Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Valentines Day in Terminus?

• 432 posts
    February 13, 2017 12:25 PM PST

a nice place to cuddle would be... I dunno. Probably a less than reputable place with a lot of pillows and other exhausted revelers. 

*guilty smile*

-Todd

• 333 posts
    February 13, 2017 1:44 PM PST

I need to see player housing first :) * wink wink *

• 159 posts
    February 13, 2017 2:50 PM PST

I get the gist of this thread/question, but I personally detest in game events corresponding to real world holidays and events.  I find them a cheap gimmick to try to fill content holes.  If terminus has a calendar of events that do not relate to (or happen to coincide with) real life holidays, I'm down.  

From the Myr lore: Yet the fateful day of their arrival is marked by mourning, one week prior and one week after. Among the ceremony is a reading from “The Day of Testimonies” a collection of witness accounts to the lamentable day.  

Or a celebration/wake yearly for Rothuk's Exodus

Or the celebration of the anniversary of the speech of souls

Or the Riddle day of Lyone

Etc

This I'm down for, no prob, it's game lore.  This game especially has enough going on to celebrate without the tropes of earth holidays (red suited dwarf giving gifts, annual monster masks for gnomes begging for sweets, hunting pastel rabbits through the elven woods, etc...Bleh).

But, to answer the original question: As my wife tends to view in game versions of real life holidays much the way I do, at a camp of some verminous monsters, decimating their numbers as a duo or with a group of friends would be my answer.

This post was edited by Xilshale at February 13, 2017 2:58 PM PST
    • 2138 posts
    February 13, 2017 3:23 PM PST

Fishing.

and talking (in a RP way)

I would have crafted food and drink to share, and if I was thoughtful- Before hand I would get something lore or part of a quest he was working that I could give as a small gift and if I could not get it in time, maybe a piece of crafted jewelry. The jewelry would not be impresive by any means considering my skill level, but it woud be something just above my skill level- perhaps with a touch of +cha.

and if we just sat quietly we would just sit quietly, and if he wanted to do something, I would help. If he asked me if I wanted help with something, I would say- lets do it some other time.

• 9115 posts
    February 13, 2017 3:37 PM PST

CanadinaXegony said:

Kilsin said:

Since Valentines Day is nearly upon us, where about's would you take your special valentine for a romantic date in Terminus, if given the chance?

I like it ..but could it be named according to Pantheon lore and not Valentine's Day? :)  One other thing..a place to visit for that special day,  a point of interest,  maybe a "Lover's Leap" where you jump together over a waterfall ..(non harmful you just ride the current downstream at the bottom.)   Perhaps some small reward at the end..like flowers, hearts..etc. (those could be clicked on for some fun buff..nothing game breaking.)

This isn't a real thing, it is just fictional CM content like always, just to have fun :)

• 9115 posts
    February 13, 2017 3:39 PM PST

Xilshale said:

I get the gist of this thread/question, but I personally detest in game events corresponding to real world holidays and events.  I find them a cheap gimmick to try to fill content holes.  If terminus has a calendar of events that do not relate to (or happen to coincide with) real life holidays, I'm down.  

From the Myr lore: Yet the fateful day of their arrival is marked by mourning, one week prior and one week after. Among the ceremony is a reading from “The Day of Testimonies” a collection of witness accounts to the lamentable day.  

Or a celebration/wake yearly for Rothuk's Exodus

Or the celebration of the anniversary of the speech of souls

Or the Riddle day of Lyone

Etc

This I'm down for, no prob, it's game lore.  This game especially has enough going on to celebrate without the tropes of earth holidays (red suited dwarf giving gifts, annual monster masks for gnomes begging for sweets, hunting pastel rabbits through the elven woods, etc...Bleh).

But, to answer the original question: As my wife tends to view in game versions of real life holidays much the way I do, at a camp of some verminous monsters, decimating their numbers as a duo or with a group of friends would be my answer.

