Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

High level class titles?

• 22 posts
    April 6, 2017 2:07 AM PDT

Will your class title change as you get into the very high levels, like in original EQ? For example, when a Warrior reaches max level he may then be called a Warlord instead.

I always thought this was a  nice little detail and made those high levels feel more accomplished.

• 187 posts
    April 6, 2017 5:09 AM PDT

I actually found it slightly annoying. I often couldn't remember what class was what. I don't mind it. But if like be able to turn it off on my who lists.

When I do a who of the zone, I want to see 5 druids, not 5 different titles that I'm not sure what they are... magnified by each class.....

• 44 posts
    April 6, 2017 6:03 AM PDT

Amris said:

I actually found it slightly annoying. I often couldn't remember what class was what. I don't mind it. But if like be able to turn it off on my who lists.

When I do a who of the zone, I want to see 5 druids, not 5 different titles that I'm not sure what they are... magnified by each class.....

I agree. I didn't like it for exactly that reason. Some of them were obvious (Warlord, Arch Mage, etc), but some of them it was difficult to remember what class you were actually looking at. Maybe special titles to append to your name "Soandso the Warlord", but don't actually change the class name in a /who.

This post was edited by snrub at April 6, 2017 6:04 AM PDT
    • 2886 posts
    April 6, 2017 6:47 AM PDT

I was actually just wondering about this yesterday and I haven't been able to find a definitive answer. I did look forward to getting a new class title in EQ, but at the same time I realize it doesn't really make any difference. It's not very important. I agree that it can sometimes just cause confusion when you can't keep track of all the different terms. I suppose that could be pretty easily fixed by just keeping the original class in parentheses like "Warlord (Warrior)" But again, what's really the point aside from nostalgia?

• 129 posts
    April 6, 2017 7:17 AM PDT

Blackguard ;) I am a Blackguard now, but I need to get Assassin :( I don't want that title. I'd like to do away with that system. Once you reach the level where it changes, then it has to continue to change or it stays that new class name forever. Could just leave it as it is from the beginning and avoid confusion. Titles should be left to the name bar. Seriously, I'd like to just remain a rogue.

Edit: Another big issue I have is that as someone states below, a class will always be just that class. Why not just give the class a cool name from the start? IE, call the Shaman an Oracle at level 1.

This post was edited by Rogue at April 8, 2017 2:24 PM PDT
    • 3852 posts
    April 6, 2017 3:17 PM PDT

Class titles are fine but they shouldn't be what appears when someone does a search or looks at a group or raid screen.

• 52 posts
    April 6, 2017 4:23 PM PDT

I actually kinda like them. I looked forward to becoming an Illusionist after being an Enchanter for so many levels. They are not that hard to learn and would love to see them in the game.

• 154 posts
    April 6, 2017 4:36 PM PDT

Class Titles were kewl. I agree though when some people say they were confusing. The Titles Warlord and Archmage respectively were easy to indentify with a class. Perhaps with a class like Ranger the 1st title could be "Ranger Novice" and taking up from there to "Hunter Extraordinaire" or something. Anyway I wouldn't mind seeing titles again, so long as the title can be readily identified with the class it's tied to.

• 191 posts
    April 6, 2017 5:02 PM PDT

I like them.  I like when games require me to know things.

This post was edited by Shai at April 6, 2017 5:02 PM PDT
    • 3237 posts
    April 6, 2017 5:20 PM PDT

I am definitely in favor of warriors advancing to warlord at max level.  I also like it when games require me to know things.  We have people who remember random off the wall spell names and NPC names from 15 years ago.  My gut feeling is that each class will have at least 2 specs anyway which will obviously require some sort of distinction.  Guess we'll see soon!

• 187 posts
    April 6, 2017 5:29 PM PDT

I want to know things that really matter to gameplay. I want to know the way to (wherever fun spot) . I want to know things about my enchanter that few other people ever utilize. I want to know how to purple a tank.

I don't want to be bothered memorizing what "special rank" is for what class. It just annoys me and adds nothing to my skill level. That's just me, though.

This post was edited by Amris at April 6, 2017 5:48 PM PDT
    • 319 posts
    April 8, 2017 8:02 AM PDT

Once a druid always a druid no matter what they labeled me. Although in EQ I believe when you did a "/who all druid" in chat it listed all druid titles up to the max characters it could fit int chat. then it said the list was too long to list them all