Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

More Screenshot Goodness w/ New Lighting and Shaders

• 9115 posts
    October 7, 2017 4:12 AM PDT

Mathir said:

Looks good Kilsin.  Pretty thrilled with what the graphics team has been working on for the last few months.  When do we get an update on what the "other" teams have been accomplishing in that same time period?  Any new races, classes, spell effects, zones, dungeons, starting cities, quest lines, raids, or the like in the pipeline for show and tell soon?

I can tell you that they are working on a lot but most of it will be revealed in PA1 and isn't something we want to publically release just yet, so it may be a little while longer before you get any more class info but that doesn't mean there is a  lot of work being done on them!

Stay tuned for some more race info soon, though ;)

With our lighting and Shader update, we need to do a pass on everything else now too, including character models to bring them all in line with the new look, plus we have a ton of animations and other perception and sound related features in the works, so you will have to enjoy the art and graphics for a little bit longer before I can release some of the other goodies but they are coming ;)

• 9115 posts
    October 7, 2017 4:13 AM PDT

Kalok said:

Hey Kilsin.  Any way you guys could update the Media page with more 4k pictures?  I'm running 2 27" 4k monitors and need some new, butchin, wallpaper.  I'm tired of looking at the Windows stuff....hehehe

We have an extremely large amount on there and just removed them as they were taken with the old shaders/lighting, so now we will repopulate with new lighting and shaders screenshots as we release them, so be sure to keep an eye out for them :)

• 1281 posts
    October 7, 2017 7:46 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Kalok said:

Hey Kilsin.  Any way you guys could update the Media page with more 4k pictures?  I'm running 2 27" 4k monitors and need some new, butchin, wallpaper.  I'm tired of looking at the Windows stuff....hehehe

We have an extremely large amount on there and just removed them as they were taken with the old shaders/lighting, so now we will repopulate with new lighting and shaders screenshots as we release them, so be sure to keep an eye out for them :)

That's what I am hoping for.  Ones that are post-new lighting and shading...hehehe

• 399 posts
    October 7, 2017 1:01 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

ooooh....soooo... does that mean a new race announcement or more info about an existing race (like the opposite gender of existing races?)

Ok so we've got:

Human:
    Elf:
    Ogre:
    Gnome:
    Archai:
    Dwarf:

Three more to go?  Dark Myr, Halfling and Skar?

Can't wait to see all races and genders :)

This post was edited by Durp at October 7, 2017 1:12 PM PDT
    • 470 posts
    October 7, 2017 1:16 PM PDT

Kalok said:

Kilsin said:

Kalok said:

That's what I am hoping for.  Ones that are post-new lighting and shading...hehehe

True enough. We need something new to chew on and get some chatter going on these forums. That and we need those wallpapers. :p

• 1281 posts
    October 7, 2017 2:30 PM PDT

I will say that I am kinda bummed that there's no Half Elves, but I get it.

• 9115 posts
    October 7, 2017 4:52 PM PDT

Durp said:

Kilsin said:

ooooh....soooo... does that mean a new race announcement or more info about an existing race (like the opposite gender of existing races?)

Ok so we've got:

Human:
    Elf:
    Ogre:
    Gnome:
    Archai:
    Dwarf:

"The Keeper of Beans" cannot reveal any more information at this time ;)

• 595 posts
    October 7, 2017 4:55 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Durp said:

Kilsin said:

Ok so we've got:

Human:
    Elf:
    Ogre:
    Gnome:
    Archai:
    Dwarf:

Ya know, sometimes I really regret giving you this moniker ><

This post was edited by Nikademis at October 7, 2017 4:57 PM PDT
    • 66 posts
    October 7, 2017 8:24 PM PDT

Thanks for the tease.  It's KILLING ME!  I want to see so much more...like now. Lol.  But seriously, I would love to see updates on the character designs for all of the characters.  (Of course, I still can't pick my starting race yet)

• 9115 posts
    October 8, 2017 1:35 AM PDT

Nikademis said:

Kilsin said:

Durp said:

Kilsin said:

Ok so we've got:

Human:
    Elf:
    Ogre:
    Gnome:
    Archai:
    Dwarf:

Ya know, sometimes I really regret giving you this moniker ><

Hahaha, it's all your fault Nika! :D

• 76 posts
    October 8, 2017 6:11 AM PDT

God i can't wait for this game for so many reasons, the world, the art, the lore and these screen shots make it so hard to just sit and wait kilsin you know that right.

i love seeing the game develop and i can't wait to get in and squash some bugs for so many reasons.

This post was edited by Akailo at October 8, 2017 6:33 AM PDT