Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Do You Sell or Hoard?

• 1479 posts
    January 11, 2018 3:11 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Ooh, these replies are more mixed than I thought they would be! :D

I guess that depends of "how much providing you are", I tend to be but not allways for greater goods. My first character in FFXIV I kept every single tradeskill item I got in case I "could" use it later. In truth I used next to none and ended cleaning my retainer's inventory 1 year later. That's because if I don't know the value of something, I tend to keep it just in case. Often it will overwhelm my inventory, and in FFXIV's case, it was completely unrefrained and useless, I am the first admitting that.

• 14 posts
    January 11, 2018 4:17 PM PST

I want regenerating bag space. :) I hoard everything until I have just 1 tile left... Reason I loved RO: no tile limit, only weight. And that could easily be cheated by taming a looter pet. They had no weight limit. :D

Recovering stuff from them was a pain, though... Especially in cities where other people could snatch something from under your nose. Had to look for remote hard-to-notice spots only to discover people like myself there... :D

Anyway... Hoard everything, especially potions (or other consumables) that I will never use.

This post was edited by leozaur at January 11, 2018 4:18 PM PST
    • 724 posts
    January 12, 2018 12:12 AM PST

I prefer a clean inventory (and bank), so I tend to sell items that I have no immediate use for. I will only keep crafting items that I can use (or plan to use in the very near future).

I also like to drop items and crafting stuff in the guild bank, especially if I know that guild crafters have need of those items.

• 523 posts
    January 12, 2018 1:00 AM PST

Hoard all the way.  I like to collect everything.  I want the option of decking my alts out with top notch gear, and I'm a huge crafter.  So, hoard, hoard, and hoard some more.  If Pantheon were to sell addition bank space, like GW2, it would make some money from me.  

• 14 posts
    January 12, 2018 1:12 PM PST

In most games I have mastered the craft of Hoarding ... My bank teller always wishes I sold it all off instead, in a lot of cases forces me to  =/ 

• 557 posts
    January 12, 2018 6:38 PM PST

Oh, I'm definitely a hoarder in the bank, but I try to keep lots of inv slots open so I can forage/gather/loot to the max each session.  Then it all gets filed accordingly, organized by Dewy Decimal System in my vault.

• 112 posts
    January 12, 2018 8:12 PM PST

I usually sell vendor fodder items and the rest goes to the bank for storage until its time to sell it or pass it down to my alt. If I am in the guild the most will go to guild members that can use it for an upgrade.

• 258 posts
    January 13, 2018 8:27 AM PST

I hoard as much as possible, then sell when I need to make room for more hoarding. :D

• 15 posts
    January 13, 2018 7:53 PM PST

I hoard what I need and either give away or sell that which I do not ;)

• 62 posts
    January 13, 2018 11:33 PM PST

If it's LORE, I keep it in the bank for that day in the future when I actually have that quest or someone needs me to MQ it. Otherwise, I keep tradeskill items (all of them) and very rarely, gear I can't use. My shared bank always has useful stuff like bags, healing/buff potions, crafted items for other characters' use, tradeskill items for other crafters, and hand-me-down gear.

TL;DR: FOR THE HOARD!

• 70 posts
    January 14, 2018 11:20 AM PST

I'm more of a hoarder.  Vendor trash is sold, but decent gear is stashed away for "an alt".

• 6 posts
    January 14, 2018 1:48 PM PST

It depends. Rare trophies, good items - even if it not for my class - useful pots/consumables/dyes/runes/etc. Definitely hoard them, they might be useful late. Everything else, either give to my guild mates or sell. 

• 470 posts
    January 14, 2018 11:27 PM PST

Nasotha said:

TL;DR: FOR THE HOARD!

Get out! :p Kidding.

Myself, I need all the plat that I can get but I never sell something that I think might be useful in some way later. I love crafting so I hoard all of that stuff. Quest items get stashed but junk gets the sell. And given the ffact their adding merchant dumpster diving back in (woohoo) I'll be scouring those as well.

• 4 posts
    January 15, 2018 1:18 PM PST

Oh I'm definatly a pack-rat... Never know when it's gonna be a rainy day and that thing you picked up will be just what you need. :) 

• 1785 posts
    January 17, 2018 8:27 AM PST

I hang on to things I think I might have a use for - if it's used for crafting, I'll generally keep it if possible.  If I think a guildie might need it, I'll hang on to it until I can find out.  I generally don't sell stuff unless I literally have no other use for it.

• 3016 posts
    January 17, 2018 6:01 PM PST

Hoarder here,  went back to EQ a year or so back,  and discovered things in my inventory from the start of EQ,  still don't know what they're for, but kept them anyway.. you know..just in case, some day...hehehe

• 521 posts
    January 18, 2018 11:08 AM PST

I sell trash items, that being any item that isn't better than what I have or cant be used by a Friend, or cant be broken down into resources if the game allows. All resources get horded even if I have no idea what its used for, because you never know.

• 217 posts
    January 18, 2018 3:57 PM PST

Keep it if ya need it or can twink with it, otherwise sell it.

• 108 posts
    January 19, 2018 4:33 PM PST

I am a hoarder. Game, Real world doesn't matter i hoard i cannot seem to let anything go other than trash loot in games and of course trash in the real world!

• 31 posts
    January 19, 2018 5:28 PM PST

I sell all vendor trash but hoard all good items and crafting supplies.  Never know when a friend or guildie will need something.