Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Mohawks for Everyone!

• 1618 posts
    December 10, 2016 8:55 PM PST

Please, please let every race have a mohawk hair option. Not a fauxhawk, but a real Mohawk. completely shaved sides and tall hair. I like this on all my toons. 

• 2886 posts
    December 10, 2016 9:24 PM PST

Every race? Please no. Character customization options should make sense for the lore of that race. So it might make sense for some of them, but it would look absolutely ridiculous and break immersion to see an Elf with a mohawk, for example.

• 316 posts
    December 10, 2016 11:13 PM PST

Bazgrim said:

it would look absolutely ridiculous and break immersion to see an Elf with a mohawk, for example.

Yes.

Let's see, for mohawks..

Dwarves

Skar

Ogres

Humans (maybe limited to alignment..)

Some Dark Myr?

Halflings

Bards

Cover it? This is a very important thread! Edit: Can I get rid of the extra space between lines?

This post was edited by Alexander at December 10, 2016 11:16 PM PST
    • 9115 posts
    December 11, 2016 1:57 AM PST

Alexander said:

Bazgrim said:

it would look absolutely ridiculous and break immersion to see an Elf with a mohawk, for example.

Yes.

Let's see, for mohawks..

Dwarves

Skar

Ogres

Humans (maybe limited to alignment..)

Some Dark Myr?

Halflings

Bards

Cover it? This is a very important thread! Edit: Can I get rid of the extra space between lines?

You can hold "Shift" while using "Enter" or "Backspace" to stop the double spacing, hopefully, we can get the new forums ready soon and this will be a non-issue, it drives me crazy too! :)

• 624 posts
    December 11, 2016 4:19 AM PST

@Alexander - You crack me up!  Mullet, not Mohawk for Bards, as great hair is essential for troubadours.  We are lovers, not fighters (*winks*)

• 1618 posts
    December 18, 2016 3:33 PM PST

Bazgrim said:

Every race? Please no. Character customization options should make sense for the lore of that race. So it might make sense for some of them, but it would look absolutely ridiculous and break immersion to see an Elf with a mohawk, for example.

Immersion is so subjective. Here are some Elven Mohawks that I do not find immersion breaking.

This post was edited by Beefcake at December 18, 2016 3:36 PM PST
    • 633 posts
    December 18, 2016 4:02 PM PST

Gnome with a mohawk...

• 1618 posts
    December 18, 2016 4:11 PM PST

With traditional Gnomes, yes. However, since current Gnomes are attached to masks, their mechanical bodies would need to have them. Not sure how that will work.

• 1778 posts
    December 18, 2016 6:00 PM PST

I prefer the double mohawk!

• 1618 posts
    December 18, 2016 6:03 PM PST

Why not go for triple Mohawk.

• 148 posts
    December 19, 2016 6:13 AM PST

Not one of those pictures are of a mohawk. First picture is spiked hair, second is spiked with a flip, third is corn rows, and fourth is just swept to one side.

Having part of your head shaved does not make a mohawk

• 2886 posts
    December 19, 2016 9:19 AM PST

jimm0thy said:

Not one of those pictures are of a mohawk. First picture is spiked hair, second is spiked with a flip, third is corn rows, and fourth is just swept to one side.

Haha exactly! The original post even said "tall hair." It actually makes a bigger difference than most people would think. For example, how would they keep that hair up? Don't tell me there's hair gel or hair spray in Terminus. To me, the tall hair is what looks ridiculous and breaks immersion in a high fantasy game. Just shaving the sides of your head is a little more believable.

• 556 posts
    December 19, 2016 12:12 PM PST

Elves couldn't have a mohawk without going against all lore behind them. 

Now dwarves, halflings, ogres, skar, and of course the psychotic gnomes could all have them. Maybe Dark Myr. Haven't read much on their lore so not sure. 

• 1618 posts
    December 19, 2016 1:37 PM PST

What lore in Terminus states that Elves cannot have Mohawks? Big stretch there.

• 172 posts
    December 19, 2016 4:38 PM PST

I pity the fool that doesn't make an elf with a Mohawk!

