Forums » Pantheon Races

Map of Race starting locations available?

• 57 posts
    December 26, 2017 8:16 AM PST

Hey all, this info may already be out there, but as of yet I am unable to locate it myself.

Has a map been released that show where each race will begin the game, so those of us with friends that will be starting the game also can plan accordingly so we can team up as soon as possible.

Because as much as I love the idea of picking my own race at the start. From experience, starting on seperate continents on opening day can lead to an incredible amount of frustration and painful deaths, trying to find your friends.

If the race to class graph is final, then Gnomes will NEED to find other races with a quickness, due to them not having any tank class available at start. and Ogre and Skars get so few choices, requiring them to branch out of this group focused game

If possible, It would be great to find a few races at least within a few zones or 15 minute run to each other so we can start playing together.

Thanks for your time,

Suterian

• 1281 posts
    December 26, 2017 9:45 AM PST

The Pantheon Wiki has a list of the starting cities for the races, which can be cross-referenced with the Atlas as well.

https://pantheonriseofthefallen.gamepedia.com/Pantheon:_Rise_of_the_Fallen_Wiki

• 57 posts
    December 26, 2017 9:59 AM PST

Thanks Kalok, much appreciated. 

But, amI missing something? I tracked down 6 of the races, still wondering where gnomes start? and the other 2 races not mentioned which are Archai and Dwarves.

It's like we are missing an entire continent or part of the map still?

Please forgive me, for it is quite within the realm of possibility that I am just dumb and missed it... :)

This post was edited by Suterian at December 26, 2017 10:00 AM PST
    • 1281 posts
    December 26, 2017 10:08 AM PST

Yeaah, the Wiki is, unfortunately, incomplete.  I'm not sure who is in charge of its upkeep.

• 2886 posts
    December 26, 2017 10:23 AM PST

Will cross-post my response from this thread:

The atlas is outdated, but it does show where most of the starting cities are (designated by a crown) except for the continent of Whitethaw (which holds the starting cities of the Archai, Dwarves, and Gnomes.) There are also some other zones in between the main zones that were left out, but it at least gives you a general idea of where some of the primary zones are in relation to each other. We will theoretically be getting a more detailed atlas before too long: http://pantheonmmo.com/lore/atlas_of_terminus/

But FYI, starting cities:

Archai - Su'Roa

Dwarf - Khadassa

Dark Myr - Syronai's Rest

Ogre - The Broken Maw

Human - Thronefast

Halfling - Sorhiryth (in Wild's End)

Elf - Faerthale

Gnome - Skyhold

Skar - Skargol

• 2886 posts
    December 26, 2017 10:30 AM PST

Kalok said:

Yeaah, the Wiki is, unfortunately, incomplete.  I'm not sure who is in charge of its upkeep.

As is the case with most wikis, it is community-operated. Various people from throughout the community have contributed to it as they are able to. And all things considered, it's actually pretty accurate.

In this case, it's a matter of VR supplying us with a more updated map. They have acknowledged that the current atlas is quite lacking as it is several years old. And as I said in my previous post, they will release a more detailed one once they get around to it, but unfortunately no ETA on that yet.

In the meantime, just imagine Whitethaw as an icy continent to the south of Reignfall. Somewhere on that continent we know there will be a zone called The Frozen Sanctum. We also do know that the Archai will be relatively close to the Dwarves in Khadassa:

"Nearly on top of each other came the Myr of Issul (hereafter referred to as Dark Myr) near the Ogres of Broken Maw in what would become the continent of Reignfall, and the Archai of Roa to the south, in the realm of Whitethaw and nearest to the Dwarves and Khadassa." (Source: http://pantheonmmo.com/lore/the_age_of_chaos/ ;)

But it's still unknown exactly where Skyhold is; like I said, all we know is it's magically hovering somewhere above Whitethaw.

This post was edited by Bazgrim at December 26, 2017 10:40 AM PST
    • 89 posts
    December 27, 2017 11:56 AM PST

Personally, I plan to make sure to start the same race with the few people I know I will want to play the game with, as I suspect the road between any of the cities will be dangerous enough to make sure I'd need to spend quite some time gaining some levels and gear before I'd ever see my friends otherwise, and to me that time would be better spent exploring and enjoying my home city without the pressure to get out of there as quickly as possible

Since Humans offer the most choices, I'll likely start in Thronefast, but if it works out where my friends can all agree on classes available to Dwarves or Dark Myr, we could do that as well... Given that my limitation is to those races that offer a Cleric class

• 1860 posts
    December 27, 2017 2:05 PM PST

Are you sure we are still getting Whitethaw on release Baz?  I figured the lack of Whitethaw info was a sure sign it had been delayed.  I gave up on seeing it on release months ago.

This post was edited by philo at December 27, 2017 9:27 PM PST
    • 2752 posts
    December 28, 2017 10:09 AM PST

Has to be in release, it's where the Archai/Gnome/Dwarves are. 

• 1860 posts
    December 28, 2017 8:24 PM PST

Iksar said:

Has to be in release, it's where the Archai/Gnome/Dwarves are. 

That can easily be retconned.  Developmental delays happen regardless of the lore.

• 6 posts
    February 16, 2018 6:46 PM PST

The Archai and Dwarves were in the frozen sanctum, and the atlas shows frozen land up north. It would seem to me that they are there.

• 2886 posts
    February 16, 2018 8:20 PM PST

Richter said:

The Archai and Dwarves were in the frozen sanctum, and the atlas shows frozen land up north. It would seem to me that they are there.

One would think, except the passage I quoted above says that Whitethaw is actually to the south.

• 6 posts
    February 17, 2018 9:37 PM PST
    Yeah, I figure that was a typo. That or someone described the world incorrectly to the artist. There is currently a desert on the bottom right side of the atlas.
    • 2886 posts
    February 19, 2018 3:26 AM PST

Richter said: Yeah, I figure that was a typo. That or someone described the world incorrectly to the artist. There is currently a desert on the bottom right side of the atlas.

I think I'd actually trust the lore more. That map is extremely old and outdated. I'd even bet that the lore has officially changed a few times since that map was created. It is more of a conceptual map back from the very infancy of the game. As the game has developed, it has become less accurate. We will eventually be getting an updated one. Hopefully it's soon to cut down on the confusion.