Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Friends List - Ignore List

• 441 posts
    February 21, 2017 9:29 AM PST

I would like to see this be deeper then adding a char to either list. I would like the option when adding someone to either list to do so account level or char level. When adding a friend on an account level I would like to see a check with the other person if they would like you to have access to account friendship. Also the ignore account would go a long way to dealing with jerks and gold sellers. I would also like to be able to add notes to both friends and ignore lists. So I can remember why I put them their. I also think the list should have no cap. If I want to ignore 200 people, I should have the ability to do so. 

Do you have any suggestions for ignore and friends list? 

P.S. I did a search on this topic and only found one but it said I could not access the thread. 

This post was edited by Nanfoodle at February 21, 2017 9:32 AM PST
    • 626 posts
    February 21, 2017 9:36 AM PST

Agreed - If someone is trolling I'd rather just ingore them at the Account level to limit them from being able to make other characters to spam me with. On this note I am a little concerned with the trial accounts though. I see this as a way for people to make free accounts to use for spam and such. Hopefully this is limited and there ability to interact with the world is limited as well to prevent this. 

As for the Friends list, I completely agree as well. Love being able to add a friend by their Account. This way they and I know when we are on at all times. Even if we on different Characters or Servers and such. 

• 441 posts
    February 21, 2017 9:59 AM PST

With account spaming, thats why when a message is sent to account level it should be met first with a request to make account level friendship. If they are a spamer, right clicking their account you should be able to ignore them on an account level there as well. 

• 626 posts
    February 21, 2017 10:09 AM PST

I mean it could work, however it doesn't solve the trial account issue I mentioned. Just means you going to have to potentially ingore hundreds of trail accounts. 

• 441 posts
    February 21, 2017 10:13 AM PST

Saicred said:

I mean it could work, however it doesn't solve the trial account issue I mentioned. Just means you going to have to potentially ingore hundreds of trail accounts. 

In that, thats no different then any other game but at least you could ignore their account. They would think rolling a new char every few hours would get past people ignoring them but they would be silent if you could ignore them account. Outside that, VR will have to find ways to block gold sellers but giving us tools to deal with them is better then many games that wait months after launch to give their players tools. 

• 219 posts
    February 21, 2017 10:16 AM PST

Saicred said:

15.0.1 So then, whichever model you choose, will I have to spend money up front, before I experience the game for myself?

No, absolutely not. The first 5-10 levels of the game (details TBD) will be absolutely free, with some limitations to throttle potential abuse. Nor will there be a physical box you have to buy (although we are not ruling out the option of purchasing a special, premium box for those who like to have something tangible to go along with their virtual world). We feel strongly that you should have the opportunity to play and experience Pantheon for a time and then decide if the game is right for you before having to pull out your wallet.

@Saicred. It sounds like VR is already taking this into consideration.

• 626 posts
    February 21, 2017 10:19 AM PST

Nanfoodle said:

In that, thats no different then any other game but at least you could ignore their account. They would think rolling a new char every few hours would get past people ignoring them but they would be silent if you could ignore them account. Outside that, VR will have to find ways to block gold sellers but giving us tools to deal with them is better then many games that wait months after launch to give their players tools. 

No don't get me wrong I agree with you, just stating another issue I think needs to be included in this conversation. If you limit the ability of a Trial account. IE - Please can not use Mass Message Chat (Trade, Shout, Yell, Tell, Whisper, etc..) you can greatly limit this IMO. Just allow them to use Say, Group, or even Reply so they can talk to someone if they where Whispered first. This would limit a lot of the Spam from Trial accounts, and still allow the players to experience the game to at safe degree. Once they buy the game these additional features are unlocked.

• 187 posts
    February 21, 2017 10:43 AM PST
    I have a different concern.

I detest the idea of an account-wide friend list. I don't know how many of you are from top tier raising guilds, but that's my concern here.

If that "feature" is implemented, you'll be expected to be account level friended so you can be found. In many guild across various games, I've watched this happen.

The WOW one is the frocking worst. I couldn't be on A DIFFERENT game without, "get over here, we're raiding tonight".

Not to mention in old EQ where one guild find out i has an undisclosed alt. As a cleric, I was mandatory in their minds, which meant total disclosure of all my alts so they could find me at will was mandatory.

There's no way to fudge/ fool these systems, either.

Please, for the love of all that's holy, NO!!
    • 626 posts
    February 21, 2017 10:49 AM PST

Pyde said:

Saicred said:

15.0.1 So then, whichever model you choose, will I have to spend money up front, before I experience the game for myself?

No, absolutely not. The first 5-10 levels of the game (details TBD) will be absolutely free, with some limitations to throttle potential abuse. Nor will there be a physical box you have to buy (although we are not ruling out the option of purchasing a special, premium box for those who like to have something tangible to go along with their virtual world). We feel strongly that you should have the opportunity to play and experience Pantheon for a time and then decide if the game is right for you before having to pull out your wallet.

@Saicred. It sounds like VR is already taking this into consideration.

