Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What are some sights that you enjoy?

• 200 posts
    March 2, 2017 1:07 PM PST

I love snow. I remember getting Velious, it was one of the best gaming experiences ever, so much snow! Besides that green areas with hills and trees and cottages, lush and pleasant. Like Fazool mentioned, I hope there will be wide open spaces too. 

• 1618 posts
    March 2, 2017 1:18 PM PST

Frozen, rocky mountains

Lakes and waterfalls

Deserts

• 441 posts
    March 2, 2017 1:27 PM PST

Beefcake said:

Frozen, rocky mountains

Lakes and waterfalls

Deserts

I also love frozen rocky areas. I like when MMOs add a little depth to that. Snow making a crunch sound, your avatar has a chilled breath effect, leaving foot prints in the snow and random snowflakes. 

• 1618 posts
    March 2, 2017 2:42 PM PST

Nanfoodle said:

Beefcake said:

Frozen, rocky mountains

Lakes and waterfalls

Deserts

I also love frozen rocky areas. I like when MMOs add a little depth to that. Snow making a crunch sound, your avatar has a chilled breath effect, leaving foot prints in the snow and random snowflakes. 

+1

• 363 posts
    March 2, 2017 2:48 PM PST

Simply amazing screenshots! Makes me eager to explore every facet of Terminus! I am more of an outdoors type when it comes to MMOs. I love the landscapes I have seen thus far. Keep up the incredible work! Please pass along a "Job Well Done!" to the world designers!!!

• 839 posts
    March 2, 2017 5:39 PM PST

Awesome shots man, it's looking so beautiful kils,

Los Tuneles in Galapagos is a pretty magical place to look at above and under water... It really draws you in...

+1 to Patagonia Shai.. Torres del Paine is where I would like to go to die I think... Such a raw, savage and deathly place that can hardly be matched in its beauty

One of my 1st panoramic shots and i broke my short lens the day before so had to make it up with telescopic (from a looooooong way away lol aarg!!)

Also.. I like streams.. I really wish there was another stream in game to see...  All the streams that i have seen in the game are very good.  Of course Kilsin i mean "a small, narrow river" ;)

This post was edited by Hokanu at March 2, 2017 8:41 PM PST
    • 9115 posts
    March 2, 2017 9:41 PM PST

I am really glad you folks like them, I have a bit of help these days and there is two of us taking these shots so I can't take all the credit but it is hard to take a bad screenshot in Pantheon these days :)

@Hokanu - Haha nice mate ;)

• 626 posts
    March 2, 2017 9:46 PM PST

Kilsin said:

I am really glad you folks like them, I have a bit of help these days and there is two of us taking these shots so I can't take all the credit but it is hard to take a bad screenshot in Pantheon these days :)

Need a third? ;)

• 6 posts
    March 3, 2017 7:41 AM PST

I as well love to see towers or man made structures you can see from afar. Ya know it just makes you want to explore there. Since you guys are working with vertical zones how about go the other direction down. Say like a zone who's entrance is a massive pit which goes well down. Rocks to jump across and bridges all slowly desending. I know falling and CR could pose a problem but there could be ways to section the zone so you don't go all the way down if you fall anyway thought thatd be cool. I'd go down there 

• 10 posts
    March 3, 2017 3:36 PM PST

I like deserts and arid areas, rainforests, glaciers, river valleys and fjords for sight seeing. For exploring: Ancient civilization ruins e.g pyramids in VG (Temple of Tehatamani and Nusibe Necropolis). Rainforests with forgotten cities that grow moss or tree cities, like Rainwilds in Robin Hobb's Realm of the Elderling series.

