Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Funding

• 82 posts
    September 27, 2016 6:40 PM PDT

Just a quick question, what is the state of funding? Are we going to see another kickstarter like campaign or anything?

Just wanting to know basicaly how certain is this game to release.

• 9115 posts
    September 27, 2016 7:37 PM PDT

We have been very open and transparent with this to date and will continue to do so, since the last update our situation has not changed, we continue to move forward and progress, you can see new team members being added all the time and we continue to seek suitable investors that are a good match for our company and vision for Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen. We are steadily receiving pledge and subscriptions which help us out a lot and it is something we appreciate greatly.

The game will be made no matter what, this is something we have always stated and it has not changed, without investors, it will just take longer. Once our situation changes we will, like with everything, update everyone via an announcement across all official platforms.

• 82 posts
    September 27, 2016 7:50 PM PDT

Cool thanks for the reply man :) I cant wait to play pantheon is unquie. I dont mean to sound skeptical about funding its just my nature to question.

• 513 posts
    September 28, 2016 12:57 AM PDT

How would others view the following scenario?

This quest has been brought to you by Coca-Cola.  Visit their website and enter this code to revceive a reward!  Click the link, enter a code generated by server for completing a quest, once all info is entered Coca-cola sends you a T-Shirt and Coupon for soda...

I am not sure if I like the idea - but as a revenue builder it is kinda awesome.  I am all for gaming take a lead in advertisement.  Gaming already out-performs movies and television in marketability...

• 9115 posts
    September 28, 2016 3:26 AM PDT

Ultra said:

Cool thanks for the reply man :) I cant wait to play pantheon is unquie. I dont mean to sound skeptical about funding its just my nature to question.

It is natural to question everything, I am someone who always questions things and looks for facts and evidence, being skeptical is healthy and something I encourage :)

• 9115 posts
    September 28, 2016 3:28 AM PDT

Nephretiti said:

This quest has been brought to you by Coca-Cola.  Visit their website and enter this code to revceive a reward!  Click the link, enter a code generated by server for completing a quest, once all info is entered Coca-cola sends you a T-Shirt and Coupon for soda...

I am not sure if I like the idea - but as a revenue builder it is kinda awesome.  I am all for gaming take a lead in advertisement.  Gaming already out-performs movies and television in marketability...

That is an interesting idea but I am not sure if it would suit our company or community, I like your thinking outside the box though :)

• 33 posts
    September 28, 2016 4:07 AM PDT

Nephretiti said:

Perhaps instead a Pizza Delivery service .... would make a killing! Lol. A bit too immersion breaking probably. 

• 1404 posts
    September 28, 2016 5:00 AM PDT

Dunkmeister said:

Nephretiti said:

Perhaps instead a Pizza Delivery service .... would make a killing! Lol. A bit too immersion breaking probably. 

Beer would work!

• 9115 posts
    September 28, 2016 5:54 AM PDT

Mmmm, beer and pizza combined sponsorship, as an Aussie this is something I can get behind even if it's personal sponsorship! lol :D

• 110 posts
    September 28, 2016 8:11 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Mmmm, beer and pizza combined sponsorship, as an Aussie this is something I can get behind even if it's personal sponsorship! lol :D

If we're going to go outside the box, let's go waaaay outside the box: Personal sponsorships! When you first register your account, you check boxes next to a list of sponsors for which you'd like to receive in-game promotions. Then you'd get periodic messages after completing certain quests or missions or raids or whatever, you get a promotion: Congratulations! You collected 10 rusty daggers! Click here to get $3 off your next online order from Pizza Hut!

• 34 posts
    September 28, 2016 9:21 AM PDT
    /puke please no. Eq2 did pizza hut adverts and ordering from in game. Was terrible. I wanna play a game to escape the real world, not be hit with advertisements in game.
    • 110 posts
    September 28, 2016 10:32 AM PDT

Moarcrits said: /puke please no. Eq2 did pizza hut adverts and ordering from in game. Was terrible. I wanna play a game to escape the real world, not be hit with advertisements in game.

We're just having a bit of fun here ... I don't think they would actually do this, but it doesn't hurt to brainstorm, even if they're bad ideas.

• 1303 posts
    September 28, 2016 10:48 AM PDT

Generally speaking, I'm fully against in-game advertising. The last thing I want to see is a billboard over the city gates for Toyota. 

That being said, I'd be willing to swallow game-lore or swag announcements on the zoning splash-screens with an inobtrusive "Sponsored by Toyota" tag. Just for the love of God dont tie it with any targeted advertisement crap that feeds from my browser cookies or something.

This post was edited by Feyshtey at September 28, 2016 10:49 AM PDT
    • 58 posts
    September 28, 2016 11:05 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Nephretiti said:

That is an interesting idea but I am not sure if it would suit our company or community, I like your thinking outside the box though :)

What If  the sponsor would be forced to tune to the lore of the game for example coke cola wants to invest but don't want the modern coke branding and stuff.

But what if for their sponsorship the coke bottle which is an icon and known to the world could be introduce in alchemy.

• 187 posts
    September 28, 2016 12:25 PM PDT

Lol fun ideas here (obviously not going to be implemented). Here's one:

Character branding: During character creation you can choose to tatoo your character with a brand's logo as a form of active advertisement for dicounts. Kilsin's toon would have XXXX Gold and Dominos tats?