Again, this is fictional CM content just to have fun, like I do with all my content man, this doesn't mean we will have real world events in-game. ;)

• 1618 posts
    February 13, 2017 3:40 PM PST

Iksar said:

I'd take her to the frozen north, the only place more frigid than she. Ah, a lifetime of "Loading, please wait." 

Must be how my wife feels about me.

• 9115 posts
    February 13, 2017 3:40 PM PST

Great replies folks, and some pretty nice stories! I will have to use a few of these places myself :)

• 159 posts
    February 13, 2017 3:47 PM PST

Kilsin said:

]

Again, this is fictional CM content just to have fun, like I do with all my content man, this doesn't mean we will have real world events in-game. ;)

I get that man, like I said in my opening :p

Soooo, I'd like to ask if we can we take that reply of yours to mean we won't have real world events in game, and instead a living, breathing virtual world with its own holidays; but we all know you can't confirm things not officially ready for release so won't press the issue buddy :)

• 3016 posts
    February 13, 2017 5:16 PM PST

Kilsin said:

CanadinaXegony said:

Kilsin said:

Since Valentines Day is nearly upon us, where about's would you take your special valentine for a romantic date in Terminus, if given the chance?

I like it ..but could it be named according to Pantheon lore and not Valentine's Day? :)  One other thing..a place to visit for that special day,  a point of interest,  maybe a "Lover's Leap" where you jump together over a waterfall ..(non harmful you just ride the current downstream at the bottom.)   Perhaps some small reward at the end..like flowers, hearts..etc. (those could be clicked on for some fun buff..nothing game breaking.)

This isn't a real thing, it is just fictional CM content like always, just to have fun :)

Well this "could" be considered fictional forum goer content...but there are some wishes behind it :D  hehehe

• 9115 posts
    February 14, 2017 1:34 AM PST

Xilshale said:

Kilsin said:

]

I get that man, like I said in my opening :p

Soooo, I'd like to ask if we can we take that reply of yours to mean we won't have real world events in game, and instead a living, breathing virtual world with its own holidays; but we all know you can't confirm things not officially ready for release so won't press the issue buddy :)

Brad has already mentioned several times previously that we would like to do Lore friendly seasonal events based on Terminus and its people, not the real world. ;)

• 45 posts
    February 14, 2017 3:39 AM PST

Kilsin said:

Haha, nice mate, maybe get a GM summons down to the lake or a nice safe city tavern with a view! ;)

Um, the spot isn't the problem... How about GM summoning a woman instead?   I'm not picky.  Seriously.  Undead would work at this point.

~Hiwin

This post was edited by vthorm at February 14, 2017 3:43 AM PST
    • 9115 posts
    February 14, 2017 3:45 AM PST

vthorm said:

Kilsin said:

Haha, nice mate, maybe get a GM summons down to the lake or a nice safe city tavern with a view! ;)

Um, the spot isn't the problem... How about GM summoning a woman instead?   I'm not picky.  Seriously.  Undead would work at this point.

~Hiwin

Lol, I am sure I could conjure something up to help you out mate :D

• 1921 posts
    February 14, 2017 8:21 AM PST

Kilsin said:

Outside at night.  If you squint your eyes just right, you can see the hearts in the moon.  ;)

• 2886 posts
    February 14, 2017 2:23 PM PST

tehtawd said:

a nice place to cuddle would be... I dunno. Probably a less than reputable place with a lot of pillows and other exhausted revelers. 

*guilty smile*

-Todd

The Burning Sanctum could also be a metaphor for my loins after visiting such a place lol

• 363 posts
    February 14, 2017 6:56 PM PST

My wife and I got married in 2009, while I was running around in LOTRO. I bought her an account, to see if she would be able to get into the MMO thing like I did. Man...what an unexpected disaster. Needless to say, my much better half will NOT be joining me in Terminus. {Giant frown}