Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

questions for stream tomorrow

This topic has been closed.
    • 32 posts
    May 1, 2017 8:27 AM PDT

i cant be on to see stream but id like to know if anyone can ask some of these questions

1.is there gonna be rampage/enraged

2.will some, most mobs summon

3.do we get to have a last name

4.will you let us see population numbers on each server and not the low med high with colors crap.

5.will you let us create channel chats

6. have you guys decided on map or no map

7.are we gonna be able to log off game and still sell our goods

8.is there gonna be underwater combat.but i think that one is already a yes but not 100% sure

• 441 posts
    May 1, 2017 9:43 AM PDT

Some of your question have been answered right on theses forums. 

• 148 posts
    May 1, 2017 9:44 AM PDT

For #3 , yes we will have last names - you can even see that in the stream when Cohh was at the character select screen

For #6 , there will be no world map - has been asked and answered here on the forums a few times

• 2752 posts
    May 1, 2017 9:46 AM PDT

jimm0thy said:

For #3 , yes we will have last names - you can even see that in the stream when Cohh was at the character select screen

For #6 , there will be no world map - has been asked and answered here on the forums a few times

I believe there will be a general world map, but no individual zone maps. 

As for number 8:

20.5 Will there be underwater zones?

Yes. In fact, one of our playable races, the Dark Myr, is an underwater race. It is important to note here, however, that while the idea of exploring underwater areas and discovering ‘Atlantean’ ruins is a compelling one, many implementations of underwater content and gameplay in other MMOs has left some gamers with a negative impression. We are confident that we can provide compelling and fun underwater zones as well as an interface and ability to move underwater that is not frustrating. Additionally, our goal of having underwater zones is not only to provide a different feel and atmosphere, but also to create areas where different tactics can come into play. Underwater exploration and combat is more of a 3D experience, since you can be attacked from any direction, including above you and below you. Some good examples of this are the Battle Room from the book and movie Ender’s Game and the combat in the nebula between Kirk and Khan in the original Star Trek 2 movie, where Kirk outsmarts Khan by attacking from above using his familiarity with 3D space to his advantage.

This post was edited by Iksar at May 1, 2017 9:47 AM PDT
    • 441 posts
    May 1, 2017 9:47 AM PDT

7 yes there will be some system set up for selling. May not be an AH but Kilsin said there is something for us to test when testing starts. They want our feedback on it but not willing to talk about it yet. 

• 1584 posts
    May 1, 2017 9:49 AM PDT

Iksar said:

jimm0thy said:

I believe there will be a general world map, but no individual zone maps. 

As for number 8:

20.5 Will there be underwater zones?

Yes. In fact, one of our playable races, the Dark Myr, is an underwater race. It is important to note here, however, that while the idea of exploring underwater areas and discovering ‘Atlantean’ ruins is a compelling one, many implementations of underwater content and gameplay in other MMOs has left some gamers with a negative impression. We are confident that we can provide compelling and fun underwater zones as well as an interface and ability to move underwater that is not frustrating. Additionally, our goal of having underwater zones is not only to provide a different feel and atmosphere, but also to create areas where different tactics can come into play. Underwater exploration and combat is more of a 3D experience, since you can be attacked from any direction, including above you and below you. Some good examples of this are the Battle Room from the book and movie Ender’s Game and the combat in the nebula between Kirk and Khan in the original Star Trek 2 movie, where Kirk outsmarts Khan by attacking from above using his familiarity with 3D space to his advantage.

Well we've alrdy seen the general world map alrdy so i would have to agree to this granted it could be added to at this point but at least we've alrdy seen it as it is right now

• 9 posts
    May 1, 2017 9:54 AM PDT

I do hope the next stream is more focused on the Dev's being able to play, and not answer questions that were asked last week.

I'd like to see them focus and play for 10-15mins at least with no distractions.  Maybe even bi-sect out the questions somehow.

Here are some questions I've had:

1. Will there be collections?  If so what will that system look like?  Shinies?!?!?

2. Will there be rare crafting recipes and materials?  If so, how would a crafter obtain said rare recipe? (beyond seeing the rare forge area in the stream before last.  Is there going to be crafting epic quests?)

3. Will there be public quests?  Something like what happens outside the gates in Antonia and Commonlands in EQ2 now/GuildWars style. 

4. Will there be "rest" areas when logging for increased exp gain? (I know this is very WoWish but I'm curious). 

5. Mercenaries?

6. Hearthstone?  Hearthstone abilities?

• 1921 posts
    May 1, 2017 11:24 AM PDT

RDTTKA121212 said:

I do hope the next stream is more focused on the Dev's being able to play, and not answer questions that were asked last week.

I'd like to see them focus and play for 10-15mins at least with no distractions.  Maybe even bi-sect out the questions somehow.

Agreed.  It would be vastly better to simply say in the stream " We're going to adventure and play and converse amongst ourselves for 15 minutes.   Then we'll do 5 minutes of questions. " 
    Repeat as time permits.  This having questions interrupt gameplay is... not ideal.

Some questions: (which I seriously doubt will get asked, never mind answered)

Is it currently a design goal that the client will be multithreaded and/or run on all available cores simultaneously, at launch?

