Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

The next stream-what would you like to see?

• 168 posts
    March 31, 2017 11:18 AM PDT

nkduff said:

Next Live stream I'd like to see:

Kilsin gaining a level "ding" belly dancing underwater with a Dark Myr female while a halfling Bard plays a version of Diana Ross and Lionel Richie's endless love and then unexpectedly trains a Leviathan into a 30+ raid led by a dire lord Ogre who gets mesmerized by the Dark Myr female who turns out to be a Level 50 siren with atmospheric attributes that reaps a "real" death penalty to the entire raid eliciting a death spiral corpse run of epic proportions.

enough said

• 200 posts
    March 31, 2017 11:35 AM PDT

Katalyzt said:

The one thing I'm hoping for, especially after watching previous streams, is attentive gameplay from the streamer. It seems like past streams (from both Mont and Cohh) have had the players steaming distracted (by the act of streaming I assume), and the gameplay has been a little tough to watch. If the streamer is playing a enchanter, for example, I would like to see consistent mez, slow, buffing, etc...  Or of the streamer is a shaman, it would be nice to see slows, buffs, dots, and then medding, but also be aware of what the group is doing so dots aren't being spammed and mez isn't being broken. I would prefer to see the casters medding while in combat so they have mana when it is needed; the idea of a caster getting in the mix of melee with his/her staff just seems like non-ideal gameplay, in my opinion. I also think the fact that the streamers are somewhat side tracked by streaming ties into the how many wipes we're seeing. 

So in a nutshell, I want to see cohesive group gameplay with more focus on proper combat behavior from all the classes. 

I agree with you. It makes it a bit hard for me at times to watch the streams actually as I am mostly interested in how the classes mesh together and what the flow of combat is like when people are focused. But at the same time I'm perfectly aware I'm crap at multitasking, I'd be a mute if I did what I'm asking for here :D. So that may be just too much, explanations that make sense and super gameplay at the same time. 

I'd love to see more classes in action, more races, more females, amazing views... but I'm curious about everything so I'll be happy anyway :).

• 2138 posts
    March 31, 2017 1:16 PM PDT

Katalyzt said:

The one thing I'm hoping for, especially after watching previous streams, is attentive gameplay from the streamer. It seems like past streams (from both Mont and Cohh) have had the players steaming distracted (by the act of streaming I assume), and the gameplay has been a little tough to watch. If the streamer is playing a enchanter, for example, I would like to see consistent mez, slow, buffing, etc...  Or of the streamer is a shaman, it would be nice to see slows, buffs, dots, and then medding, but also be aware of what the group is doing so dots aren't being spammed and mez isn't being broken. I would prefer to see the casters medding while in combat so they have mana when it is needed; the idea of a caster getting in the mix of melee with his/her staff just seems like non-ideal gameplay, in my opinion. I also think the fact that the streamers are somewhat side tracked by streaming ties into the how many wipes we're seeing. 

So in a nutshell, I want to see cohesive group gameplay with more focus on proper combat behavior from all the classes. 

I cant find it but on a commentary soon after thee last twitch, I think it was Brad, replied some of the Devs playing the characters were not - like - well-habituated in traditional EQ style combat mechanics or roles like some EQ vetrans watching. I think it even made it to the meme forum. and this is understandable as they are working on the guts of the game instead. There'll be plenty fo time  for them to play and get superior in their class, later.

As far as casters medding while in combat- the EQ vet in me would say- while the fight is on, the fight is on. Plenty of time to rest when it is over and sly, unspoken judgments, to those we observe not managing their mana or- as I have heard said to me recently! " haha- manouk ran out of mana like a wizard" as a mage, I was so ashamed I had to med through the next battle with my head low- heh. 

• 2886 posts
    March 31, 2017 2:19 PM PDT

Manouk said:

Katalyzt said:

I cant find it but on a commentary soon after thee last twitch, I think it was Brad, replied some of the Devs playing the characters were not - like - well-habituated in traditional EQ style combat mechanics or roles like some EQ vetrans watching. I think it even made it to the meme forum. and this is understandable as they are working on the guts of the game instead. There'll be plenty fo time  for them to play and get superior in their class, later.

