Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Set Items

This topic has been closed.
    • 17 posts
    January 28, 2018 1:58 AM PST

Have you guys considered this or planned to do this? I know some folks love them, some folks hate em! Set items are items that give you various extra stats or skills or "tiers" as you get more pieces of the gear set. Sometimes "sets" are 2 items sometimes there is an item for every slot before completing the set. Generally Set items have decent stats for their tier of retrieval and then get a bonus for each or a certain number of set items worn. An example would be, The Helm of awesomeness gives +2 armour and 15 atk, there is also The Breastplate of Awesomeness also with +2 armour and 15 atk. When worn together  they get a set bonus of +30 armour and on and on for each set piece etc. 

• 3852 posts
    January 28, 2018 7:54 AM PST

Sets do not necessarily give useful bonuses - sometimes they are designed to give a particular appearance. Although most of us do think of bonuses when we hear the word set.

We could have outfits that make us look like Egyptian Gods, for sxample. A Set set. An Isis set. Hmnnnn maybe not such a good idea.

• 258 posts
    January 28, 2018 2:58 PM PST

The matching appearance of set items (Lambent or Ravenscale, for example) is its own bonus. I'm not sure any extras are necessary. However, I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to the idea of some sets granting bonuses.

• 2886 posts
    January 29, 2018 4:58 AM PST

Kilsin discussed this at length here: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/5010/armor-set-cumulative-bonuses/view/page/1

This post was edited by Bazgrim at January 29, 2018 4:58 AM PST
    • 9115 posts
    January 29, 2018 5:17 PM PST

Bazgrim said:

Kilsin discussed this at length here: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/5010/armor-set-cumulative-bonuses/view/page/1

As Bazgrim kindly pointed out, we already have an answer for this and an active thread, so please join in on that discussion as this one will be closed as a duplicate.