Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

• 18 posts
    November 6, 2017 9:03 AM PST

Just wondering if this has been covered since last year.

1) If the open zones are going to be very large, will an NPC that you have pissed off, chase you all the way across to a zone line or is there a certain distance you get away from it that it gives up and goes home? I did a search for this and the answer back in 2016 was without a conclusion.

2) I did not see this in a search. If you are being chased by an NPC across a zone, and it happens to get held up by a tree or rock, is it going to teleport on top of your head like EQ1.0?

This post was edited by Fippy at November 6, 2017 9:03 AM PST
    • 3852 posts
    November 6, 2017 9:27 AM PST

I believe that the answer is that although different people have different opinions on whether an enemy should chase you all the way to the zone line, and precisely how training will work in terms of it switching its attention to other players if it cannot get you, we don't know yet how this will be handled.

• 1281 posts
    November 6, 2017 1:34 PM PST

I *THINK* I recall them saying that they would be tethered to some extent in one of the early videos, but it's entirely possible that I am misremembering.

• 2419 posts
    November 6, 2017 8:32 PM PST

It has been stated by the devs that the distance an NPC will chase you will depend upon the NPC.  Some, like an animal, might very well only chase you some distance before stopping.  Others, and they specifically stated undead, will never stop chasing you.  So in the end, it will depend upon the NPC.  I would operate under the assumption that everything will chase you until you cross that zoneline so don't stop, don't look back, just keep going.

• 211 posts
    November 6, 2017 9:03 PM PST

Vandraad said:

I would operate under the assumption that everything will chase you until you cross that zoneline so don't stop, don't look back, just keep going.

And hit that macro: "/shout TRAIN TO [insert zone name here ]!"