As far as casters medding while in combat- the EQ vet in me would say- while the fight is on, the fight is on. Plenty of time to rest when it is over and sly, unspoken judgments, to those we observe not managing their mana or- as I have heard said to me recently! " haha- manouk ran out of mana like a wizard" as a mage, I was so ashamed I had to med through the next battle with my head low- heh. 

Yeah I really don't care how well the devs or Cohh can play their characters. I'd much rather them actually talk about the features in the game as much as possible, rather than us just watching them silently play. I'm more interested in learning about the game, not judging their dungeon performance. Because when I actually get into the game, the features are what's going to affect me. Not how good Kilsin is at mezzing. (Unless he happens to be in my group lol)

• 103 posts
    March 31, 2017 4:43 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Just as a disclaimer, please understand that we have already planned what we will show off in the next stream and it will be a surprise, these requests may or may not be included but please don't get upset if you post here wishing for something and you don't see it when we stream, as it has already been predetermined and organised before this thread was made, we not only love showing this off to you folks but it is also important that we show off minor things to media and potential investors that the community would typically miss or wouldn't understand the technical work that goes into some of our systems, mechanic and features. :)

As long as you have a great show prepared for us, I'm happy. But nonetheless, a man can dream ;)

• 1434 posts
    April 2, 2017 4:14 PM PDT

What I would like to see is new stuff. Especially new zones, but also new classes and mechanics.

What I don't want to see is time wasted showing the exact same things we've seen in previous streams. While some people, especially the newer followers of the game may enjoy that, many will interpret that as a lack of progress.

• 80 posts
    April 2, 2017 7:01 PM PDT

They already know what I am going to say if they have been paying attention at all but I am going to say it anyway. Summoner that is all. Somehow I highly highly HIGHLY doubt it will be there but hey what the hell right.

• 690 posts
    April 3, 2017 2:26 AM PDT

In depth race mechanics, like statistics and specific racial powers. And either another fleshed out class or more in depth information on how different a class will be for each race that plays it.

• 37 posts
    April 4, 2017 8:38 PM PDT

I would like to see a bit more of a breakdown between classes/races. Specificily the spells, abilities( racials) and limits they have currently. 

• 138 posts
    April 11, 2017 2:10 PM PDT

Bazgrim said:

Manouk said:

Katalyzt said:

Yeah I really don't care how well the devs or Cohh can play their characters. I'd much rather them actually talk about the features in the game as much as possible, rather than us just watching them silently play. I'm more interested in learning about the game, not judging their dungeon performance. Because when I actually get into the game, the features are what's going to affect me. Not how good Kilsin is at mezzing. (Unless he happens to be in my group lol)

I agree that people are not watching the stream to assess the streamers ability to play the game, but I think we would get to see more of the features we are hoping to see if they can become a little more consistent in their group play. Avoiding so many wipes would be nice. In the last stream (I think) when they passed by Thronefast (I think) Brad mentioned that when they were done with their run they could drop back in and show us more of the city. Since the stream ran long due to wipes, we never had a chance to see that. I've never streamed so I don't really know how much harder the games become, but I do watch a lot of streamers and many of them perform at a very high level. I'm all for a few wipes and getting to see the complications involved when that happens, but the mechanics surrounding death and respawning are not in the game yet so it kind of ends up feeling like the stream loses time when it happens. It's not that big of a deal, it was just a thought I've had over the last couple streams. 

This post was edited by Katalyzt at April 11, 2017 2:12 PM PDT
    • 220 posts
    April 11, 2017 2:49 PM PDT
    Just for posterity reasons.
    1. Skar - convince me their physical characteristics (exposed bones) don't look completely awkward.
    2. Lore talk- Long time ago in a stream far,far away justin (I think) mentioned black daggers were changing to black rose. Any update, or bean spilling would be welcome!
    • 159 posts
    April 11, 2017 3:08 PM PDT

I would love to see combat mechanics discussed in more detail. In the videos I've watched combat looks a bit static, basically a matter of not pulling more mobs than you can take, tank aggroing everything, and managing resources as you grind them down. I'd like to know - or even better, to see - if there are things such as active blocking certain attacks, or mob/boss attacks that require you to move to avoid them even if the tank has aggro, that sort of thing. One thing I'll say for ESO, the combat mechanics were brilliant. Heavy attacks from enemies had to be blocked/dodged/shielded or you'd be in for a painful experience indeed. Bosses had numerous AoE attacks that forced DDs and healers to constantly be aware where they were standing and move if necessary. I hope combat in Pantheon will have some similarities with that, making reflexes just as important as tactics.

