Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Lower level raid?

• 6 posts
    December 20, 2016 7:51 AM PST

As an EQ player since 2002, I'm just finding out about Pantheon and I feel sooo behind.  Idk the best place in the forums to post possible ideas and what not.  Have followed a lot of the streams so far and am trying to catch up.  Just woke up this morning thinking.. the crawl to level 60(if that is that max?) will/should be a big challenge alone from my assumptions.  What if there were 1 or 2 lower level raids that could get players a true feel and understanding of what comes later and how EPIC the journey can and will be?  So for instance maybe a 30 man level 30ish raid to begin, that would absolutely require a rather complex trial to achieve an item of Acclamation (essentially an attunement/achievement reward) just to be able to be a part of this raid.  And then possibly another mid level raid, with X # of player at level 40ish or heck, maybe even 80 players and it would maybe take 2 guilds to form up with tons of communication and Acclamation verification to be prepared for; and, will NOT be able to do the raid without all this preparation; for it will provide very nice rewards for all its communicable organizaiton and dedication.  I hear some of the developers talking about how they want all levels to be important in Pantheon, and that is SUPER important to me.  I absolutely cannot wait to mentor / cut my level down to go and help a friend ESPECIALLY being rewarded for doing so.  I loved every bit of EQ from level 10 to level 65 and I always want to be able to go back and find things I didn't find when I was there before in any zones/dungeons etc.  I'll never stop saying KEEP UP THE AMAZING WORK I have seen so far with this game.  I am so beyond excited to become a part of Terminus, am glad I can still get sleep at night after all the excitement wears me down!  This is one idea I had and I'm sure it's already been thought up and sorted through.  It's more a question of can it happen rather than me planting an idea. 

Thank you for consideration,

~Vexenar

• 2886 posts
    December 20, 2016 8:15 AM PST

Hey Welcome, and feel free to post this sort of stuff in General Discussion!

Anyway, 50 will be the max level. And yes as you said, it's been very clearly stated many times that Pantheon won't just be a rush to max level where you then mainly grind raids for gear. There will be multiple impactful things to do at every level range. So the journey is just as or more important than the destination, so to speak. Brad said in the last stream this includes probably having some lower level raids.

I liked the fact that there were several low/mid level raids in DDO. I expect to see the same idea in Pantheon.

• 6 posts
    December 20, 2016 8:18 AM PST

Thank you for the reply!

I expect Epic at any time in this game from what I see especially with the Atmosphere System.  It will always have challenge and I love that.  I suppose time will tell =)

• 1860 posts
    December 20, 2016 10:25 AM PST

They have said there will be low to mid level raids.  We don't know exactly how higher level players will be "locked out" of participating.  Also, I would like to know how they plan on itemizing the mid level raid rewards so that people wouldn't rather keep leveling and get rewards from higher lvl raids/content sooner.  Will there be a bunch of items with clicky effects that are usable at high lvls that you can only attain in a certain level range in those raids? 

• 6 posts
    December 20, 2016 9:33 PM PST

Feel like the Lore itself should inspire people to want to do it, but at the same time yes I think some reward that could highly benefit the higher level later in the game as well such as an even better or foreign acclamation item or affinity, or just in general an item or spell that will succeed a path to the late game.  Even an ability or spell which almost causes a demand for at least 1 of the lower raids, just to get players really prepared for what comes next.  I don't know how it would all work out but I think if it's done even close to well enough, it will be well worth having the raid(s) in the game for the developers to learn from, get some quick lore in, and for the players to develop themselves in the game.