Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

While we wait for this game..

• 109 posts
    August 31, 2016 7:06 AM PDT

I've been patiently waiting for beta to come out but months after I pledged, I THEN find out the game is in PRE-pre-alpha, so I gave up waiting and have been exploring other games, till Pantheon releases playable content- I can't wait for that day!!.

If anyone else is in the same boat, I suggest this game I've been playing, Star Citizen- it is AWESOME! They're in alpha but they allow everyone to play it at no extra cost. They have only released a small portion of the universe, which is still massive, while they work on everything else, and they're constantly patching new updates every 2 months or so. 

You can fly around in space ships collecting salvage, kill pirates, BE a pirate, do search and rescue missions, reset satellites, pvp other players, etc. Earn currency to buy weapons and armor, though each patch resets these things.. But you get to keep your space ship and the ships' upgrades. I thought for sure my brother was going to dump $1,000 into Pantheon but he, also, needed to play something and since then he's dumped $1,600+ into Star Citizen, where I am at $180 or so, and still super happy with what I have..

I stole this ginormous ship ! I've never seen it before and had to have it. I kept getting lost inside it. It must take a crew of like 12 people to operate it efficiently

This post was edited by Shayken at September 4, 2016 7:55 AM PDT
    • 109 posts
    August 31, 2016 7:08 AM PDT

This post was edited by Shayken at September 4, 2016 7:55 AM PDT
    • 149 posts
    August 31, 2016 8:30 AM PDT

Ill stick to WoW Legion. I heard good things about that game but I prefer fantasy over sci-fi so never could get into it.

• 308 posts
    August 31, 2016 8:49 AM PDT

After seeing the last (first?) persistent world video, i have to admit i was impressed.  I thought this juggernaut was going to spin out of control with feature creep; features they wouldn't be able to seamlessly deliver, but it looks like they are doing some amazing things.  

Aggelos said:

Ill stick to WoW Legion. I heard good things about that game but I prefer fantasy over sci-fi so never could get into it.

I am really impressed with Legion so far, the new zones look great, the lore is pretty damn good.  For the first time in a long time (for WoW), i haven't found myself racing to 110, but rather am doing all the side quests, etc. and running through all the artifact scenarios for my level 100s, and boy did they do a good job with the ones i have seen.

• 149 posts
    August 31, 2016 12:42 PM PDT

That is awesome Reht! I am still waiting for Best Buy to deliver my box... So all yesterday I was sitting in Discord chat listening to my guildies starting Legion telling me how great it was and there I was in my garrison twittling my thumbs!

• 109 posts
    August 31, 2016 5:53 PM PDT

Aggelos said:

I can respect that, I could never get into WoW- I tried up to like lvl40 ish but eh, I was mainly just EverQuest and then EQ emulators. Now, I'm sick of trying to rely on emulators as they all fail me after a while and I'm left upset. The lastest server, after like 4 years the lead dev had to go on leave due to work in RL (I understand) but this was RIGHT after a new client patch, leaving people bugged for months. Then he came back to post on the forums that he wants to start from scratch and make a sequal.. FML lol.  At this point in my life, I'm happy to pay whatever I need to for the game and/or subscription if it is a good  reliable client, great community, and easily playable with the little free hours I have. 

I didn't see myself wanting to play this game past the First Person Shooter portion of the game, but the online MMO part is pretty dope- and it's great to be playing something and seeing the progression first hand, not in a twitch.

• 93 posts
    September 1, 2016 3:17 PM PDT

Aggelos said:

• 9115 posts
    September 1, 2016 10:49 PM PDT

I had to remove the code, as it goes against our promotion policy, if you want to share a code with someone, please do not do it publicly on these development forums.

Also, as a side note, if you want to post multiple screenshots or pictures in the same post, just upload them to somewhere like Imgur (or whatever you like to use) then copy/paste them into you post right under each other, this is what I do for CM content when needed and it saves double posting ;)

• 109 posts
    September 4, 2016 7:54 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

I had to remove the code, as it goes against our promotion policy, if you want to share a code with someone, please do not do it publicly on these development forums.

Also, as a side note, if you want to post multiple screenshots or pictures in the same post, just upload them to somewhere like Imgur (or whatever you like to use) then copy/paste them into you post right under each other, this is what I do for CM content when needed and it saves double posting ;)

Roger that, thanks

• 9115 posts
    September 4, 2016 6:21 PM PDT

Shayken said:

Kilsin said:

Roger that, thanks

You're very welcome, Shayken :)