Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Could someone send him a link to the Pantheon pledge tiers?

• 188 posts
    December 10, 2016 12:24 PM PST

http://kotaku.com/guy-steals-1-million-from-work-spends-it-on-bad-video-1789892222?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

When I think of the number of talented MMO developers out there who are trapped making cash shop mobile games, I cry a little on the inside.  

• 563 posts
    December 10, 2016 7:52 PM PST

Wow that's hilarious! I don't get how people can put money into mobile games :S

Maybe it was the money he spent that helped fund those commercials lol.

This post was edited by Rachael at December 10, 2016 7:52 PM PST
    • 595 posts
    December 10, 2016 7:58 PM PST

Haha, seriously...

I'm not one to tell people how to spend their money...Oh wait, it wasn't his money.  Never mind.

• 1468 posts
    December 11, 2016 5:59 AM PST

The only reason I know anything about that is game is because it had a rather attractive female on their TV adverts. Apart from that I have no idea what that game is actually meant to be. Then again I have never (and I really do mean never) bought a mobile phone game. I just don't see the point. I can't imagine them being very fun. The only time I've really played games is when you used to get Snake on the old Nokia handsets before smartphones were really a thing.

• 208 posts
    December 11, 2016 8:43 AM PST

That is absolute insane. I could understand if that million went to crowd funding a game such as Pantheon, but for microtransactions? Crazy.

• 188 posts
    December 11, 2016 10:13 AM PST

I haven't played any of these games either.  I'm just trying to wrap my head around what exactly 1 million dollars is supposed to buy you in game.