• 104 posts
    April 12, 2017 2:21 AM PDT
    I've never played a game where you can meditate/eat during combat. My first mmorpg was VG, so no EQ for me. From what I'm reading and watching during the streams is that this will be a thing in PRotf as well. I just have a hard time getting passed the fact that you can sit down in a hectic, bloodthirsty battle and meditate to regen your mana. I know you can balance the game around that and I'll enjoy it either way they choose to go. To me it just makes more sense and immersive to not be able to med during combat and be forced to manage your resources and if you run out of mana halfway through the fight due to not properly managing your mana then guess what? More than likely your group is gonna wipe.

I know you would have to balance combat whichever direction they go. I guess I'm just hoping someone can explain to me why it's better to allow med during combat than to have it only outside of combat. Just the games I've played only allowed it outside of combat. Again I'll get used to it whichever way they go and can see the tactics either way as well. Just used to it being only out of combat.
    • 2886 posts
    April 12, 2017 3:22 AM PDT

Katalyzt said:

Bazgrim said:

Manouk said:

Katalyzt said:

I agree that people are not watching the stream to assess the streamers ability to play the game, but I think we would get to see more of the features we are hoping to see if they can become a little more consistent in their group play. Avoiding so many wipes would be nice. In the last stream (I think) when they passed by Thronefast (I think) Brad mentioned that when they were done with their run they could drop back in and show us more of the city. Since the stream ran long due to wipes, we never had a chance to see that. I've never streamed so I don't really know how much harder the games become, but I do watch a lot of streamers and many of them perform at a very high level. I'm all for a few wipes and getting to see the complications involved when that happens, but the mechanics surrounding death and respawning are not in the game yet so it kind of ends up feeling like the stream loses time when it happens. It's not that big of a deal, it was just a thought I've had over the last couple streams. 

Yeah that's true. It's definitely an acquired skill to be able to multi-task (playing a game with skill and be able to interact with twitch chat in a meaningful way at the same time). And considering VR doesn't stream full time, it doesn't really surprise me. Although granted, even Cohh wasn't playing that well lol, but he's new to the game and I think they were all just trying to answer as many questions as humanly possible. Maybe if they do wipe, they should just GM teleport to the next area they're planning to keep things moving along.

Jadden said: I've never played a game where you can meditate/eat during combat. My first mmorpg was VG, so no EQ for me. From what I'm reading and watching during the streams is that this will be a thing in PRotf as well. I just have a hard time getting passed the fact that you can sit down in a hectic, bloodthirsty battle and meditate to regen your mana. I know you can balance the game around that and I'll enjoy it either way they choose to go. To me it just makes more sense and immersive to not be able to med during combat and be forced to manage your resources and if you run out of mana halfway through the fight due to not properly managing your mana then guess what? More than likely your group is gonna wipe. I know you would have to balance combat whichever direction they go. I guess I'm just hoping someone can explain to me why it's better to allow med during combat than to have it only outside of combat. Just the games I've played only allowed it outside of combat. Again I'll get used to it whichever way they go and can see the tactics either way as well. Just used to it being only out of combat.

It's important to remember that sitting while your group is in combat does not regen mana nearly as fast as if you were out of combat. So you do kinda take a penalty for being in combat. But I could still see an argument for your mana regen being static while in combat regardless of whether you're standing or sitting. That certainly would make you think even more about how to use your mana. But at the same time, I can also imagine that these characters' minds are a lot more honed than ours. Certainly a monk or cleric could have dedicated their lifetime to remaining focused and at peace regardless of whatever chaos is going on around them. That is true meditation. So like you, I don't really mind either way. I've even played games that had no innate mana regen. In DDO, you had to go to a shrine to get mana back and you could only do so once in a while and sometimes there was only 1 shrine in the whole dungeon. Other than that, you had to make sure you brought potions or clickies. It really is just whatever the devs decide to do. I don't think there's a right or wrong way.

