Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Favorite game sounds?

• 2419 posts
    March 30, 2017 7:33 PM PDT

Radamus said:

Wth that said, what are your favorite sounds in games?

That sickening 'bone crunching' sound you hear when an NPC hit you for a large percentage of your hitpoints, a hit so hard you experienced sympathy pain for what just happened to your character.

The laughing of skeletons as they attacked.

The scream that goblin wizards let loose when they cast spells.

• 1303 posts
    March 31, 2017 4:22 AM PDT

Oh, and that creepy noise the jack o lanterns made in Unrest. Used to set my teeth on edge. 

• 144 posts
    March 31, 2017 5:26 PM PDT

The sounds of buff and beneficial spells being cast. For some odd reason it's almost relaxing. Except for Harvest, that one seems to alarm people, so as Wiz, I usually macro a warning that I'm about to cast it.

Other sounds? No idea why it is so appealing, but the CRACKKK Crack CRACKKKK... sound of my Rogue taking down skeletons was always oddly appealing, and the laugh of the Necromancers skeleton... 

Other than that? The music in Kelethin. The blistering cold wind noises in Velious. The swamp noises in Feerott and Innothule, and the hum in lower guk and the other random noises were always cool to me, and also Nek forest sounds

Lots more really cool nises for sure, but those definitely stand out for me

• 37 posts
    March 31, 2017 10:17 PM PDT

Freeport guards and Druids chasing me to the zone line for being a dark elf. Well better make that everyone haha.

• 2886 posts
    April 1, 2017 8:53 AM PDT

Dkeesling007 said:

Freeport guards and Druids chasing me to the zone line for being a dark elf. Well better make that everyone haha.

But what does that sound like? lol

• 13 posts
    April 4, 2017 11:45 AM PDT

Radamus said:

The night-time sounds in North and West Karana :)  Made it immersive, scary.  I can still hear them in my head as I type this.

• 1303 posts
    April 4, 2017 12:04 PM PDT

Hypnus said:

Radamus said:

The night-time sounds in North and West Karana :)  Made it immersive, scary.  I can still hear them in my head as I type this.

It sounded like the CRRACCKK! that Protalgun described :) 

• 384 posts
    April 4, 2017 1:30 PM PDT

I never listen to music outside the game. Just wouldn't feel right and also why I'm on the same page as many of you when it comes to prefering typing over voice chat (not to derail the thread.) From what's been released I think Pantheon's music will be amazing! Can't wait to crank it up on my headphones and explore!

The first things that come to mind from EQ are the laughing skellies, some of the spell sounds, the quest completion fanfare (bone chips anyone?), the music in Kelethin, and the leveling sound of course. Other than EQ I would have to say the sounds from the Zelda franchise are right up there. So many iconic sounds.