Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Betray your race option?

• 3237 posts
    January 27, 2017 11:55 AM PST

Xilshale said:

The shaman races were listed in the newsletter preview of the shaman (ogre,archai, skar)

The Dec stream said flat out race/class combos are in.

Thank you for the info.  Looks like I have some more digging to do to get up to speed on some things.

• 3016 posts
    January 27, 2017 11:56 AM PST

oneADseven said:

CanadinaXegony said:

@OneADSeven   I do remember experimenting with this in EQII and if I remember right..once you betray..you are actually KOS to both sides til you do the work to support your new faction...it made for some rather scarey moments for me..hehe  I did do it however.   I seem to remember hiding out til I got what I needed faction-wise.     This could be for those who want to do it..a challenge, but when you succeed..all the better.  :)   Nothng wrong with trying new things, or trying to be "different."  :)

Yep!  I had the only Troll Paladin I ever saw in Qeynos.  I loved how the guards/citizens/animals interacted with my character differently than they would a natural citizen of Qeynos.  The cats would always take off scrambling out of fear that I would eat them!

Hum ..I have never seen a Troll Paladin,  that's pretty unique.   I might try something like that after release, depending on what the options are.   Also a good thing to test out for the Devs..actually.

• 16 posts
    January 27, 2017 6:47 PM PST

I never really liked being forced to choose a deity at character creation unless I was playing a Cleric or Paladin. Why can't it be something you choose to do later in your character's career?

• 2138 posts
    January 27, 2017 8:50 PM PST

Maybe a twist on an old theme. Considering the natives of Terminus will all be essentially ex-patriots, with merely a memory or a habit of their god, perhaps race-specific rare relics or artifacts could be found or discovered. Or let there be none and have a rumor of relics created  by the natives., but lost with strange arcane powers to the wielder- any wielder.

Instead of raising a sleeper, raise a god- but (chance for environment effect perhaps) beware of what influence it will have or the tenents it will enforce with vengeance (depending on how "strong"  it is based on elements of faith (tribute?) contributed by the people) and how it will effect the lone wanderer even far away from the now holy city. Or player created holy city ( as someone described for guilds, the "people" may create a shrine/temple/ziggaraut depending on their gusto).

the individual worshiper will be blessed or cursed based on their actions in their adventuring- think if seperate from, but like faction.

Small shrines radiating out from the holy city showing influence or asd carriers amplifiers of influence that can decay throughlack of use/faith and likewise be re-generated.

Perhaps a meta game of influence that covers a geographical area- with overlapping areas of influence depending on how the gods get along or how they are rigidly defined if he gods decide not to get along or are at war. The individual exercising an infraction ( killing humans, say) would be slightly hindered or impacted (-1 cha or something)- would be blessed under the influence of a distant shrine, but because of the personal mark, be not as blessed - i.e. cure disease removes only 6 tics instead of 10. Likewise the pious- good or evil- would receive jaw dropping benefits and likewise, Jaw-dropping (eye-cringing?) punishments. a real player dilemma shoud they decide to follow for those jaw dropping benefits/spells

Someone commented on another thread abouyt slaying gods and how odd that was and I mentioned an idea on how to change religions, there based on the OPs; idea.

• 169 posts
    January 28, 2017 12:11 PM PST

Manouk said:

Maybe a twist on an old theme. Considering the natives of Terminus will all be essentially ex-patriots, with merely a memory or a habit of their god, perhaps race-specific rare relics or artifacts could be found or discovered. Or let there be none and have a rumor of relics created  by the natives., but lost with strange arcane powers to the wielder- any wielder.

Instead of raising a sleeper, raise a god- but (chance for environment effect perhaps) beware of what influence it will have or the tenents it will enforce with vengeance (depending on how "strong"  it is based on elements of faith (tribute?) contributed by the people) and how it will effect the lone wanderer even far away from the now holy city. Or player created holy city ( as someone described for guilds, the "people" may create a shrine/temple/ziggaraut depending on their gusto).

the individual worshiper will be blessed or cursed based on their actions in their adventuring- think if seperate from, but like faction.

Small shrines radiating out from the holy city showing influence or asd carriers amplifiers of influence that can decay throughlack of use/faith and likewise be re-generated.

Perhaps a meta game of influence that covers a geographical area- with overlapping areas of influence depending on how the gods get along or how they are rigidly defined if he gods decide not to get along or are at war. The individual exercising an infraction ( killing humans, say) would be slightly hindered or impacted (-1 cha or something)- would be blessed under the influence of a distant shrine, but because of the personal mark, be not as blessed - i.e. cure disease removes only 6 tics instead of 10. Likewise the pious- good or evil- would receive jaw dropping benefits and likewise, Jaw-dropping (eye-cringing?) punishments. a real player dilemma shoud they decide to follow for those jaw dropping benefits/spells

Someone commented on another thread abouyt slaying gods and how odd that was and I mentioned an idea on how to change religions, there based on the OPs; idea.

I like your ideas.

I think in addition it would be fun to have your god curse you if you god against his tenets.  They also might stright you in some way depending on the god and how evil they are.  For instance a nature god might strike you with lightning.  

This could go along with the idea of possible changing deities.  If you choose to go against your gods tenets you might suffer for a long time, but eventually you might be able to change deity with a lot of hard work and dedication.  Then the curse would be removed.  

Curses could include lycanthropy, vamprisim, attribute loss, speed loss, gender change, etc.

• 159 posts
    January 28, 2017 12:25 PM PST

UnknownQuantity said:

Curses could include lycanthropy, vamprisim, attribute loss, speed loss, gender change, etc.

Lol I can see the words SJW MODE TRIGGERED flashing across some ppls eyes over that part.  Lol 

• 169 posts
    January 28, 2017 12:40 PM PST

Xilshale said:

UnknownQuantity said:

Lol I can see the words SJW MODE TRIGGERED flashing across some ppls eyes over that part.  Lol 

This could be a punishment or a pleasure for either sex I suppose, but it's more of a humerous curse.  I would think that you want to play as the sex you chose at character creation.  Because of that having a curse that changes your sex would likely be something you don't like.  :)

• 3016 posts
    January 29, 2017 11:45 AM PST

Kilsin said:

Folks lets keep real life religion out of this discussion, it is not a basis to form an argument for in-game fantasy gods, many people have different thoughts on the real life religious topics so lets keep them out of our game.

You know the rules, no real life religion or politics in our fantasy worlds! not even as a reference or comparison, we play these games to immerse ourselves and escape the real world, so lets leave it outside where it belongs.

I escape the real world every time I visit Pantheon's site...guess that will have to do for now..til the REAL THING happens hehehe  Waiting on my fantasy, virtual word..coming to a PC near me. :)

• 18 posts
    February 1, 2017 9:03 PM PST

Homercles said:

With all the many factions that are planned for the game, I imagine you can betray your own race just by killing your towns guards/citizens. Kill enough, your faction drops to Kill On Sight. Race betrayed.

This is how EQ worked for the most part.  Kill your own race and your faction drops with them.  You can build with others.