Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

New Ressurection Type Spell - The Pinch Rez!

• 187 posts
    May 3, 2017 5:39 PM PDT

I was brainstorming some unique spells that Pantheon's Druids could have and I came up with a pretty interesting one I'd thought I'd share here. Here's a rough example (of course the numbers I use would have to be tweaked. My intention is to convey the general idea.)

Life Jolt - Temporarily resurrect a fallen ally. The downed target player springs to life with 50% health and 50% mana, but can only live for 1 minute before returning to a downed state. The target cannot be resurrected afterward until 5 minutes have elapsed.
    (Instant or short cast time, very long cooldown.)

The situation in which this would be a useful spell would mainly be to avoid a full wipe when a vital group member dies mid-battle. The healer could pinch rez a recently downed tank in the hopes that he/she can rebuild enough hate to tank for an extra minute. That one extra minute might be the needed difference in a battle to avoid a complete wipe. Or resurrect a downed Wizard and let them go burst crazy for 1 minute in the hopes that that is enough to take down the enemy.

I think it would add some intensity to some situations. Also, with a really long cooldown, finding the correct time to use it in a dungeon would be a neat skill to develop. I would love to see how some characters make the most of out the 1 extra minute they've been given.

Thoughts?

Edit: (nooo a typo in the title, help us all Kilsin!)

This post was edited by Syntro at May 3, 2017 5:47 PM PDT
    • 633 posts
    May 4, 2017 4:21 AM PDT

I would change the part where they can't be resurrected for 5 minutes, to they can't be resurrected by Life Jolt (or similar abilities) for 5 minutes.  Allow normal resurrection spells to work.  Otherwise I like it.

• 175 posts
    May 4, 2017 4:42 AM PDT

I'm not a big fan of niche spells like this. First, they tend to be overlooked because you so rarely use them. Second, it adds additional clutter especially when you start getting multiples of these types of abilities.

Also, if they go with the "lots of abilities but you can only have a select few (10) of them available at a time", these types of spells we'll be largely overlooked for something more beneficial or less tedious. Ironically I'm far more open to these types of abilities in this situation. Sure give me lots of different abilities and let me choose what to use.

• 483 posts
    May 4, 2017 6:42 AM PDT

I like this type of spells, but has Archaen said, with a limit set of abilities this one would get almost no use.

If VR decides to add more spells slots (I would love more spells slots) then these types of spells would be more common.