Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

World Depth and Foraging

• 106 posts
    January 27, 2018 3:40 PM PST

Push button Foraging? or do we want to physically pick Barnicles from warf posts. gather mushrooms and berries. Climbing through a log in zelda 64 to get the sword and sheild was very memorable. there are many blacksmiths in everquest which is your favorite to visit? should each town have different places of worship to summon our corpses too? Which tavern in Eq is your favorite? Mine is runneye, cant get enuff  maggit pie, and pickold gofer. For an MMO i personally love tab target system, but for world interaction i sway toward 3d action platformer. Crouch, Duck, Sit, Lie down, Jump, front flip, backflip, dive, swim, yes, yes ,yes. But also let me climb and crawl through logs :P

This post was edited by munge at January 28, 2018 1:11 AM PST
    • 1281 posts
    January 27, 2018 4:06 PM PST

There's at least one blacksmith in Pantheon, because they mentioned him and showed everyone his location in one of the videos.  I, however, forget his name.

• 160 posts
    January 27, 2018 4:16 PM PST

Fatesmith Bastrin

• 160 posts
    January 27, 2018 4:20 PM PST

munge said:

Push button Foraging? or do we want to physically pick Barnicles from warf posts. gather mushrooms and berries. Climbing through a log in zelda 64 to get the sword and sheild was very memorable. there are many blacksmiths in everquest which is your favorite to visit? should each town have different places of worship to summon our corpses too? Which tavern in Eq is your favorite? Mine is runneye, cant get enuff  maggit pie, and pickold gofer. For an MMO i personally love tab target system, but for world interaction i sway toward 3d action platformer. Crouch, Duck, Sit, Lie down, Jump, front flip, backflip, dive, swim, yes, yes ,yes. But also let me climb and crawl through logs :P

No thanks to push button foraging. I'd prefer to have these things as ground spawns in the open world. It makes them more rare. It makes it more engaging to go collect them. Or more worthwhile to swing in on your way through to a known patch and fill your bags.

Favorite smith: my home smith in Kaladim.

Favorite bar? mmm.... probably the one in solusek's eye with the goblin barkeep.

• 1281 posts
    January 27, 2018 4:41 PM PST

Nuggie said:

Fatesmith Bastrin

Is that the one that was in the "hot area" in the cold/snow cave where they had to climb up?  That's the one I was talking about, not the guy in the "making of a city" video.

• 160 posts
    January 27, 2018 6:24 PM PST

it was the one in amberfate. near Malthyr's Colossi.

edit - not sure why my copy and paste didn't work. I think we see him from afar, so spelling might be off.

This post was edited by Nuggie at January 27, 2018 6:26 PM PST