Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Drinking

• 32 posts
    March 30, 2017 8:51 AM PDT

Is alcohol gonna be in this game ? And if so what is fobar stage like ?

• 3852 posts
    March 30, 2017 1:39 PM PDT

Since the target-market isn't drunk fraternity students and wannabe drunk high school juniors I suspect and hope it won't play a major role. Not that it would take anything away from me if your character could drink himself or herself under the table and see hallucinations for 30 minutes of game time.

• 1303 posts
    March 30, 2017 1:44 PM PDT

The guild i was in used to host drunken newbie races in kelethin from the bank to the orc lift. Fun was had by all. 

• 36 posts
    March 30, 2017 2:44 PM PDT

I hope so, there's nothing wrong with being able to brew some alcohol and knock some back.

• 154 posts
    March 30, 2017 4:11 PM PDT

Feyshtey said:

The guild i was in used to host drunken newbie races in kelethin from the bank to the orc lift. Fun was had by all. 

I remember doing that lol. It was a blast. The GM's sometimes would also drunken events in Kelethin lol and give kewl prizes. Not that many people needed the help of in game booze to fall.

• 154 posts
    March 30, 2017 4:21 PM PDT

The thread just reminded me of something. I once hosted a Great Drunken Mount race, as a recruitment tool for a Guild I was in, From High Pass to Qeynos. While it seemed harmless enough and it was fun. Still it was a wee... bit hazzardous to the contestants lol. They kept running into all sorts of nasty mobs. One of them ran afoul of the werewolf in the Karanas. My Guild and I spent a lot of time playing the role of Body Guards for the racers. Even so, everyone had a great time. Ahh.... I'm missing EQ now. Not many games since had such halarious times.

• 103 posts
    March 30, 2017 5:30 PM PDT

I wish guilds I was in would do drunken events XD

• 11 posts
    March 30, 2017 5:48 PM PDT

I'm all in for in game drinking. Pass the ale this way!

• 1404 posts
    March 30, 2017 7:15 PM PDT

They have Dwarfs, they're going to have to have drinking won't they? 

Just not right to change the lore THAT far.

This post was edited by Zorkon at March 30, 2017 8:46 PM PDT
    • 399 posts
    March 30, 2017 7:20 PM PDT

In eq drinking was a part of the game and you could get drunk rather easily.  You had to build up a tolerance and skill in it. I remember there were quests/events which required a certain level of alcohol tolerance (I can't remember what anymore). Also, the blurred vision and speech was classic!

i hope something like that is in the gamer and that it be used for many things.

• 32 posts
    March 30, 2017 8:57 PM PDT

Didnt you need to get tolerance up with drinking to handle sev the dragon in ej ?

• 1303 posts
    March 31, 2017 4:18 AM PDT

Oh man, I totally forgot about eht xpeask.