This post was edited by Bazgrim at April 12, 2017 3:43 AM PDT
    • 200 posts
    April 12, 2017 3:30 AM PDT
    I can only give my personal opinion on medding and why I liked it Jadden :). I can imagine if you haven't played EQ it seems like a strange thing (and maybe even for those who have played it).

Personally I liked how it made mana a constant thing, slow but steady. It's less reactive, you have to think strategically from the start to the end. There's something peaceful about a messed up pull, adds everywhere, your chanter being pummeled into the ground while trying to pull off some mezzes, and having to contemplate each heal, how, where, whether you'll manage to stretch your mana the whole fight and after a heal sitting down again, anticipating your next move while watching your mana. It's the eye of the storm. I've never had that feeling as a healer that strongly again after EQ, and it has something to do with just the simple act of medding.
    • 104 posts
    April 12, 2017 3:37 AM PDT
    Yeah as I said I'll like it either way. The way you put it tho sounds epic and thrilling way to do it lol.
    • 3852 posts
    April 12, 2017 8:11 AM PDT

What I would like to see is a no-brainer. A discussion of how quickly and smoothly pre-alpha and alpha went and comments about how they can't say when closed beta will start since they don't want any hype yet but a lot of work is being done on it.

Or maybe a discussion of how the dream investor has put $50 million into the game but left almost complete creative control where it is now since things are going so smoothly.

Now whether I *expect* to see either of these things is a different matter entirely but one can hope!

• VR Staff
    • 587 posts
    April 12, 2017 9:44 AM PDT

Dullahan said:

What I would like to see is new stuff. Especially new zones, but also new classes and mechanics.

What I don't want to see is time wasted showing the exact same things we've seen in previous streams. While some people, especially the newer followers of the game may enjoy that, many will interpret that as a lack of progress.

I don't think you'll be disappointed.

• 316 posts
    April 12, 2017 9:52 AM PDT

*shivers*

• 3016 posts
    April 12, 2017 1:24 PM PDT

Dark Myr any class ..and some underwater scenes,  probably too early for that but one can hope. :)

• 59 posts
    April 12, 2017 5:03 PM PDT

oneADseven said: I would like to see some of the advanced NPC behaviors that Zippy has been working on. I would like to see an 8 player group. I would like to see a fair sampling of itemization. I would like to see a real death penalty with no dev rez. I would like to see some sort of interaction with an NPC merchant. I would like to see perception, colored mana, and the living codex discussed in detail. I would like to see a raffle during the stream where players have a chance to win something. I would like to see an interactive session where players tuned into the stream can ask questions about the game. I would like to hear the "ding" sound. I would like to see what the in game atlas might look like. I would like to hear all about how bards have come along way faster than expected and what kind of role they have carved into the quaternity. I would like to see someone equip a new piece of gear or use a spell later in the stream that was acquired somewhere in between. I would like to hear more about the rites of passage, progeny, outposts and the plan for a player driven economy. I would like to receive an email right after the stream with an attached NDA agreement. I figure if I set my expectations super low, there is no way I can be disappointed.

+1

but i would like to see the Dark myr Dire lord

• 483 posts
    April 12, 2017 5:04 PM PDT

For those that are not aware, I saw this on the Pantheon Reditt, https://www.reddit.com/r/PantheonMMO/comments/64yjoz/new_pantheon_live_stream_confirmed_by_cohhcarnage/

Stream's getting close :)

• 72 posts
    April 12, 2017 5:48 PM PDT

As boring as it might sound, I would certain love to see more of the crafting system, as well as, the process of item and harvestable aquisition.  The character creation process would definitly be a close second.

• 2886 posts
    April 12, 2017 5:50 PM PDT

jpedrote said:

For those that are not aware, I saw this on the Pantheon Reditt, https://www.reddit.com/r/PantheonMMO/comments/64yjoz/new_pantheon_live_stream_confirmed_by_cohhcarnage/

Stream's getting close :)

"Next few weeks" is better than nothing. But TWO streams?? Drool. Glad they are bringing Cohh back on board.

Good catch Jp

• 2138 posts
    April 12, 2017 7:15 PM PDT

I saw that as well, Baz! *squee*

This post was edited by Manouk at April 12, 2017 7:15 PM PDT