Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Naming Policies & Avatar

• 17 posts
    September 7, 2017 8:02 AM PDT

shalmack-

Indeed it is meant to be contrary, as is the way when finding a compromise or happy medium.  That said while they both contridict the other they also compliment the other at the same time.  While not wanting to settle with the restrictions of every day life mainly refers to being able to be different in a most natural way, while we cant choose what race or gender we are when we are born, as that is out of our hands in every way. - That said there are ways to get around such barriers with massive amounts of money, or by playing the victim card and getting public opinion on your side with medical surgeries.

The naming portion while it ties back to reality a bit, it enforces the choice or option of someone to boast their individuality while being accepting and tolerant of those with similar tastes.  Would you be satisfied if your RL name was XxJohnxX and every new person you came across got akward at tring to read your name? - Surely you could tell them just to call you John, but in the same sense it makes the out Xx xX portion rather moot.  GIven our itterface is a text/typed one, having lengthy or obtrusive variants creates more of a headache over looking up an account identifier or a unique character serial number of sorts.

All in all it comes down to finding that compromise, not everyone can be made happy, nor should looking for a ctach all solution be considered.  There will always be those who are unhappy with any decision or opinion that conflicts theirs, whats important is to make sure you at very least get input from multiple points of view or perspective, as such my posts tend to be lengthier because I provide some manner of proof for my reasoning, rather than leaving up my ideas to inference.

Evoras-

I do appreciate the links and understand the purpose of these forums as a tool for collecting and sharing ideas and information for the development of Pantheon.  That said I also was one fo the few peopel that actually reads the agreements/rules of anythign I sign up for.  That said the rule looking down on post Necroing as well as the challenges faced with searching these forums in their bare-bones state lead me to make my own thread, as I am sure newcomers alike have the same search issues and similar question concerns.  That said I appreciate the given thread links and will be reading them over, perchance the web developer here could make a sub forum specifially dedicated to posts such as these and even sticky/pin the more popular/controversial ones so they can be found by newcomers.  As I have not found a suggestion specific forum with suggestion submission guidelines, I felt keeping the topic of the Avatar while noting on the two aspects would at very least direct readers whom are interested.  Mayhap some day there will be an easy-to-use search function on these forums, but I am not terribly concerned about that, as the VR team has made it clear their focus is the game and I would rather have a well made-game with steady progress over fully functional forums and a game stuck in perpetual alpha/development.

I will be attempting to be more regular on the forums, and sadly no my posts/replies won't be getting shorter =P