2, 2018 4:22 PM PST

Wig said: Competition keeps the game interesting. I wouldn’t mind rolling on a pvp server, however, the tweaks they will make to each class to help “balance” them for this pvp server I’m not too fond of. Only due to the fact that the pve could possibly suffer by doing so.

We have been very clear in saying that PvE and PvP servers can be balanced independently without affecting each other, friend ;)

• 137 posts
    March 2, 2018 7:31 PM PST

I understand that. I’m saying the PVE on a PVP server will be affected due to PVP class balancing. Am I correct to assume this?

This post was edited by Feks at March 2, 2018 7:32 PM PST
    • 1479 posts
    March 3, 2018 7:03 AM PST

Wig said:

I understand that. I’m saying the PVE on a PVP server will be affected due to PVP class balancing. Am I correct to assume this?

I think they said somewhere that skills could also be balanced differently in pve and pvp, instead of pve / pvp servers. 

• 137 posts
    March 3, 2018 8:25 AM PST

MauvaisOeil said:

Wig said:

I think they said somewhere that skills could also be balanced differently in pve and pvp, instead of pve / pvp servers. 

If this is the case, that would be great news. I think it would be possible to have a spell cause two different outcomes. For example, a DoT spell that slows a target. Let’s say, if casted on a PvE target, or NPC, it will have the effect of causing 200 damage over time and slowing the targets movement speed by 50%. If this same spell were casted on another in game player, it will cause 100 damage over time and slow the movement speed by 25%. This would allow for proper PVP balancing without watering down PVE on a PVP server. I am the kind of player who loves world PVP but true love is min/maxing in PVE. So, if this is the case, I’ll be rolling on a PVP server yesssss

• 2886 posts
    March 3, 2018 9:53 AM PST

MauvaisOeil said:

Wig said:

This is correct. Brad touched on this wayyy back in June 2016 here: https://youtu.be/5oNVecHjiJI?t=2118

• 9115 posts
    March 3, 2018 3:24 PM PST

Bazgrim said:

MauvaisOeil said:

Wig said:

This is correct. Brad touched on this wayyy back in June 2016 here: https://youtu.be/5oNVecHjiJI?t=2118

Thanks Baz :)

• 27 posts
    March 3, 2018 9:46 PM PST

I level to maximum and, along the way, explore into areas that I haven't been before searching for loot. I'm pretty addicted when it comes to it so I spend hours behind the screen doing it. haha :D

• 72 posts
    March 3, 2018 9:59 PM PST

The one thing I love more than leveling is grouping with people that I always see in those zones. When you start a game from release and max it, you really get to know the few people in the zones you are in. These people, no matter what guilds they wind up joining (if you do not all wind up in the same one) are great cross guild friends that can lead to really fun co-guild endeavors. I admit I am biased since I have a lot of time to play. However, for me, it is the best time to forge game long alliances.