VG Temple of Tehatamani: http://imgur.com/dzVgG5L.jpg
    VG
    Nusibe Necropolis: http://blog-imgs-41-origin.fc2.com/a/s/t/astralfire/NN-named05.jpg
    River
    Valley: http://imgur.com/qD9hb3a

This post was edited by Veltan at March 3, 2017 3:38 PM PST
    • 542 posts
    March 3, 2017 3:59 PM PST

The picture Hokanu posted is pretty lovely.Some sights I enjoy

• 9115 posts
    March 3, 2017 5:04 PM PST

Saicred said:

Kilsin said:

Need a third? ;)

Hahaha I wish I could extend you that offer but unfortunately you will have to hold out for a little while longer :)

• 9115 posts
    March 3, 2017 5:05 PM PST

Veltan said:

I like deserts and arid areas, rainforests, glaciers, river valleys and fjords for sight seeing. For exploring: Ancient civilization ruins e.g pyramids in VG (Temple of Tehatamani and Nusibe Necropolis). Rainforests with forgotten cities that grow moss or tree cities, like Rainwilds in Robin Hobb's Realm of the Elderling series.

VG Temple of Tehatamani: http://imgur.com/dzVgG5L.jpg
    VG
    Nusibe Necropolis: http://blog-imgs-41-origin.fc2.com/a/s/t/astralfire/NN-named05.jpg
    River
    Valley: http://imgur.com/qD9hb3a

Oh the memories man! :)

River Valley....hahaha :D

• 2419 posts
    March 3, 2017 7:41 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Amazing sunsets, beautiful lakes and picturesque landscapes are just some of the views that are common in Pantheon, what are some sights that you enjoy or that inspire you to explore?

For me it is ruins, especially those of races/creatures far far larger than my character.  THe giant staircase that was in Emerald Jungle in Kunark? Then that ancient aquaduct on the way to Sebilis?  Both made me want to know where they went.  That dragon bone bridge in Iceclad Ocean where you crossed over into Eastern Wastes just pulled me into exploring further and further into Velious. 

• 249 posts
    March 4, 2017 1:49 AM PST

While I love mountains (I live in them) I would love to see a wide variety of landscapes in this game.

The Karanas felt hugeee. Grassy plains are a must. Swamps!! Jungles!! Ruins rising out of a jungle always make me think of adventure! As do ruins sinking into a desert. Love sitting ocean side. Cliff's with breaking waves would be awesome. Maybe hide some caves underwater near their base....Alpine forests covered in snow. Rolling hills dotted with hardwoods with Brooks and creeks snaking their way through, scattered throughout with small villages/homes. Waterfalls! Perhaps even underground waterfalls? Bioluminescence could really make certain places magical when the sun goes down, even if they seem ordinary during the day time. A redwood esque forest would be awesome to view. 

• 17 posts
    March 5, 2017 3:44 AM PST

Theses landscapes are amazing. Can't wait to see them by myself!

This post was edited by Kaeril at March 5, 2017 3:44 AM PST
    • 187 posts
    March 5, 2017 6:13 AM PST

They are indeed very beautiful.

One thing that I loved about your images from the ruins with the purple trees is that it looked slightly Unearthly.

All of these beautiful images, breathtaking to be sure, are more Earthly than I wish. I feel like I could come across that while running across the actual Earth where I live, and maybe have, even, given the many places I've lived... Which is not bad, mind you. Earth is magnificent!!

I would really enjoying seeing something that looks Unearthly. That would make me most curious of all. What the heck IS that? Purple trees? A unearthly spire rising into the sky? What?

I will greatly love playing the game and gazing at the beautiful earthy sights, don't get me wrong. Truly magnificent, and incredibly realistic. I just want something to remind me that I'm not in Kansas anymore, Toto.

• 3016 posts
    March 5, 2017 9:03 AM PST

Got any steamy jungle scenes( raptors, gorillas, birds of paradise)...or hows about underwater scenes that include a SNEAK PEAK at the Dark Myr and where they live.    Your screenies of Pantheon are gorgeous as per usual..wouldn't expect anything less.  :)   Good job VR. :)

This post was edited by CanadinaXegony at March 5, 2017 9:05 AM PST