Is it currently a design goal that the Perception system will be used to determine damage type weaknesses and resistances of targets either before or during combat?

What is the current target for the number of active concurrent quests?

Is the first pass design for all classes abilities & spells ready for testing internally?

• 238 posts
    May 1, 2017 12:17 PM PDT

I get that they answer question for people watching a stream for the first time but I would love to see the questions tailored to ones that aren’t things found in the FAQ. Like “is this a group game” or “is there going to be fast travel”. Good questions but in a very short time for answering things I’d love to see more about information not already posted on the website.

• 65 posts
    May 1, 2017 12:50 PM PDT

I, too, would like them to play for a period of time and then take questions during a med/down-time period.  I would like them to discuss what they are doing in combat and the different abilities they are using (don't need numbers, I know these are subject to change but just basic descriptors/what they are meant to do).  Also would like them to refer people to the FAQ if a question has been asked multiple times and is already answered in the FAQ, as Xonth mentioned above.  Also, please try to pick questions that have not been answered in past streams already; I know not everyone has seen the previous streams and is unaware of the previous answers, but they can be refered to previous streams (as Cohh did at one point in this last stream).  There are many good questions being asked, but with the limited time of the stream it would be good to get some new information :)

My only question is, have they done much work on the continent of Reignfall.  I read in a previous thread (or maybe heard on a previous stream) that they wanted to get a lot of Kingsreach ready for pre-alpha, but they have made no mention of Reignfall. 

• 801 posts
    May 1, 2017 1:18 PM PDT

My questions are based on Guild raids, and what does this have to offer guilds of 30-50ish or will sizes of 100 be too much for initial release?

Some players are very hardcore raiders and love doing so. Progression is something many of us enjoyed.

Will raids require some structure preparing for them.

If nothing on release, when would we expect it?

• 9 posts
    May 1, 2017 1:37 PM PDT

Watching these past streams I did just notice something.

Different spell/ability book   --   Two streams ago, below each spell/ability there were 3 empty boxes.  To me this incinuated "ranks" or "tiers" of spells/abilities like in EQ2 (journeyman, adept, master, grandmaster, etc).

In the most recent stream, the spell/ability book no longer has then empty boxes below each.

Question - can we confirm if there will be ranks/tiers of spells and abilities in Pantheon?

• 2886 posts
    May 1, 2017 1:51 PM PDT

RDTTKA121212 said:

Watching these past streams I did just notice something.

Different spell/ability book   --   Two streams ago, below each spell/ability there were 3 empty boxes.  To me this incinuated "ranks" or "tiers" of spells/abilities like in EQ2 (journeyman, adept, master, grandmaster, etc).

In the most recent stream, the spell/ability book no longer has then empty boxes below each.

Question - can we confirm if there will be ranks/tiers of spells and abilities in Pantheon?

What you are referring to was actually in the first ever Pantheon stream and that was just a prototype for the Living Codex. It does not really involve ranks and tiers like in EQ, but it certainly is a way to empower your abilities. 

From the FAQ:

(2.1.1) "In Pantheon many of the most powerful and exotic abilities can only be found out in the wilds of Terminus from heavily guarded treasure vaults, the depths of dungeons, and from unimaginable locations. These most powerful abilities are written on legendary parchments known as Prime Scrolls.

Spells and abilities that are learned from Prime Scrolls and stored in The Living Codex as “Transcendent” abilities.

The Prime Scroll will only fill the top portion of each page; underneath, there will be three empty sections that the player can mark with special items which will further enhance the primary ability. These three sections are detailed below:

• Seal of Amplification 
       o Amplifies the bonus modifiers from Mana Climates that affect the Primary Scroll’s mana color. More powerful seals will increase the bonuses. 

• Brand of Resilience 
       o Lessens the negative modifiers from Mana Climates that affect the Primary Scroll’s mana color. More powerful brands will decrease the penalties. 

• Signet of Synergy 
       o Applying a Signet of Synergy to an ability will unlock different class-specific synergy effects that can be used in combination with synergy effects from other classes, sometimes to awesome effect. However, the Primary Scroll ability must be capable of synergy effects and not all are."

This post was edited by Bazgrim at May 1, 2017 1:56 PM PDT
    • 200 posts
    May 1, 2017 2:24 PM PDT

1. can we loot pancakes, square waffles and syrup...and if so can we hand them to NPC's to modify the NPC mood!

2. Will there be more than 1 CC class at release or the first "major" update to Pantheon, and is the Quadrinity still as relevant today as it was in the previous streams?

3. What will the Perception Log/Journal look like.   IF a Journal exists, can you refilter it by zone, area, and possibly quest arc once you have enough pin points to connect the strings to help avoid my desk looking like this picture below:

• 182 posts
    May 1, 2017 2:33 PM PDT

Warben said:

1. can we loot pancakes, square waffles and syrup...and if so can we hand them to NPC's to modify the NPC mood!

Haha! I don't know about pancakes but certainly some NPCs might have a sweet tooth.

• 9115 posts
    May 1, 2017 3:26 PM PDT

Folks just as an FYI, we are not actually taking pre-stream questions,t hey will be taken live, so I will go ahead and close this but I appreciate the initiative :)