You know whats so funny. I read this last night, and completely forgot about that line of text haha! Thank you for posting this! I still don't mind giving my opinion on how I think it could be done hehe.

• February 21, 2017 11:09 AM PST

A charr omg go back to gw2 this is D@D bud.

• 142 posts
    February 21, 2017 12:43 PM PST

I agree with Amris on this. I don't want to see an accountwide friend list option. Sometimes you just wanna log on to an alt and mosey around in peace without threat from guild higher ups pressuring you into playing your main for a raid.

Anonimity can be a good thing.

• 556 posts
    February 21, 2017 1:19 PM PST

Homercles said:

I agree with Amris on this. I don't want to see an accountwide friend list option. Sometimes you just wanna log on to an alt and mosey around in peace without threat from guild higher ups pressuring you into playing your main for a raid.

Could simply have an offline toggle like wow does. 

• 441 posts
    February 21, 2017 2:30 PM PST

Enitzu said:

Homercles said:

For a game that is so heavy on teaming, I think an offline toggle would be an awesome idea for the few times you want to hide over the many times people want to find their friends that want to be found. 

• 187 posts
    February 21, 2017 3:16 PM PST

Enitzu said:

Homercles said:

It doesn't hide your characters, so all people have to do is search for your characters. AND an offline mode hides you from EVERYONE.

If I want to have a char unknown to my guild, but known to others of my friends... I'm invisible to everyone OR I'm visible to everyone. With only an "offline or online" mode it's all or nothing all across the board.

Being able to have other chars on my account allows me much more freedom to even have more than one guild without unnecessary drama. "OMG, I heard Amris has an alt over in that leveling guild001! We're not supposed to have alts in another guild!"

People create drama and then the game exacerbates it by forcing me to explain to one guild why I don't want to appear online... then someone in that guild gets mad and tells someone from the raiding guild... then more drama.

I just hate the whole thing. Especially, as I said, when it even goes further to where you can't even be online in a whole OTHER game without taking harassment over it.

I appreciate that a lot of people don't do raiding guilds, but raiding guilds contribute a lot to games. As a cleric, or on my ench, even on my warrior... I sometimes really need to decompress. Making my friend list account-wide and forcing me to have only an offline mode to use to hide from (which forces me to be antisocial when I'm not raiding, or be questioned while I'm offline while I'm online) will just make me go somewhere else to decompress. It would literally force me out of the game at times.

I don't really want that, and I also don't want any of my other fab four players forced to go somewhere else to decompress, either.

• 1618 posts
    February 21, 2017 5:11 PM PST

Ignore account-wide, but not friends.

• 9115 posts
    February 21, 2017 6:08 PM PST

We do have a topic on this already, which is located in the Champion subforum: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/3398/friends-ignore

This one is fine to stay for General members to discuss but please stay on topic and understand that we cannot give any more information on this subject at this stage.

• 200 posts
    February 22, 2017 1:55 AM PST
    I'm not a fan of accountwide befriending, I find it very intrusive. The exception would be if I could hide my presence beforehand, and never show up as 'online' on my account. But I'd simply rather not have it, I prefer befriending people on that specific character and have that name on my friends list. Then you can always decide whether to give them your alt info or not.

I understand it would make it easier to stay in touch with friends on other servers and I know many people really don't mind being contacted at all times but I hate it. I'd rather not have to think about having to appear offline because I want to log on an alt that I'd prefer to keep hidden, just because I like some peace and quiet now and then. But I'll be ok with an offline mode, curious what they'll do with the friends lists :).

Accountwide ignore might be good. I don't use ignore a lot, only for (gold)spammers but I can see how it could be useful. And notes would be great, both with friends and ignore.
    • 610 posts
    February 22, 2017 4:50 AM PST

I would HATE to have account wide friends list, in fact I think you should have to confirm before someone can even add you to their friends list...I have been in groups with some of the most annoying people and they just want to add everyone to their list, Sorry I dont want you being able to keep tabs on me. Account wide ignore I am fine with.

• 556 posts
    February 22, 2017 7:38 AM PST

People seem to think that to be in a successful raiding guild you have to join those with the 'AHMG you can't have a toon in another guild!" That really isn't the case in any game. Majority of the issues on this thread boil down to find a better guild.

If your guild tells you that you can't have alts, cant have alts in another guild, etc etc. and you accept those terms ... then you made your choice. The whole mentality that "to be a good raiding guild this must be" is complete bs. The only guilds that have those standards are the ones that are trying too hard and usually fall very short. 

Adding to friends list = anyone can with no acceptance needed.
    Adding to account wide friends = both must accept.
    Ignore and account wide ignore = no acceptance needed. 

• 308 posts
    February 22, 2017 8:02 AM PST

I am not a fan of account-wide friends list unless you can split them somehow along the lines of allowing adding characters and requiring approval for accounts (like Enitzu said).  There are times i will want some anonymity from my guild and even friends occassionally.  I am definitely a fan of account-wide ignore since it lessens the effect of people making alts to act like jackasses once they realize it affects them across the board - so glad Rift made that change.

