Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

[REQUEST] Female character model in the next stream?

This topic has been closed.
    • 151 posts
    February 11, 2017 6:27 AM PST

Amris said:

I'm a little let down with the female character "they won't be sexy" business. I'm just hoping that they'll put in some optional "town wear" that allows us to enjoy being a bit sultry. Or even some

I understand why having them 100% sexualized is bad. However, I also feel that also says that female sexuality is negative, that women should not want to look or feel sexy. That, in its own way, is as sexist as making all women sexualized all the time.

So, while I'm excited to see them, I also hope that they'll allow us the freedom later to decide for ourselves whether we want personally to look sexy or not. Some of us are not ashamed of our sexuality.

I think what people are against sexualizing (atleast me) is stuff like armour. Chainmail bikinis and boob-plate, visible stomachs and big cleavage on the female versions of "armour". I have no problem with clothing type stuff being sexy (no ALL of it ofc, there should be choice).

• 521 posts
    February 11, 2017 6:45 AM PST

Youmu said:

Amris said:

I'm a little let down with the female character "they won't be sexy" business. I'm just hoping that they'll put in some optional "town wear" that allows us to enjoy being a bit sultry. Or even some

I understand why having them 100% sexualized is bad. However, I also feel that also says that female sexuality is negative, that women should not want to look or feel sexy. That, in its own way, is as sexist as making all women sexualized all the time.

So, while I'm excited to see them, I also hope that they'll allow us the freedom later to decide for ourselves whether we want personally to look sexy or not. Some of us are not ashamed of our sexuality.

I think what people are against sexualizing (atleast me) is stuff like armour. Chainmail bikinis and boob-plate, visible stomachs and big cleavage on the female versions of "armour". I have no problem with clothing type stuff being sexy (no ALL of it ofc, there should be choice).

Cant we all just get a thong.

• 213 posts
    February 11, 2017 6:49 AM PST

HemlockReaper said:

Youmu said:

Amris said:

You have won this thread! hahahahahahahaha!  A little humor can really lighten the mood.  =)

This post was edited by Gamerchick at February 11, 2017 6:49 AM PST
    • 3016 posts
    February 11, 2017 10:09 AM PST

HemlockReaper said:

Youmu said:

Amris said:

*hands Hemlock a thong*    Enjoy :D And I'm out of here...wasn't bargaining for an anatomy lesson,  (I was a healthcare worker I do have a clue..)  And Kilsin is starting to rumble.   See you folks in another thread. :P

This post was edited by CanadinaXegony at February 11, 2017 12:46 PM PST
    • 432 posts
    February 11, 2017 3:58 PM PST

Hey, isn't this a female human model? Because if it is, WOW I love it. If it isn't I'm even more WOW!! 

+

-Todd

• 151 posts
    February 11, 2017 4:00 PM PST

Kilsin said:

That is a great post and comparison, thank you :)

We only showed off our default Human Female Warrior and Gnome (which is hard to tell for that race), Warriors are tough and wear plate, we even have breast moulds for more comfort for our female Warrior, which would be a luxury in normal combat!

My Female Rogue model in the first two streams was a bit sexier while still being appropriately dressed for her stealthy adventures.

Breast moulds, plate? Kilsin, please for the love of the godesses tell me you are not talking about "boob-plate", I will be SOO severly dissapointed if you guys have decided that should be thing. It is bad for so many reasons, it is just compromising proper historical armour and funcionality for the sake of sexualizing, the only thing boob plate does it lead all those thrusts and arrows towards your neck and kill you.

And what is all this care about seeing if a character is male or female at just a glace? Why is there so much care about such a thing. Is it not a cool thing that a fully armoured plate wearer would be hard to distinguish gender on?

Temmi said:

Second and third pictures have acommodations for boobs. Even the warrior in the livestream had a liiiiiiitle bit of boob room, or so it seemed?

Having armor tailored for women and having some extra space in the breastplate for, well, breasts is different than having egregiously sexualized armor.

It is more that the totally flat ones are wrong, breastplates are supposed to be "buldging" or whatever to call it, even for males.

This guys knows loads of armour, if you guys want to know more I highly recommend him.

A video on breastplates.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vTlDHm4boQ

This post was edited by Youmu at February 11, 2017 4:05 PM PST
    • 9115 posts
    February 11, 2017 4:36 PM PST

Youmu said:

Kilsin said:

That is a great post and comparison, thank you :)

We only showed off our default Human Female Warrior and Gnome (which is hard to tell for that race), Warriors are tough and wear plate, we even have breast moulds for more comfort for our female Warrior, which would be a luxury in normal combat!

My Female Rogue model in the first two streams was a bit sexier while still being appropriately dressed for her stealthy adventures.

Breast moulds, plate? Kilsin, please for the love of the godesses tell me you are not talking about "boob-plate", I will be SOO severly dissapointed if you guys have decided that should be thing. It is bad for so many reasons, it is just compromising proper historical armour and funcionality for the sake of sexualizing, the only thing boob plate does it lead all those thrusts and arrows towards your neck and kill you.

