Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Multiquesting No-Drop/Soulbound items

This topic has been closed.
    • 129 posts
    April 3, 2017 11:46 AM PDT

Multiquesting!

Would you like to see this return? I am interested to see how the community feels about this.

Multiquesting is when you have a player who wants a no-drop/soulbound item but only has half of the ingredients required for the quest. It works by having one or more people turn in their quest ingredients first, then having the player who wants the loot item turn in their ingredient last, thus receiving the item.

Largely, I feel that the damage it causes by encouraging others to camp rare spawns and mobs that despawn on item turn in for items they can't use in order to sell to people who can use (IE, be a middle man), outweights any benefits. Little is more frustrating than needing to do a rare mob turn in to a mob that despawns, but it is permacamped by the team of people who log in 'in shifts' so they can hold camp 24/7 and sell the item(s) for ridiculous sums of money. Yet the quest dialogue always only thanks the one player for all of their hard work.

It is an interesting line though, a unique way to exploit the system of 'owned camps' to make money, much like selling loot rights to a mob you just killed. I have used the system, it is convenient at times. Guild events where guild members loot and hold extra loot to turn in with new recruits or guild alts/members later. It was also nice at times to outright buy items (jboots or epic quest loot) instead of doing them, but how does the community feel about this?

The devs have already stated how they want people to recognize items as higher teir, thus their reason to limit item customization, so I wonder how the devs feel about the playerbase using MQ's as a way to twink or sell no-drop loot, most likely of high quality and value. As customization would cheapen the feel of high end loot, so would seeing it on characters that haven't actually earned it without just opening their wallet... Or is that what we want?

Regards,

Rogue

• 8 posts
    April 3, 2017 12:10 PM PDT

/shrug. I don't have an issue with it personally. If it's something like a boss I'd be down for having some kind of a loot lockout. IE: You and I group up to duo a world spawn. We both get our item, but John Doe comes up asking for help and we wait around to help him.  We are locked out from loot (or it's just entirely invisible to us) while John Doe can get his drop.  While it can be irritating I find nothing inhearantly wrong with the concept of MQ'ing.  Now if someone was selling MQ's with bot crews on player auctions or something, that is where I do draw the line. 

• 142 posts
    April 3, 2017 12:18 PM PDT
    • 2886 posts
    April 3, 2017 12:51 PM PDT

Homercles said:

Wanted to try and beat Bazgrim to the link:

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/4266/multi-quested-items/view/post_id/68775

Lol! Touche'

• 129 posts
    April 3, 2017 1:29 PM PDT

Thank you linkers.

• 2752 posts
    April 3, 2017 2:02 PM PDT

No. It's bad for the community and often creates gatekeeper situations/people locking down spawns for sale rather than use. Like the Jboots in EQ. 

• 9115 posts
    April 3, 2017 5:22 PM PDT

Homercles said:

Wanted to try and beat Bazgrim to the link:

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/4266/multi-quested-items/view/post_id/68775

As Homercles kindly pointed out, we already have a discussion on this topic, please continue the discussion in the already active thread instead o f creating a new one please, to avoid this in future a simple search for keywords like "Multi Quest" would have shown this result, I will go ahead and close this one down now.