• 3852 posts
    February 22, 2017 8:22 AM PST

Account wide ignore - yes. Account wide friends - yes if the target agrees otherwise no.

• 187 posts
    February 22, 2017 8:53 AM PST
    @Enitzu

I'm trying very hard to be courteous as I say this. Expectation of "guild loyalty" for core classes is very common in high end guilds. These classes are often scarce.

Because you do not personally agree or see the reasoning, does not make them bad guilds. It does not mean that people should abandon their guild entirely because of one policy that can easily be overcome by not adding unnecessary account-wide"friendships". It's very, very easy to connect with your friends on other characters, without putting in a mechanic that can become onerous to people who play core classes.

To dismiss this legitimate reason to avoid a mechanic that can cause hardship for core classes with, "well, just abandon your guild and get one that I personally deem worthwhile and good" does not fairly address a very COMMON occurrence.

If we don't want people who actually ENJOY core classes to stay around, then I suppose dismissing or concerns with "screw that, just basil on your guild, then" is a reasonable approach.

As a person who has always played and enjoyed core classes, I'm used to having my concerns ignored.

I'm still going to voice them, though. You never know, someone might hear it someday without dismissing it in such a fashion.
    • 556 posts
    February 22, 2017 9:12 AM PST

Amris said: @Enitzu I'm trying very hard to be courteous as I say this. Expectation of "guild loyalty" for core classes is very common in high end guilds. These classes are often scarce. Because you do not personally agree or see the reasoning, does not make them bad guilds. It does not mean that people should abandon their guild entirely because of one policy that can easily be overcome by not adding unnecessary account-wide"friendships". It's very, very easy to connect with your friends on other characters, without putting in a mechanic that can become onerous to people who play core classes. To dismiss this legitimate reason to avoid a mechanic that can cause hardship for core classes with, "well, just abandon your guild and get one that I personally deem worthwhile and good" does not fairly address a very COMMON occurrence. If we don't want people who actually ENJOY core classes to stay around, then I suppose dismissing or concerns with "screw that, just basil on your guild, then" is a reasonable approach. As a person who has always played and enjoyed core classes, I'm used to having my concerns ignored. I'm still going to voice them, though. You never know, someone might hear it someday without dismissing it in such a fashion.

I understand guild loyalty all too well. If that is indeed the problem for you then I have to ask, why have a character in another guild? Maybe I'm wrong here but it seems to me like you are saying you don't want people to know you have a toon in another guild because you don't want them to feel like you have no loyalty. 

Either way, it's not a question of loyalty. It's a matter of friendship. Just because I choose to have a character in a friends guild to socialize doesn't mean I am not loyal to my main guild/character. Guilds that say otherwise simply have issues. Now if you are hiding on an alt to avoid raids, well then your attendence will show and the guild needs to take action. This whole notion of 'core classes' means nothing. I play strictly core classes, warrior, cleric, chanter, wizard for the most part. So I fail to see the comparisions you are trying to make here. Unless of course you are trying to say you don't want people asking you to play your main at times which is nothing more than a simple "sorry not right now". 

Regardless, if you don't want account wide friends then don't add them. It's as simple as that. But for me, I'd much rather be able to talk to friends on any character, on any server, any time they are on. Without having to /who every toon of theirs or having all 10 toons on a friends list.

• 793 posts
    February 22, 2017 9:20 AM PST

I'd rather not have people able to add my account to their friends list, but I would like MY friends list to be shared across all my characters. So no matter what character I am playing, I have a list of all the my friends, and then could choose to inform them of my alt. 

Maybe even a side note in the listing stating which character a freind was added under, so I would know when sending a tell that the person may not recognize my alts name.

• 626 posts
    February 22, 2017 9:30 AM PST

Amris said: @Enitzu I'm trying very hard to be courteous as I say this. Expectation of "guild loyalty" for core classes is very common in high end guilds. These classes are often scarce. Because you do not personally agree or see the reasoning, does not make them bad guilds. It does not mean that people should abandon their guild entirely because of one policy that can easily be overcome by not adding unnecessary account-wide"friendships". It's very, very easy to connect with your friends on other characters, without putting in a mechanic that can become onerous to people who play core classes. To dismiss this legitimate reason to avoid a mechanic that can cause hardship for core classes with, "well, just abandon your guild and get one that I personally deem worthwhile and good" does not fairly address a very COMMON occurrence. If we don't want people who actually ENJOY core classes to stay around, then I suppose dismissing or concerns with "screw that, just basil on your guild, then" is a reasonable approach. As a person who has always played and enjoyed core classes, I'm used to having my concerns ignored. I'm still going to voice them, though. You never know, someone might hear it someday without dismissing it in such a fashion.

So what your saying is this would make it hard for you to break the rules you aggreed to when joining your guild so you don't want it? Hmm...Just wanted to point out what you are really saying here, as I think it is... "This may require me to be honest, and hold true to my guild commitment I agreed too." Other then your arguement here of it not allowing you to break your guilds rules I'm not sure I see any other downside myself.