Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Alpha/beta testing and wipes

• 470 posts
    October 6, 2017 2:13 PM PDT

Raeyna said:

I don't know if we will be able to "save" our character design.  I know that FFXIV lets you.  It would be nice if VR allowed us to do the same.  But because it's Alpha & Beta, they may be adding new features during character creation.  So, it may not be a benefit until the end of Beta before launch.

Personally, I kind of like all of the wipes.  I haven't decided on what type of race/class that I want to play.  So it would be fun.

We do get to keep or name -- but I'm not sure if the name reservation is done in order of what pledge tier you are in.

May not matter anywho. Anyone remember the bug near the launch of Vangurd that randomly changed your character's appearance? I remember logging in one day as a hard core ginger warrior. But the funny part was your appearance would change each time you logged out. Good times. :p

This post was edited by Kratuk at October 6, 2017 2:14 PM PDT
    • 3852 posts
    October 7, 2017 7:33 AM PDT

>Are we going to have the option to be wiped, but keep the same character from alpha/beta into release so that we don't have to re-do all of the appearance and/or name stuff?<

Rather unlikely since there will probably be changes from build to build, and in any case not really worth developer time and effort since there are probably not going to be hours worth of choices to make. 

As for names, they have said there will be a chance to reserve names before release. With near certainty this will mean a specific period in which to do so and using a name in alpha or beta will not - and should not - give us priority for that name over people in the same pledge category that did not use the name earlier.