And what is all this care about seeing if a character is male or female at just a glace? Why is there so much care about such a thing. Is it not a cool thing that a fully armoured plate wearer would be hard to distinguish gender on?

No, it is a small raised curve in the chest piece, hardly even noticeable, not actual boob moulds that extend out to accentuate them! :)

• 9115 posts
    February 11, 2017 4:36 PM PST

HemlockReaper said:

Youmu said:

Amris said:

Lol, nice one ;)

• 763 posts
    February 12, 2017 11:46 PM PST

I don't understand how you guys all seem to be missing the big question!

Are my Summoner pets going to be gendered? If so ... will they be gender-locked by type?

This is the important question!! ...
        ... ZOMG Hope you are paying attention Kilsin!!!1!11!one!

Evoras, is waiting for his awesome array of fantastic pets!

• 3016 posts
    February 13, 2017 12:23 PM PST

Evoras said:

Are my Summoner pets going to be gendered? If so ... will they be gender-locked by type?

LOL too funny :D

• 432 posts
    February 14, 2017 8:00 PM PST

Evoras said:

Evoras you can be so adorable sometimes. lol!

-Todd

• 9115 posts
    February 15, 2017 3:27 AM PST

Evoras said:

Now THIS is important, I will get right on it! lol :D

• 219 posts
    February 15, 2017 6:24 AM PST

VR please give us options.

Some of us prefer beautiful very feminine female characters, Some of us prefer rugged female characters, Some prefer strong, Some prefer meek, Some prefer large, Some prefer small, Some prefer to see a bust size, Some prefer to see no bust, Some prefer spiked female hair, Some prefer long flowing golden locks, Some prefer to be fully clothed, Some prefer to be nude ect ect ect

Just give us the options as players.

To be honest this is why I will create Dark Myr characters. I haven't seen the male character model yet but if the in-game females look anything like the character art for them. Im all in ! I enjoy to see skin on my males and females. Maybe this comes from spending years of my life surfing and living in a pair of board shorts. I also love the water and feel at home in the oceean. Hence my desire to play Dark Myr. I see myself attracted to the water. Also on a lore side, I don't see the Dark Myr throwing on an entire set of platemail to take a swim in the ocean. Hence the attire the female character is wearing in the art work. She looks feminine beautiful and outright strong all at the same time. Why throw a big clunky armor set on her and keep her from moving fluidly throw the water. That's like attaching 50-100 pounds on a swimmer and telling them to jump in. Yea some of us stronger swimmers will be able to handle the weight for a while but no way could we for any considerable length of time while out in deep water. ( I'm still assuming that the Dark Myr can water breath / swim. The lore is vague on whether or not they truly lost that ability.)

This is all pretty much a moot point since I'm sure you all are considering this but please allow us some options so I dont have to wear a set of platemail everwhere I go. My work attire comes off as soon as I get home and I still throw on a pair of board shorts and a t-shirt. (I used to do just the board shorts but my 8 year old copies me and runs around the house and outside all the time with no shirt lol. My wife asked I start wearing a shirt so he would) Kids are the best !

P.S. I can play a Dark Myr and battle in board shorts because I will have an awesome cleric thats puts an armor buff on me. Why wear big clunky armor when you have a wonderful cleric buff that does it for you!

• 159 posts
    February 15, 2017 6:59 AM PST

Pyde said:

P.S. I can play a Dark Myr and battle in board shorts because I will have an awesome cleric thats puts an armor buff on me. Why wear big clunky armor when you have a wonderful cleric buff that does it for you!

And instantly this thread turns into why appearance gear is considered a bad idea by many in the community.

• 110 posts
    February 15, 2017 7:18 AM PST

Xilshale said:

Pyde said:

And instantly this thread turns into why appearance gear is considered a bad idea by many in the community.

I'll play devil's advocate and say he's talking about being able to show skin in his fantasy character, and not literally requesting a character wearing modern board shorts. 

• 243 posts
    February 15, 2017 2:31 PM PST

So, you guys are saying that Hiccup's hat wasn't made from his Mom's breastplate?? :P

• 219 posts
    February 15, 2017 2:38 PM PST

Lghtngfan said:

Xilshale said:

Pyde said:

I'll play devil's advocate and say he's talking about being able to show skin in his fantasy character, and not literally requesting a character wearing modern board shorts. 

Thanks Lghtngfan. You are 100% correct. I am most interested in playing the Dark Myr class. So my abilitiy to "dress" my character in a lore sensitive way is imparative. I didn't mean wearing board shorts litteraly. I just meant it in a way that reflects the Dark Myr lore that they come from water / the sea. No water race in any fantasy setting I have ever seen came out of the ocean to greet someone wearing full platemail.

• 2752 posts
    February 15, 2017 3:07 PM PST

Pyde said:

Thanks Lghtngfan. You are 100% correct. I am most interested in playing the Dark Myr class. So my abilitiy to "dress" my character in a lore sensitive way is imparative. I didn't mean wearing board shorts litteraly. I just meant it in a way that reflects the Dark Myr lore that they come from water / the sea. No water race in any fantasy setting I have ever seen came out of the ocean to greet someone wearing full platemail.

