I got a divorce.  End of problem.

• 51 posts
    December 21, 2017 10:09 PM PST

Benezetta said:

Kilsin said:

When all else fails.......

I got a divorce.  End of problem.

+1

Only exception to me playing when I want is when I have my kids and my oldest seems to be taking an interest in gaming so VR might be getting 2 subscriptions instead of one

• 173 posts
    December 22, 2017 6:15 AM PST

Like Fulton said, I also use the I’m gonna chill out for a bit excuse. That “bit” usually turns out to be 2 to 4 hours, lol.

I often find myself just gaming when my wife goes out and then I take care of my million chores when the wife is home to minimize the nagging. I love my wife very much, but it sucks that she is not a gamer.

• 9 posts
    December 22, 2017 12:28 PM PST

No excuse required.  Married a gamer, and we are confirmed childfree.  Life is good.  :-)

• 1095 posts
    December 22, 2017 1:06 PM PST

Kilsin said:

When all else fails, what is your go-to excuse to play your favorite game when you should be doing something else? #PRF #communitymatters

"Sorry, I've already had a beer, I'm not getting out".

• 25 posts
    December 22, 2017 4:55 PM PST

Well, lucky for me, I have ADHD and "should be doing" doesn't really mean a lot to my brain. "Want to do", on the other hand, more or less always takes precedence over everything else. I'm very lucky the few times "should be" and "want to" can be applied to the same action.

• 1785 posts
    December 22, 2017 6:54 PM PST

Hmm.  For me....

"Hey all, there's no point in me coming back across campus to my office after all these meetings, so I'll just stay remote for the rest of the day.  Email me if you need something!"

or, if it's not a workday...

"Eh, I didn't really need to go to the store today.  I mean I still have stuff to make grilled cheese and I'm not out of cat food yet.  I'll go tomorrow."

• 107 posts
    December 25, 2017 3:44 PM PST

Season Greetins all. My go to excuse when I should be doing soemthing else, i need to relaxe a bit, going to log in for a few mins or so. Or maybe today I will brush up on my forgeign language and typing skills, will chat with some international folks. Log into game, /ooc bonjour loking for grroup.

For grocery shopping, what Nephele mentioned with going out to the store for grilled cheese and not out of cat food, my stay at home excuse for not grocery shopping is, I still have some ramens left.