Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

A Tank's Request

• 151 posts
    April 21, 2017 9:15 AM PDT

Beefcake said:

LordMindParadox said:

Beefcake said:

If you had watched any of the streams,  you would have seen the interface.  That would answer your question.

And if you had provided a link to said streams(assuming I didn't miss them utterly due to them being live) I could have watched them. Instead you chose to be a snarky and unhelpful "person".

Just shocked that someone following this game has not watched them.

Truth be told, I've never watched the streams either.

• 1714 posts
    April 21, 2017 11:11 AM PDT

LordMindParadox said:

So, I'm reading the new FAQ(looks great by the way) and in the part talking about multiboxing there's mention that we will be "We want to make combat, especially mid and higher level combat, so tactically intense, with so much going on, so much to do, so much to counter, so many companions to keep alive and the timing of many abilities crucial"

Now, all I'm seeing in my head is the whackamole approach from EQ2 where I had something akin to 10 10 slot hotbars open, and basically, during fighting, all i saw was the stupidly large amount of buttons i was staring at waiting for one to pop up so i could knock it down again.

Please tell me this isn't what you meant! Givve us something more like EQ1 originally had, with the 8 spell/ability gems(casting from the number row was awesome) and one set of 6 hotkeys. No, I'm not asking for exactly that, but PLEASE don't go the other side and overload us with crap to do in some "Actions Per Minute make you better!" idea of gameplay.

Edited causse I hit my laptop keyboard too hard and it double shots letters on regular basis :P

These are extremely important, huge gameplay impacting questions that I don't think we have great answers to yet. I have been discouraged by the large number of skills demonstrated at VERY low level in the streams. They show hotbars full up at level 8. That's seems like a bad sign to me. Obviously, pre-pre-alpha, and things are changing every day, but the last thing I want is to be staring at 50 different hot key icons. EQ's "hit flying kick every 10 seconds" obviously needs to be improved upon, but there has to be a happy balance between way too simple/boring and way too much/watered down. 

One of the GREAT things about EQ, was looking forward to those power levels. Monks and Rangers hitting level 17 and getting FD and dual wield, respectively. Casters finally making it to that spell level and feeling that huge boost of power, etc. Hell, hybrids didn't get spells AT ALL until level 9. And when people finally reached these little milestones, it meant something. A level 16 wizard vs a level 15 wizard didn't mean just 1 level. One was using their brand new Flame Shock and the other was still pushing through with their 4 level old nuke. A level 20 SK had double attack, that's a HUGE difference between a level 19 SK. Spamming skills and abilities at players every level makes every single one of those skills and abilities worth less. 

This post was edited by Keno Monster at April 21, 2017 11:17 AM PDT
    • 578 posts
    April 21, 2017 11:54 AM PDT

Krixus said:

One of the GREAT things about EQ, was looking forward to those power levels. Monks and Rangers hitting level 17 and getting FD and dual wield, respectively. Casters finally making it to that spell level and feeling that huge boost of power, etc. Hell, hybrids didn't get spells AT ALL until level 9. And when people finally reached these little milestones, it meant something. A level 16 wizard vs a level 15 wizard didn't mean just 1 level. One was using their brand new Flame Shock and the other was still pushing through with their 4 level old nuke. A level 20 SK had double attack, that's a HUGE difference between a level 19 SK. Spamming skills and abilities at players every level makes every single one of those skills and abilities worth less. 

Not to get sidetracked and/or derail the topic but both EQ1 and VG had these power levels that felt great reaching. So I'm hoping the same will be for PRF. Even with VG giving you access to every spell at any moment and with the grandiose amount of spells at your disposal, every class had a level or two around level 30 that just increased your capabilities twofold, and it felt great

Playing WoW, Rift, ESO, etc I never felt like I reached a milestone like this. Every new level felt like the same incremental increase in power and made the classes, I don't want to say boring, but definitely a missed opportunity. Granted, I didn't play too many alts in any of these games but I think that's a testament to these power levels I believe. Knowing that EQ1 and VG had these made it fun to play new alts just to be able to reach these levels.

• 1714 posts
    April 21, 2017 11:59 AM PDT

NoobieDoo said:

Krixus said:

Not to get sidetracked and/or derail the topic but both EQ1 and VG had these power levels that felt great reaching. So I'm hoping the same will be for PRF. Even with VG giving you access to every spell at any moment and with the grandiose amount of spells at your disposal, every class had a level or two around level 30 that just increased your capabilities twofold, and it felt great

Playing WoW, Rift, ESO, etc I never felt like I reached a milestone like this. Every new level felt like the same incremental increase in power and made the classes, I don't want to say boring, but definitely a missed opportunity. Granted, I didn't play too many alts in any of these games but I think that's a testament to these power levels I believe. Knowing that EQ1 and VG had these made it fun to play new alts just to be able to reach these levels.

They got rid of spell circles in EQ and started giving the blue bar classes a new spell every single level. Gag. 

• 11 posts
    April 21, 2017 12:14 PM PDT

Have to say, with one exception :P the community here is already better than most MMOs I've played :) I've bbeen watching the streams, and a lot of my questions are answered(ish) thanks folks! :)