But they aren't coming out of the ocean to greet someone, they are coming from the land where they presumably have been for quite some time.

• 9115 posts
    February 15, 2017 3:17 PM PST

Pyde said:

VR please give us options.

Some of us prefer beautiful very feminine female characters, Some of us prefer rugged female characters, Some prefer strong, Some prefer meek, Some prefer large, Some prefer small, Some prefer to see a bust size, Some prefer to see no bust, Some prefer spiked female hair, Some prefer long flowing golden locks, Some prefer to be fully clothed, Some prefer to be nude ect ect ect

Just give us the options as players.

To be honest this is why I will create Dark Myr characters. I haven't seen the male character model yet but if the in-game females look anything like the character art for them. Im all in ! I enjoy to see skin on my males and females. Maybe this comes from spending years of my life surfing and living in a pair of board shorts. I also love the water and feel at home in the oceean. Hence my desire to play Dark Myr. I see myself attracted to the water. Also on a lore side, I don't see the Dark Myr throwing on an entire set of platemail to take a swim in the ocean. Hence the attire the female character is wearing in the art work. She looks feminine beautiful and outright strong all at the same time. Why throw a big clunky armor set on her and keep her from moving fluidly throw the water. That's like attaching 50-100 pounds on a swimmer and telling them to jump in. Yea some of us stronger swimmers will be able to handle the weight for a while but no way could we for any considerable length of time while out in deep water. ( I'm still assuming that the Dark Myr can water breath / swim. The lore is vague on whether or not they truly lost that ability.)

This is all pretty much a moot point since I'm sure you all are considering this but please allow us some options so I dont have to wear a set of platemail everwhere I go. My work attire comes off as soon as I get home and I still throw on a pair of board shorts and a t-shirt. (I used to do just the board shorts but my 8 year old copies me and runs around the house and outside all the time with no shirt lol. My wife asked I start wearing a shirt so he would) Kids are the best !

We will give you folks options, but expecting any race to tank in board shorts will end badly, if a Cleric has a buff that powerful to give you armour then no one else in the game will need it either.

No matter what your race or class is, if you want to tank, you will need the appropriate gear to withstand such large blows and magical forces, no matter where you come from, including the sea. ;)

There is nothing stopping you from taking that gear off to walk around towns, or when you travel, or are relaxing in an Inn but in combat, you will need to dress appropriately or suffer the consequences.

• 1618 posts
    February 15, 2017 3:22 PM PST

That means no wearing white after Labor Day.

• 205 posts
    February 15, 2017 7:54 PM PST
    yeah.. more character models would be awesome BUT improved game play is better imo (IF only one can occur before the stream)
    • 110 posts
    February 16, 2017 6:40 AM PST

Pyde said:

You're welcome ... and it's always good to remember even the most clever sarcasm doesn't translate well to text. No matter how you slice it, it looks literal when it's written down.

And you're right about cultural armor ... I wouldn't expect Aquaman to be dressed in a full plate armor like a knight of the Round Table, even though he is a warrior archetype. In some of the pictures I've seen from the upcoming movie, Aquaman has war paint on his chest instead of the traditional mithril-looking armor, which I can imagine as protective wards.

• 159 posts
    February 16, 2017 7:35 AM PST

Has it ever been stated if we are looking at an EQ type graphics where the same suit of armor will look different depending on the race/gender wearing it or the Vanguard style where the armor looks basically the same (adding or removing a midriff here and there) regardless of the wearer's race or gender (maybe a continent based style like vanguard offered)?

Racial appearance in armor does help "cultural identity" (even tho most games lately with racial armor appearances are asian anime based and fly right out the window in regards to practicality).  I loved in EQ that my plate helm on my de cleric was a skull, it suited the race, whereas it would've looked silly on a gnome.

• 2752 posts
    February 16, 2017 9:26 AM PST

Xilshale said:

Has it ever been stated if we are looking at an EQ type graphics where the same suit of armor will look different depending on the race/gender wearing it or the Vanguard style where the armor looks basically the same (adding or removing a midriff here and there) regardless of the wearer's race or gender (maybe a continent based style like vanguard offered)?

Racial appearance in armor does help "cultural identity" (even tho most games lately with racial armor appearances are asian anime based and fly right out the window in regards to practicality).  I loved in EQ that my plate helm on my de cleric was a skull, it suited the race, whereas it would've looked silly on a gnome.

I've found no comment on that yet. I really hope we end up with cultural/racial armor designs, one of my favorite parts of EQ. 

• 3016 posts
    February 16, 2017 9:34 AM PST

Iksar said:

Xilshale said:

I've found no comment on that yet. I really hope we end up with cultural/racial armor designs, one of my favorite parts of EQ. 

Hoping the same Iksar,  and that we can craft our cultural armor too.  I'd be right on that. :)