Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Newb VS Pro

• 801 posts
    July 3, 2017 9:15 AM PDT

Liav said:

I started EQ at age 7. Maturity ratings are there for ceremonial/lawful purposes at best. Mostly the 1% of parents who don't actually know how to parent so they blame video games for their children misbehaving.

Kind of getting off topic in this thread but those ratings don't really serve a purpose anyway.

There are legit horror games on the market that give 40 year olds jump scares, yet they fall under the same rating umbrella as Call of Duty. If that doesn't show how self-defeating the ratings system is, I don't know what will.

One of those games is dying light. The veritgo of looking down, the horrifying zombies. In fact i feel like installing it again to play.... thanks

• 2752 posts
    July 3, 2017 10:07 AM PDT

fancy said:

I'm just saying, later on, you might find you'll be grouping with these kids and they will be learning, but you shouldn't turn away from them or shun them because they ARE kids. Unless they act really immature and you dont enjoy playing with them, that's understandable. That's what's so beautiful about Brad McQuaid making it. It's difficult where it needs to be, but it's also easy as well so it doesn't turn people off of the game. They get into it, they learn. "Oh hey, this is easy! Let's go do some dungeons!", "Oh crap, this is hard, I think we need to ask for some help from the chat to see what we are doing wrong". So then they find that they may need an Enchanter to Mez some mobs, but they only went in with all dps. Or maybe they find that most of them don't have enough gear and stats to part take in that dungeon yet. The list goes on... But the jist of it is: These kids later become you or I. Players that enjoyed the long difficult content of EQ1 or EQ2 or Vanguard. They enjoy different games, develop their skills along the way, and seek out another game to match the difficulty or variety they received in Pantheon. 20 years down the road, they will be us, waiting for another Pantheon.

Yeah I agree. Kids are capable of a lot more than most people give them credit for skill/ability wise. They can be immature but now maybe more than ever kids can pick these things up like nothing else. They might be more immature or otherwise rambunctious but that doesn't meant they can't play well. I was playing games pretty much since I could hold a controller and I imagine that is a much more common thing these days since gaming has since become a more globally accepted/embraced thing. 

• 264 posts
    July 3, 2017 12:25 PM PDT

This is not a casual MMORPG. That doesn't mean the lower levels won't be easy though, my guess is that at least the first 10 levels will be an easymode snoozefest perfect for your sister to enjoy! If you guys really want a good laugh try Black Desert Online...I got a character up to lvl 30 and I can wipe out entire armies of mobs single handed or take down things 10 levels higher. I am told it gets much harder but the design really is terrible which is a pity since it is such a beautiful game and the combat system is fun. The problem with making the early game too easy is it spoils players and makes them think they got the game mastered. But I'm getting a little off topic here so back to the Newb Vs Pro. There is bound to be a class that is easier to play than the others so my advice for you lazy newbs out there is choose the easiest class (usually a pet class) and stick to the low level content. Or you can play BDO and be amazed as you destroy armies of foes using basic attacks!