Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Gear Loadouts

This topic has been closed.
    • 17 posts
    February 21, 2017 12:09 PM PST

I have a really basic question and didn't see any other posts on it, though maybe I need to search better. Are there plans to have gear loadouts for different sets? Like if I have a cold weather set can I set it to a load out that I can use with a click or two (provided I have the set on me of course) or do I have to go through and unequip every piece I have then equip the new set piece by piece. In games where there are a lot of situational armor/clothing changes this can get very tedious. So please correct and redirect if this has been covered somewhere.

• 142 posts
    February 21, 2017 12:19 PM PST

I'm not sure of the Quick Load of gear sets, but I do know that we will have limited storage/carrying capacity, and Encumberance will be a thing. So carrying full sets of Situational Gear may be costly when it comes to weight considerations, and inventory management.

• 2886 posts
    February 21, 2017 12:40 PM PST

You will probably find this thread helpful: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/3564/quick-switch-for-gear/view/page/1

This post was edited by Bazgrim at February 21, 2017 12:41 PM PST
    • 17 posts

I remember the encumbrance being a thing so I agree that it doesn't make sense to carry several sets of heavier/combat armor. I would think you'd just keep those in the nearest area's bank. But say I was going to go to a warm area and needed light clothing but I was starting in a cold area. I would think you'd have to carry the gear with you even if you bank it later since you don't get in your swimsuit at the airport when going on a beach vacation for example. Since I remember reading that bank storage space won't be shared (I think?) then it would be a problem if you were to need/want to switch your gear mid travel. Maybe it won't be a big issue or anything. Or maybe you are expected to craft your weather approriate gear in the area and store it there. Just some thoughts.

• 17 posts

Thanks Bazgrim. I'll check that thread.

• 9115 posts
    February 21, 2017 2:54 PM PST

Bazgrim said:

You will probably find this thread helpful: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/3564/quick-switch-for-gear/view/page/1

As Baz kindly pointed out, we have a thread active on this topic, for that reason, this will be closed, please continue the discussion over on that thread and please use the search function prior to creating a new thread as more often than not you will find that your idea/suggestion/question has already been discussed or answered over the years that we have been actively developing Pantheon :)