Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Outsourcing NPC character models.. to us!

• 334 posts
    September 3, 2016 1:24 PM PDT

I had this thought while watching one of the recent archived streams and noticing a few repeat cloned character models (which will obviously be worked on as the game approaches release). One of the more annoying things in games is noticing character models that are clones, it's pretty immersion breaking. Random generators probably can only achieve so much without creating some monstrosities.

When the game gets closer to launch, I think it'd be cool to provide some access to the character creation tool in an independent client (perhaps to those who pledged and have provided support) so we can create unique models and submit the design (rather than a "create character" button, it just submits the model so that someone can look it over, okay it, and throw it into the game). That way, VR has a nice database of models to choose from when populating the world.

Just an idea :)

• 9 posts
    September 3, 2016 9:27 PM PDT

Like idea , but maybe not so easy to make happen. resources and such. But making world more diverse is great idea.

• 334 posts
    September 4, 2016 8:07 AM PDT

Definitely, this is only an idea I would feel comfortable with given it freed up more resources than it took!

• 186 posts
    September 9, 2016 2:58 PM PDT
    I would pledge a bit more to have the ability to create toons for them. That is perhaps one of my favorite things to do in games, I create alts and spend many moments getting them perfect