Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Sucked back in to Skyrim.

• 1778 posts
    November 6, 2016 6:47 AM PST
    Damn you Bethesda. Playing this really re-enforces
    How much of a waste of resources ESO has been. But what ever. I haven't put down Skyrim in days so it's all good.

Also I forgot how challenging playing a knight type character is. Stamina is my biggest issue but I'll solve that soon enough with some enchantment. But aside from that Legendary mode is a *****. So occasionally a Master Vampire or Ice wizard or something will show up and I'll take a dirt nap lol. It's pretty hilarious sometimes. Just trying to capture that Dark Souls feel I guess.

Hmm what would it look like if Dark Souls and Elder Scrolls had a baby?............. yep I'd never leave home.
    • 563 posts
    November 6, 2016 10:09 AM PST

I just got Skyrim special edition a few days ago and I'm really looking forward to hopping back into it with better graphics, but I'm currently absorbed in World of Final Fantasy though! :P So many games to play this fall :D

A Dark Scrolls or Elder Souls would be awesome!

This post was edited by Rachael at November 6, 2016 10:10 AM PST
    • 172 posts
    November 7, 2016 5:57 AM PST

ESO was really not a waste of resources.  Especially compared to now from when it was launched.  I play it almost every day and i think it will be the game i play until pantheon launches.

You have to remember ESO is an MMO set in TES lore.  NOT another TES game in the franchise of single player RPG games.

This post was edited by Aayden at November 7, 2016 5:58 AM PST
    • 1778 posts
    November 7, 2016 7:57 AM PST

Hey man, no offense intended, to each their own. Im glad you can enjoy ESO but I tried 2x and just couldnt do it. But with this new version of skyrim this makes I dont know how many hundreds of hours and the like 10th new character? The only games that have come close to the amount of hours Ive put into Skyrim are other TES series games and the Souls/Bloodborn games. I guess Im just butthurt we didnt get a ES6 sooner.

@Rachael

Like the sound of that. Dark Scrolls! 

• 578 posts
    November 7, 2016 12:57 PM PST

My hopes for TES6 is that they introduce some form of multiplayer. It doesn't have to be anything crazy, I'd be thrilled just to have 2 player co-op but anything more would be icing on the cake.

My second wish is that they overhaul and reform the entire combat system. For a game that revovles HEAVILY around it's combat, it is still too damn simplistic for me. I feel like Skyrim was a step backwards in ways from Oblivion. I sort of liked the favorites wheel in Oblivion where you could hotkey 8 or however many spells/skills and bring them up with ease. In Skyrim you had to favorite your stuff and then pause the game just to sift through everything you favorited. Even if they don't want you to hotkey 10 spells where when you hit that hotkey it automatically casts the spell for you, I'd still be happy to have hotkeys where hitting the hotkey at least equipped its respective spell/skill and then you had to cast it. But pausing the game to sift through your favorite spells and weapons detracts from the experience for me and imo was a step backward from Oblivion.

Combat was a really big problem for me with Skyrim and I didn't play it as much as I did Oblivion and nowhere near as much as Morrowind. So hopefully something happens with it in TES6...Valenwood. ;-D

My question to yous who have played the remastered edition and who also have played the PC regular version of SKyrim but heavily modded. How do the graphics of the remastered version compare to a heavily modded PC regular SKyrim edition? I don't know if I want to update my PC game or not with losing access to numerous mods.

• 172 posts
    November 7, 2016 9:31 PM PST

Amsai said:

Hey man, no offense intended, to each their own. Im glad you can enjoy ESO but I tried 2x and just couldnt do it. But with this new version of skyrim this makes I dont know how many hundreds of hours and the like 10th new character? The only games that have come close to the amount of hours Ive put into Skyrim are other TES series games and the Souls/Bloodborn games. I guess Im just butthurt we didnt get a ES6 sooner.

@Rachael

Like the sound of that. Dark Scrolls! 

well i didnt mean to sound for me to be offended im not ahha.  But everyone seemed to think it was a waste of effort an resources because they didnt get what they were expecting.

TES6 is in the works from what i understand as well.

• 2886 posts
    November 9, 2016 1:22 PM PST

I loved Skyrim. Such an amazing game - and that's an understatement. Not really sure why I stopped played, tbh. I wouldn't be surprised if I relapse some day. I was a beta tester for ESO and it was fun at first but got very mediocre, very quickly.

• 1778 posts
    November 10, 2016 8:05 AM PST
    Noobie. I can't really answer your question as I always play vanilla. The remastered version looks better for sure, but I don't really mod.
    • 563 posts
    November 10, 2016 8:13 AM PST

I personally havent played it for PC (even though I have it lol) so I can't really say anything about mods, but I'm sure with mods you can make it look better than the Special edition.

That being said I'm pretty sure the special edition for PC is 64 bit and because of this will be able to take advantage of much more ram allowing you to run even more mods :P

• 578 posts
    November 23, 2016 10:21 PM PST

Yeah, I can update on my PC for free but not sure if I want to yet. Some of the best mods aren't updated yet and I really enjoy the game with those said mods. But once they are updated, it should be a nice shiny heck of a game. Rachael you really need to try the PC version heavily modded, SO much goodness to be had. :)

• 1468 posts
    November 28, 2016 1:09 AM PST

Amsai said: Noobie. I can't really answer your question as I always play vanilla. The remastered version looks better for sure, but I don't really mod.

You really should. Mods add loads to the game. If nothing else you should at least install the bug fix mod as it fixes loads of problems with the base game that Bethesda never patched and makes the game feel so much better. No more quests that bug out on you. I got about 70 hours into the main game on my first play through and got to a quest I just couldn't complete because of a bug. So I installed the bug fix mod and started a new game and everything has been fine.