Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Multi-Quested items?

• 157 posts
    April 3, 2017 6:55 PM PDT

Multiquesting was an accident.. There's no reason it needs to exist. If they want quest items tradable / sellable, make them tradable. If they want players to have to go through the motions to earn quest rewards, then MQ'ing shouldn't be a thing.

Worst case scenario: A guild is finishing someone's epic with a tough boss kill that requires a complex, difficult encounter that has taken weeks to prepare because there was a long wait list for the spawn across the whole server or whatever. In the middle of the kill alongside 25 guild members, the player on the quest disconnects - Internet Down - can't get back in - Mob dies - NoDrop quest peice - About to rot - No multiquesting - Cue sad song.

• 2419 posts
    April 3, 2017 7:16 PM PDT

vjek said:

Personally, I see drop rates of 0.01% [not 1% (1 in 100), not 0.1% (1 in 1000), but 0.01%] as being the root of the problem that drives people to MQ'ing.  If I have to loot 10,000 times to get a chance at something?  Sorry, but that's too rare.  I see no value in that level of grind and punishment.  It's also why I'm a big proponent of upgrade currency and an LDON type loot/gear system for Pantheon, at launch.

Drop rates are not based upon the individual but the collective.  If it were just you in the game, sure, drop rates in the 1-10% (or higher) should be expected. For something to be rare, when potentially thousands of people can be trying to get something at the same time, drop rates must be in the ranges you do not like otherwise, statistically, there will quickly be thousands of those items in the game and thus no longer rare.

I disagree with your assessment that it is the drop rates that lead to the proliferation of multi-questing.  It is only well after that content was relegated to trivial status after several other expansions that allowed a single group to mass-murder their way through a dungeon to get said items en-masse that you then see advertising on this scale.  When Velious was new? Only if a guild was greed-rolling because everyone already had that bracer mold that drops every raid.  Weeks before Luclin expansion?  A number of people selling pieces here and there.  After PoP or GoD?  Yeah, ToV was group level easily and basically abandonded.

• 333 posts
    April 3, 2017 8:43 PM PDT

NO MQ or buy back recharges !

• 319 posts
    April 4, 2017 9:48 AM PDT

Multiquesting is an exploit. It enables a high level player the oppurtunity to camp a spawn and deprive others from the ability to aquire the items they need for a certain quest. A money maker if you need to call it that. I can remember in eq when jboots were a drop in Najina. I camped it one night with a guild and never got the item. there were 5 of us and the drop was a rare drop. 3 of the group got boots before me and I was next. after 5 poison earings we killed the spawn and the member who was after me dropped out of the group before It was looted but somehow was able to loot it. He said the boots were not there and left the area . he was an officer and we were not able to see what he looted because he was not in the group anymore. very soon the group broke up. a few days later this mage had jboots. wow.I know this has nothing to do with multiquesting but you can see the effect cheaters can have on some people. This mage soon left the guild and noone in guid ever said why but I knew the reason was noone trusted him anymore. very soon after that they changed the jboots to quest item. My warrior never got them but it didn t matter. he went to alt status to make room for my druid. But  I still think multiquesting is an exploit and has no place in a game designed for social players  only for greedy players.

• 1584 posts
    April 4, 2017 10:42 AM PDT

Feyshtey said:

torveld said:

Pyye said:

I would not like to see MQ'ing available in Pantheon.  I would like to believe a character will have a long, meaningful journey in Pantheon, and simply getting a key piece from somebody else to bypass a part of the journey does not make sense.

I guess I don't understand why you hold quest items to be more sacred than gear. Why is it bad to buy a quest item but it is not bad to have gear that would otherwise be unattainable at your level? Isn't getting a lvl 50 sword and wearing it your entire life bypassing part of the journey as well?

If the quest item is droppable it's no different at all. If the quest item is no drop it's quite obviously intended that you attain that thru attending the associated encounters. There needs to be some content that is gated by the requirement to attend, or no items have significant lasting meaning. But not all items can be that, and not all items should. To do so would cripple any in game player driven economy, which is an aspect of play many (myself included) find to be critically important. 

I'm fine with certain quests able to be MQ'ed like small quests and such that can give you a lil bit of gear or something, but if your talking about Epic quests, EQ CoV, Coldain, KD gear than no way these are such huge steps in development of your character back than that they should have to be attained by you and only you no exception, and this isn't only an exploit to the person buying these items to advance theselves well past where they should be but also is an exploit to people wanting to box heavily and sell these items for a ton of money, which i find to also be unfair, their needs to be a balanced and something like this isn't balanced it just being unfair really to the people who did the grind for days/weeks getting these items for themselves to improve themself do be raid worthy, so to buy these items/sell is totally out of the question and should never be allowed in pantheon.

• 1303 posts
    April 4, 2017 10:47 AM PDT

Riahuf22 said:

I'm fine with certain quests able to be MQ'ed like small quests and such that can give you a lil bit of gear or something, but if your talking about Epic quests, EQ CoV, Coldain, KD gear than no way these are such huge steps in development of your character back than that they should have to be attained by you and only you no exception, and this isn't only an exploit to the person buying these items to advance theselves well past where they should be but also is an exploit to people wanting to box heavily and sell these items for a ton of money, which i find to also be unfair, their needs to be a balanced and something like this isn't balanced it just being unfair really to the people who did the grind for days/weeks getting these items for themselves to improve themself do be raid worthy, so to buy these items/sell is totally out of the question and should never be allowed in pantheon.

Agreed. And the intended block is a no drop flag. That's what it's for. Circumventing that is circumventing the intentions of the devs. 

• 13 posts
    April 4, 2017 2:58 PM PDT
    Please no MQing in Pantheon...it ruins the game. At first sure it's convenient to help a friend out, but eventually it devolves into players, groups, and eventually guilds monopolizing desirable spawns and items for MQ, with the intent to sell the MQ item. Not only does this deny average players from access to content and quests, it also encourages real money transactions.
    Just look at the problems on eq p99. Go to the tunnel and you'll see several class epic MQ items. Some are even full epic MQ. Since I don't play 16 hours a day, I can't even get to the mob for the quest item cause it's either perma camped, or the top tier guilds kill it to sell in EC the moment it spawns. What I could do though is drop real life cash on a ton of platinum and just buy the epic, which only encourages both the monopolizing players and the real money transaction players. It's a bad cycle. Please no MQing.