• 2886 posts
    December 20, 2016 6:29 AM PST

Enitzu said:

and of course the psychotic gnomes could all have them.

I would agree if it weren't for the fact that their bodies are ethereal. Can we even assume they'll have any hair? From what we've seen they're always wearing hoods.

• 28 posts
    December 20, 2016 12:34 PM PST

Bazgrim said:

Why?

Because it violates your idea of how an Elf would wear their hair?

Why does your thinking that no Elf would ever have a 'hawk have more weight than my belief that my Elf would most certainly wear his that way?

It's hair. Each player should be able to do whatever they want with it. 

It breaks your immersion if you see and Elf with a mohawk. It breaks my immersion if my Elf can't wear one. Why should your immersion trump mine?

--Gray

This post was edited by gray808 at December 20, 2016 12:36 PM PST
    • 28 posts
    December 20, 2016 12:35 PM PST

Enitzu said:

Elves couldn't have a mohawk without going against all lore behind them. 

What lore bible are you using?

--Gray

• 3016 posts
    December 20, 2016 1:13 PM PST

Beefcake said:

Please, please let every race have a mohawk hair option. Not a fauxhawk, but a real Mohawk. completely shaved sides and tall hair. I like this on all my toons. 

OPTION only would prefer hair styles that fit with the lore and such ..maybe mohawks on a pvp server? :D  hehehe

• 3016 posts
    December 20, 2016 1:16 PM PST

jimm0thy said:

THIS...A  mohawk is a tall brush style on the top of your head (stands up doesn't flop)   with sides shaved.

• 3016 posts
    December 20, 2016 1:17 PM PST

Beefcake said:

With traditional Gnomes, yes. However, since current Gnomes are attached to masks, their mechanical bodies would need to have them. Not sure how that will work.

Pantheon gnomes are made up of energy...they wear masks and clothing,  haven't seen any hair on their heads thus far,  could always build a mask with a REAL mohawk..I suppose.  :)

• 1618 posts
    December 20, 2016 1:28 PM PST

CanadinaXegony said:

jimm0thy said:

THIS...A  mohawk is a tall brush style on the top of your head (stands up doesn't flop)   with sides shaved.

When I used to have my Mohawk, I would often let it flip down, like the last picture. I dont need to be gel spiky all day, every day.

Many of the ladies I see around do it the same way. The head is shaved correctly to give you the option of spiky or flipped to the side. You choose how to where it depending on the day.

• 3016 posts
    December 20, 2016 1:39 PM PST

My father had a mohawk briefly in the mid 1950s...it stood straight up and followed the curve of your skull back to your neck.   That was a mohawk...not sure what the current rendition pretends to be :P  And I believe all they had in those days was "brylcream"   no gel hehehe.

• 1618 posts
    December 20, 2016 1:56 PM PST

I guess some people like to get dressed up all day and spend time doing there hair. For me, I only spiked it up when I cared how I looked. The rest of the time, I just let it flop down.

• 3016 posts
    December 20, 2016 2:50 PM PST
    "Iro" redirects here. For other uses, see IRO (disambiguation).

A young man wearing a mohawk

Paratroopers of the 101st Airborne Division in 1944

Cossack musician with chupryna or oseledets

The mohawk (also referred to as a mohican) is a hairstyle in which, in the most common variety, both sides of the head are shaven, leaving a strip of noticeably longer hair in the center. The mohawk is also sometimes referred to as an iro in reference to the Iroquois, from whom the hairstyle is derived - though historically the hair was plucked out rather than shaved. Additionally, hairstyles bearing these names more closely resemble those worn by the Pawnee, rather than the Mohawk, Mohican/Mahican, Mohegan, or other phonetically similar tribes. The red-haired Clonycavan man bog body found in Ireland is notable for having a well-preserved Mohawk hairstyle, dated to between 392 BCE and 201 BCE. It is today worn as an emblem of non-conformity. The world record for the tallest mohawk goes to Kazuhiro Watanabe, who has a 44.6-inch tall mohawk.[1]