• 294 posts
    September 28, 2016 5:21 PM PDT

So, maybe not an ingame advertisement, but how about an in company, game purchase item for those who purchase the didgital version of the game.

Say the game is going to sell for 59.99 for a digital copy. Purchase the 79.99 delux version, get an ingame item and perhaps a special VR or Pantheon T-shirt.

The T-shirt only costs $10-15 bucks to make and ship, the additional $5-10 bucks is a bonus for VR, and the T-shirt is advertising for the game itself.

It could add up.

• 9115 posts
    September 28, 2016 7:46 PM PDT

Definitely just kicking around some fun ideas, so no need to worry ;)

• 1281 posts
    September 30, 2016 6:56 AM PDT

Ultra said:

Just a quick question, what is the state of funding? Are we going to see another kickstarter like campaign or anything?

Just wanting to know basicaly how certain is this game to release.

It's been about a year now that they announced they have received some level of investment and were able to start paying staff.

• 66 posts
    September 30, 2016 8:41 AM PDT

Nephretiti said:

I know needing $$$ is a reality to develop and maintain a game, but this idea kind of sounds like an immersion killer to me personally.

• 1404 posts
    September 30, 2016 9:04 AM PDT
    Beyond immersion killer. I don't pay a Subscription to a game with RL advertising. No matter how good the game is.. just not going to happen.
    But it's fun to joke about.
    • 513 posts
    September 30, 2016 9:31 AM PDT

I just used Coca-cola as an example - the gods only know what all we could do with thi.  The whole point was to realize the possibilities.  Companies pay millions for a 30 second add during the superbowl - and this is an opportunity io sponser a quest (or many) that millions will watch and participate in and to have it out there for the life of hte game itself (how long has EQ been around?).

The down-side is that some folks do not like ANYTHING to interfere with their immersion.

As for myself?  I am diabetic and gave up ALL soda products a few years ago.  I Try a single sip from a different soda every now and then and to be honest - I simply cannot stand the taste of it now and wonder how I ever manage to dsrinik the stuff.

Beer, on the other hand...

oh yeah - and there is the fact that I am a fan of "toggles" - so I would suggest placing a "toggle Commercials on/off" button in there.   That way the immersion players dont have to see it - and the folks who want a free t=shirt or whatever would still have access to it if they wanted it.

• 232 posts
    October 3, 2016 6:53 AM PDT

Dunkmeister said:

Nephretiti said:

Immersion breaking... I was thinking the same thing.

This post was edited by Dekaden at October 3, 2016 6:53 AM PDT
    • 470 posts
    July 11, 2018 5:32 PM PDT

Rather than start a new thread, and maybe this has been brought up before, I wanted to pose a question. Since we already have Pledge packages for pre-order, "IF" VR were to consider it, how would you guys feel about them offering monthly cosmetic packs akin to what Ashes of Creation is doing soley for additional development funding to help get things to launch. Allow me to ellaborate.

Each month there would be something like 1-3 packs that offer a couple of cosmetic items at varying prices and maybe some subscription time. AoC does this with like 3 or 4 different cosmetic packs a month that vary in prices and come with at least a couple of months sub. Example: Pack 1 contains 3 cosmetic items and a month of game time for $30. 

Now before people go nuts, I am not fond of micrrotransactions either. And this would simply be something pre-launch and cosmetic with maybe some sub time. Offer a couple of different packs over a given tikme, make some extra dev funds, then launch as intended. No P2W and nothing overly exploitive (looking at you Star Citizen ;p). Just a question of curiosity and to maybe give us some talky bits.

Anywho, I'll leave it at that. I'll go get the fire extinguisher. 

This post was edited by Kratuk at July 11, 2018 5:35 PM PDT
    • 1281 posts
    July 11, 2018 6:20 PM PDT

Kratuk said:

Rather than start a new thread, and maybe this has been brought up before, I wanted to pose a question. Since we already have Pledge packages for pre-order, "IF" VR were to consider it, how would you guys feel about them offering monthly cosmetic packs akin to what Ashes of Creation is doing soley for additional development funding to help get things to launch. Allow me to ellaborate.

Each month there would be something like 1-3 packs that offer a couple of cosmetic items at varying prices and maybe some subscription time. AoC does this with like 3 or 4 different cosmetic packs a month that vary in prices and come with at least a couple of months sub. Example: Pack 1 contains 3 cosmetic items and a month of game time for $30. 

Now before people go nuts, I am not fond of micrrotransactions either. And this would simply be something pre-launch and cosmetic with maybe some sub time. Offer a couple of different packs over a given tikme, make some extra dev funds, then launch as intended. No P2W and nothing overly exploitive (looking at you Star Citizen ;p). Just a question of curiosity and to maybe give us some talky bits.

Anywho, I'll leave it at that. I'll go get the fire extinguisher. 

VR h already stated that there won't be any r/l cash for in-game items.

• 470 posts
    July 11, 2018 6:29 PM PDT

Kalok said:

VR h already stated that there won't be any r/l cash for in-game items.

Think you may have misunderstood what I was getting at. It was simply an extension of the preorder cosmetic items of the Pledges simply to help things along until launch. I wasn't suggesting a long-standing microtransaction store that would be here to stay. Merely preorders cosmetic packs that might also include subscription time. They do this with pledges already. That was what I was getting at.