Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Social Downtime Feature! In-game TCG!

• 44 posts
    April 21, 2017 6:39 AM PDT
    Hi Jerus . You posted:

I'm worried if they make this card game really good then what's the point of the rest of the game? You'd have a bunch of people playing cards and a bunch of monsters waiting to be killed. Not just the use of development resources but also the focus of players would be shifted away from the primary game, and I don't think that's a good goal.

I imagine that the goal of an MMO is to have meaningful contact with others in an attempt at friendship, geared towards fun in a fantasy environment. I love finding cute fuzzy creatures and murdering droves of them, or questing for hidden treasures. I like them because they bring me closer to my murder buddies. The truth is that I have found people that I have loved in the process. My best friend in the world was found in a game. A decade later her and I are inseparable. To me an MMO is deeper than the combat. It's about interaction. As long as the card game or chess match or whatever gives me the opportunity to point and heckle my opponent, then I can make a friend for killing with later.