Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Encounter Lock

This topic has been closed.
    • 333 posts
    February 9, 2017 9:58 PM PST

I did a search , so if this is under something else please redirect.

Is there any thought on encounter locks ? I have been reading various threads and some of them brought up some original problems.

So with that being said , is there going to be a encounter based lock on mobs Ie . I engage the mob with my group first it is "locked" to us and credit is awarded to us on kill ?

The other obvious question , if not then is it going to be based on dps checks like original eq1... alot of us older people remember the 6 wizard burn groups or the Time + flagged wizard that can out dps a raid for kill credit.

This post was edited by Xxar at February 9, 2017 10:31 PM PST
    • 668 posts
    February 9, 2017 11:05 PM PST

I think I remember Brad being asked this question on the Twitch stream with CohhCarnage.  He mentioned they are looking into a system but nothing is 100% decided at this point.  They were going to experiment with different scenarios and see what works best, like group that does most damage etc...  There could be a brand new system for this, up in the air at this point I believe.

• 690 posts
    February 10, 2017 1:46 AM PST

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/4712/about-mob-tagging-stealing

what you are looking for is the word "tagging". Much heated discussion has taken place over whether you should tag individual mobs, camps, etc.

• 9115 posts
    February 10, 2017 2:27 AM PST

BeaverBiscuit said:

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/4712/about-mob-tagging-stealing

what you are looking for is the word "tagging". Much heated discussion has taken place over whether you should tag individual mobs, camps, etc.

As BeaverBiscuit kindly pointed out we have a couple of topics on this already but the one linked above is very active and I would encourage you to read through every page before commenting, I will now close this thread as per the forum guidelines for being a duplicate.

Sometimes it is best to run a few keywords through the search function as people call their posts weird things! But I really do appreciate that you at least tried, thankyou ;)