Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

When All Else Fails...

• 9115 posts
    December 21, 2017 3:52 AM PST

When all else fails, what is your go-to excuse to play your favorite game when you should be doing something else? #PRF #communitymatters

• 793 posts
    December 21, 2017 3:57 AM PST

I need to rest a bit, so I'm gonna chill out and play my game a few minutes, THEN I'll go do that.

/4 hours later.... It's too late to get started on that now, I'll do it next weekend :)

This post was edited by Fulton at December 21, 2017 3:57 AM PST
    • 557 posts
    December 21, 2017 4:29 AM PST

I don't need an excuse.  That ship sailed during my raiding days in EQ.

• 21 posts
    December 21, 2017 4:33 AM PST

Hehe, are hardcore MMO people using excuses? I tend to think its a lifestyle choice as an escape from RL for a variety of reasons.

For me no excuse, just love it, if I have the time I will play if I don't I will find the time. #addicted

This post was edited by modesty at December 21, 2017 4:34 AM PST
    • 1281 posts
    December 21, 2017 5:23 AM PST

Kilsin said:

When all else fails, what is your go-to excuse to play your favorite game when you should be doing something else? #PRF #communitymatters

Easy for me.....hehehe  "Beccause I want to."

• 624 posts
    December 21, 2017 5:30 AM PST

“Honey, some guy in Australia needs my help on the computer. Will wallpaper the baby’s room as soon as I get him sorted”

• 72 posts
    December 21, 2017 5:40 AM PST
    My fiancé says I have an addiction. I call it a hobby. It’s my passion. Some people just never get it. I mean, I could spend my nights at the bar if she prefers.
    • 626 posts
    December 21, 2017 6:08 AM PST

"Honey, I just need to check this 1 thing online." ...4 hours later... "Ok done now what where you say?"

• 2138 posts
    December 21, 2017 6:20 AM PST

This often happens on the weekends. Rationalisation is the key.  I end up telling myself " oh, those things I needed to do on saturday? I can do on Sunday. However being easy on myself, sometimes this can be replaced witha  weeks time- those things I need to do this wek? I can do next week.

• 43 posts
    December 21, 2017 6:38 AM PST

shasta said: My fiancé says I have an addiction. I call it a hobby. It’s my passion. Some people just never get it. I mean, I could spend my nights at the bar if she prefers.

Funny, my wife says the same thing about my gaming (PnP, tabletop, online) regarding how I could be at the bar instead.

As for me, rationalization went out the window a long time ago.  Though in my FPS days I would often say, "My clan needs me right now!"

• 107 posts
    December 21, 2017 6:42 AM PST

I tell my wife she is lucky I'm not into more expensive hobbies like gambling or Harleys. Most guys spend way more on themselves than I do. The classic "It could be worse" excuse!

• 3852 posts
    December 21, 2017 7:11 AM PST

I'm retired and have a spouse that also spends a lot of time playing games - though often not the same ones I play. My excuse is ...I feel like it.

• 1281 posts
    December 21, 2017 7:20 AM PST

zendrel said:

I tell my wife she is lucky I'm not into more expensive hobbies like gambling or Harleys. Most guys spend way more on themselves than I do. The classic "It could be worse" excuse!

Hey now!!  I resemble that remark!  hehehehe

• 1303 posts
    December 21, 2017 7:27 AM PST

I simply say, "Honey, didnt you say you really wanted to get your [insert class] to level [insert level]?  Why don't we go work on that together?"

This post was edited by Feyshtey at December 21, 2017 7:28 AM PST
    • 15 posts
    December 21, 2017 8:48 AM PST

"Just hold pressure on it. The bleeding should stop."

• 258 posts
    December 21, 2017 9:14 AM PST

"I'm sure whatever you need is not as important as making sure my friends don't DIE!" *Spams heal hotkey.* 

• 121 posts
    December 21, 2017 9:28 AM PST
    Excuses are for those that feel guilty and I never feel guilty for having fun.
    • 769 posts
    December 21, 2017 11:33 AM PST

modesty said:

Hehe, are hardcore MMO people using excuses? I tend to think its a lifestyle choice as an escape from RL for a variety of reasons.

For me no excuse, just love it, if I have the time I will play if I don't I will find the time. #addicted

Yea, this. When it's something I'm invested in, or, dare I say, "addicted" to - I tend to have to make excuses to NOT play.

• 261 posts
    December 21, 2017 12:38 PM PST

Excuse?  I don't need an excuse, I just play if thats what I want to do.

• 160 posts
    December 21, 2017 1:02 PM PST

shasta said: My fiancé says I have an addiction. I call it a hobby. It’s my passion. Some people just never get it. I mean, I could spend my nights at the bar if she prefers.

This used to be me. My wife has long since given up on this fight. Now she's my enabler. She is enjoying my break waiting for Panth to come out though. Lots getting done around the house/with the family.

• 839 posts
    December 21, 2017 1:29 PM PST
    RL always comes first, especially family lol, gaming just fits in whenever we have finished doing things we want to or need to do. If someone invited me to play at a time I'd just let her know. Restecpa...Lol
    • 98 posts
    December 21, 2017 1:56 PM PST

I always have to find an IRL excuse to stop playing if I've gotten on to do something and people decide they want to start talking to me.

It's a tough life being an introvert.

• 363 posts
    December 21, 2017 2:18 PM PST

Not having a trio of young ones to raise any more, not really as limited in my playtime. However, the wife isn't a gamer and does expect some of my time in the evenings after we are both off from work, which I gladly give. I already told her to expect a little less of that for a bit once I get into Pantheon. There may be the occasional times I will have to "make an excuse" to log in when I should be doing something else, but they will be few and far between...maybe. :P

This post was edited by Anistosoles at December 21, 2017 2:18 PM PST
    • 178 posts
    December 21, 2017 2:31 PM PST

Alas...

The first time I ever use the computer and a computer game as an excuse to not do something I am supposed to be doing will be the last time I ever use the computer or a computer game as an excuse. It could be the last time I ever see a computer or a computer game again. It could be the last time I see - period.

Some things I am able to get away with, but in this case... nope.

• 9115 posts
    December 21, 2017 3:05 PM PST

Kumu said:

“Honey, some guy in Australia needs my help on the computer. Will wallpaper the baby’s room as soon as I get him sorted”

Hahaha! That should definitely work! :D