Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Skipping mobs in dungeons/raids?

• 2130 posts
    May 6, 2017 5:47 PM PDT

Dullahan said:

Right. They can add rare spawn raid mobs within trash around the long timer mobs, just like you have rare spawns in normal group dungeons. Also shorter spawn mini-bosses giving people a reason to go down regularly and check for bigger targets. On top of that, you could also have valuable rare drop items on the "trash" itself, effectively making it less trashy. That way a guild doesn't go away empty handed from a raid. Those things will discourage trying to circumvent content and poopsocking raid mobs rather than just forming a raid and playing the game.

Totally agree. Plane of Hate trash mobs that drop class sets are a good example of good design for trash mobs. In addition to that, the numerous pseudo-raid targets that gave an incentive to visit the zone as a whole when the big mobs aren't up.

I personally think that Call of the Hero mechanics just shouldn't bother to be added, but that's semi-related to the topic. The entire purpose of the ability is to skip content, but it was super exploitable. Copious use of invisibility, to me, is preferable. Especially through expendables such as invis potions. It's much easier to flag raid trash with a high % to spawn as see invis than it is to design an entire content block around the existence of an ability like CotH.

• 14 posts
    May 6, 2017 6:04 PM PDT

I really liked the idea that someone had about basing the strength of the Raid boss off the trash mobs that remained, the problem with this is that it only works in a system that utilizes instances.  I would be more inclined to make CoTH not functional within x distance from the Raid Boss/ Dungeon Boss.  Also in a Raid area the mobs should have a MUCH higher resitance to FD and invis.  I also like the idea of the Raid boss being able to summon any mini-bosses that are still up in the dungeon.  That means you can't waste time, and that every attempt counts, because if it takes you too long they would start to respawn.

• 13 posts
    May 6, 2017 9:54 PM PDT

just add long recast timers on the summon and rez spells. 

This post was edited by Grimmier at May 6, 2017 9:54 PM PDT
    • 1584 posts
    May 6, 2017 10:08 PM PDT

You can also make it to where you can't CoTH in raid zones, or have the raid content in certain zones be on different floors and those floors can't be Coth too, or a different zone entirely inside that dungeon